Driving Signals

NeonLeon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love this guide, I just wish more people bothered to use this type of communication with lights. 

Lights seem to have become just another way for people to distract one another. I'll never understand why people attempt to justify driving recklessly by having 20 beacons and hazards flashing. 

We approach desensitization when this happens. If everyone drives with all of their warning lights enabled, I start to disassociate them with danger or a need to pay more attention. 

TL;DR Proper usage of lights is important, if we don't do so, they become useless. 

909352999_role_RetiredTeamMember.png.778

1753152791_role_ReportModerator.png.19771713344466_role_GameModerator.png.6d5d141071312553_role_GameModeratorLeader.png.927432954_role_HumanResources.png.9c8e45

I use it like
Flash once /max. twice/ my lights to the oncoming traffic -  More often like "GreetingZ"  or "Hello & GL"   

If there is any danger, crash or traffic jam for the oncoming traffic, then i'll probably  flash my lights faster several times & use horn to warn them.

For saying "Thank you!" when I overtake someone I simply use Hazard lights /if i'm in-front of him/ and 2 short horn signals if he's in-front of me. - this is like in real life too.

This is actually a very useful guide. I've previously had people in chat saying "What are you flashing for?" and I'm like "It's to indicate x" so hopefully people will find this thread as well.

I mostly use the flashing hazards to say thanks or flashing headlights to say there's a good gap in front so overtakers can fit in. Another good one is flashing hazards while braking, this indicates a sudden drop in speed ahead so the person behind can brake in time before they crash :P

Edited by heyhococo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you posted this, I tend to follow these and people are wondering why I am flashing. Also, if you are letting the person overtake, I always use my right signal to let them know they can pass on single roads.