Ping differences between servers

wheelman (AUS)

Question

Living in and playing ETS2 from Australia entails living with high ping times. My normal ping time to EU2 would be 350-360ms. Recently my ping times to EU2 have jumped to 450-460ms at times, while ping times to EU1 are still 350-360ms. This is odd since the EU1 and EU2 servers are located fairly close to each other geographically, with EU1 IP address based in Paris, and EU2 IP address based in Roubaix. Is there any reason at TMP's end why these differences should be noticeable ?

EU1 & 2 pings.jpg

8 answers to this question

Hello ;

NA is best server for you but TruckersMP ETS2 NA server is closed if you play ATS you can join NA server.On ETS2 playing use VPN or another location changer program.Also you can contact our manager via feedback request.Click here this link helps you.

• Like 1

Alternative Links;

[ Feedback ] - [ Support ] - [ Recruitment ] - [ Appeal ] - [ Website ] 

My currently TruckersMP Rank

image.png.3412a88f353220c432af28d2399ef3bd.png

tr.png uk.png Screenshot_1.jpg
If you have a question or problem, you can contact staff from our system: https://truckersmp.com/support

76561198328766876.png

The main difference is in the number of users in each server. Peak time, EU#1 server rarely has more than 500 players, EU#2 has more than 4000. Handling all the data from +4000 users makes the server to struggle and ping times to increase, if you try EU#2 when there are less than 1000 users connected, you'll see that the pings are almost identical to those in EU#1 server.

BTW, using VPN services to connect to any servers won't improve your ping, as it is based mainly upon distance between the server and the client computer. From Paris to Australia it's like 14000 Km (9000 miles) and there's no way to avoid that with VPN or any other "location changer programs". There used to be a Hong Kong based server, much closer to Australia, this would've been the best option, but almost no one was using it and it was eventually closed. Suggestions to open an Australia based server have been made in the past and rejected due to the low amount of users that would join that server and the prices being too high to be worth it.

9 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

BTW, using VPN services to connect to any servers won't improve your ping, as it is based mainly upon distance between the server and the client computer. From Paris to Australia it's like 14000 Km (9000 miles) and there's no way to avoid that with VPN or any other "location changer programs". There used to be a Hong Kong based server, much closer to Australia, this would've been the best option, but almost no one was using it and it was eventually closed. Suggestions to open an Australia based server have been made in the past and rejected due to the low amount of users that would join that server and the prices being too high to be worth it.

I have tried using a VPN but that makes the issue worse, adding further delay and variability in ping times.  I will continue logging the ping differences, but I did notice this morning at noon my time (3:00am GMT) the ping jumped from 350ish to 450ish within ten minutes, as if some configuration of EU2 was changed.

2097173157_EU2pings2.jpg.684b6a907022c5ed33976c9c96eff51f.jpg

37 minutes ago, wheelman (AUS) said:

Bir VPN kullanmayı denedim, ancak bu durum daha da kötüleşiyor, ping zamanlarında daha fazla gecikme ve değişkenlik ekleniyor. Ping farklılıklarını kaydetmeye devam edeceğim, ancak bu sabah öğlen saatlerinde (3:00 GMT) öğleden sonra, ping'in EU2'nin bir yapılandırması değişmiş gibi on dakika içinde 350ish'ten 450ish'e çıktığını fark ettim.

Sad for this maybe you can contect our Human Resources on feedback or official discord server and tell this problem.Our managers our staff helps you.

Have fun !

Alternative Links;

[ Feedback ] - [ Support ] - [ Recruitment ] - [ Appeal ] - [ Website ] 

My currently TruckersMP Rank

image.png.3412a88f353220c432af28d2399ef3bd.png

tr.png uk.png Screenshot_1.jpg
If you have a question or problem, you can contact staff from our system: https://truckersmp.com/support

76561198328766876.png