ETS2 Updates - Past, present and future!

Callum.

Hello everyone! :D

So 1.35 has been out in beta for a bit of time now, and I thought I would take the opportunity to speak about this update, as well as previous updates and updates in the future!

Update 1.33 saw a lot of exciting new features, some including many more trailers and configurations such as buyable HCT's, flatbeds, brick trailers, etc. As well as two new ports to link us between the base map and Scandinavia! And not forgetting something which is small but I really looked forwards to... Rain drops behaviour on glass improvement, I know that is a small change but in my eyes, it made the first person view much more realistic!

Not longer after, we saw the release of 1.34, which may have been a smaller update, but definitely one that excited a lot of people! The release of a shiny new truck: MAN TGX Euro 6. I have personally loved this truck since it got released!

And now we are in the 1.35 beta time, with many exciting updates such as the Germany rework - part 2, fresh new roads in France, more special transport routes, wiper improvements, external market, more trailer configurations including the new DAF trailer (seen below), and lets not forget... SARDINIA ISLAND! I personally love all this new scenic roads in Sardinia, SCS Software have really gone all out with detail and the results are simply breath-taking! :wub:

So this moves me on to your views and opinions... 
Firstly, what do you all think about the 1.35 update, have you been testing it out in SP? I really love the new additions and reworks in 1.35 and I truly hope the full version is released and supported by TMP very soon!

And secondly, what would you all desperately love to see in future updates? I personally would like to see reworks done in other parts of the base map such as the UK and maybe even bring Northern Ireland and Ireland into the game, as well as maybe smaller updates such as the ability to make your windows go up and down in cab view, this would just add that extra bit of realism into the already awesome game! 

Thanks for taking your time to read this!

Callum :P

VBxmWL1.png

P.s. Poor quality photo... I know... I am bad at media ;):excl::kappa:

@Callum Johnson Poor quality, are you crazy...thats far from poor! 1.35 will be patched when they can be bothered like with the daf skin.....its really not as hard as its made out ( wont say how i know but, walls have ears ). its simply pulling whats new from a patch & adding it to the mp version, if it was that hard we wouldnt have the previous 34 patches 

Note: The DAF Truck + Trailer Skin was normally planned for 1.35, but they added it in a little patch accidently  already in the 1.34. They don't wanted to look it like a mistake, so they made the #IDRIVEDAF competition out of it. :P

Anyways. I tested 1.35 already in the experimental beta and I need to agree that sardinia and the rework of germany pt. 2 is just beautiful! I can't wait to drive these roads in MP! :wub:

For the future I have many wishes, but I think the list is to long, to post it here. :P

Anyways, thanks for sharing ^_^

From what I've seen in 1.35 betas, it looks really cool. I'm not planning to go on the 1.35 beta though because I want to get the surprise for when the full version is released :D
I'm sure when 1.35 is released, the devs will be working hard for TruckersMP to support it.

For the future, I hope the Renault Range T gets added. I also hope that they rework the United Kingdom as I think it's definitely needed as a majority of the cities are very similar. 

Good topic Callum :) 

yo

So going further into the past:

I'm getting all this info from here: https://truck-simulator.fandom.com/wiki/Euro_Truck_Simulator_2_Version_history

Only the major features are here

1.32 we got ownable trailers and northern germany rework

1.31 we got random road events, trailer cables

1.30 we got northern italy rework, new scania trucks, time zones

1.28 we got double trailers in scandinavia (tbh this was a small update)

1.27 we got liftable trailer axles, adaptive transmission modes, diff lock

1.26 we got old parts of france reworked, new transmissions

The 1.35 update is great and I'm enjoying sardinia and new germany especially.

For the future 1.36 update I'm expecting to possibly have more dx11 changes, the new renault truck, more physics changes, possible release of road to the black sea dlc, detours (they're in ats but not ets2 yet)

14 hours ago, Koneko_ said:

Note: The DAF Truck + Trailer Skin was normally planned for 1.35, but they added it in a little patch accidently  already in the 1.34. They don't wanted to look it like a mistake, so they made the #IDRIVEDAF competition out of it. :P

Anyways. I tested 1.35 already in the experimental beta and I need to agree that sardinia and the rework of germany pt. 2 is just beautiful! I can't wait to drive these roads in MP! :wub:

For the future I have many wishes, but I think the list is to long, to post it here. :P

Anyways, thanks for sharing ^_^

I didn't know that! But at least they managed to make more hype with it for 1.35.
I have quite the list of additions that I would love to see implemented into the game and TMP, but thought I would just list a couple of the main ones :wub:

11 hours ago, Vinnie P. B. said:

We already DREAM on  for 1.36 or 1.37... :rolleyes:

Gotta look forwards to whats in store in the near future! :P

10 hours ago, Bender said:

Hope they input the renault range T in 1.36 

This seems to be a very big addition which people would like to see, I personally haven't really seen this truck before, but in terms of trucks within the game, I would love to see many more trucks to own and drive! :lol:

10 hours ago, MattTM said:

From what I've seen in 1.35 betas, it looks really cool. I'm not planning to go on the 1.35 beta though because I want to get the surprise for when the full version is released :D
I'm sure when 1.35 is released, the devs will be working hard for TruckersMP to support it.

For the future, I hope the Renault Range T gets added. I also hope that they rework the United Kingdom as I think it's definitely needed as a majority of the cities are very similar. 

Good topic Callum :) 

Yea, there is a lot of new and exciting features in this update Matt! definitely one to look forwards to if your waiting for the full release! ;)
I couldn't agree more, the UK is very repetitive at the moment, most motorways look the same, most cities look the same, most junctions and slip roads look the same, they could do with reworking it and making it look more real, adding more proper and tight country roads, maybe adding more lower down towns that people don't seem to know very well, I would certainly love to see more of Yorkshire, maybe add the main 2 cities: York and Leeds! :D

7 hours ago, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

So going further into the past:

I'm getting all this info from here: https://truck-simulator.fandom.com/wiki/Euro_Truck_Simulator_2_Version_history

Only the major features are here

1.32 we got ownable trailers and northern germany rework

1.31 we got random road events, trailer cables

1.30 we got northern italy rework, new scania trucks, time zones

1.28 we got double trailers in scandinavia (tbh this was a small update)

1.27 we got liftable trailer axles, adaptive transmission modes, diff lock

1.26 we got old parts of france reworked, new transmissions

The 1.35 update is great and I'm enjoying sardinia and new germany especially.

For the future 1.36 update I'm expecting to possibly have more dx11 changes, the new renault truck, more physics changes, possible release of road to the black sea dlc, detours (they're in ats but not ets2 yet)

Yes, we have seen a lot of new features over the last couple of years in updates, certainly seem to be getting better and better!
That is certainly one thing I really want to see in ETS2... Detours! That has been a big hit in ATS, and I think it would go down incredibly well in ETS2, so many great places to implement this!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Callum Johnson

Thank you so much for your post! Since this is topic hasn't been posted in for 14 days, I will be moving this to our archive. :) Do not worry though, feel free to make a new topic so we can all discuss the next thing ;)

If you have any questions about this, feel free to contact me!

//Locked n moved

• Guest locked this topic

Archived