New ‘Adult’ Radio Station forming soon.. informal chat..

Anarkros

Hi all,

I have been on ‘Air’ (internet wise) since 2006.. i have amassed over 200,000 tunes, been on countless  radio stations and contributed somewhere around  2,000+ shows and an unimaginable number of hours to on an air entertainment. I also did my first ever ‘live’ dj’ing in a club in the mid 80’s.. with vinyl.

To put it bluntly, I done my time.

I have seen many things, I have seen stations rise and fall like attack ships on fire off the shoulders of Orion,, i have sen DJ’s go big and then go home, I watched listener counts go from 3 to 30 to 3,000+ and return to dust.. Hell I even bought a burger at a Wimpy bar and enjoyed it.

In Short, I’m Old. Been there, got the T shirt, dated the daughter of the guy who started it way back when and had the pleasure of seeing her settle down with a nice guy and invite me to her wedding and be a god parent to her kids and watch over them as they had kids of their own..

So, whats the point?

Point is, I am bored, bored of todays music, bored of being treated like a 5 year old and bored of being spoon fed what is others have ‘screened’ for me to listen to. I suspect I am not alone.

I want to start a new Radio Station, a ‘MATURE’ radio station... and I do not know why but as soon as you say ‘MATURE’ in caps everyone googles...

Sorry to disappoint. MATURE Radio means :-

Music that may contain swear words (list below)

DJ’s who may utter ‘bad’ words.

GOOD MUSIC

MATURE TOPICS

most importantly, music aimed at adults who do not want every song presented to them as though it is on Postman Pats Radio Station.

However, lines will be drawn, music will be foremost.. I do not want to limit the DJ’s in the music they play, music is music, wether written by Gary Glitter or comedy by Bill Cosby or Jim Norton but...  that ‘s music..  comedy.. speech & content wise DJ’s will be held accountable..  racism, sexism, xenophobia, etc etc all no no no.. .

I want the DJ’s to be free to play good music, free of the shackles of ‘lets not upset the kids’

Impolitely, you have been up and out and have been at work all day, i want you to turn the radio on and relax with a whiskey in your hand and if you want to a smoke in the other, you sure as hell don’t want some a hole telling you its bad for you, sitting back and discussing which brands of whiskey or smokes between banging tunes? Now thats a radio station.

So, when the radio starting?

Soon, it’s a money thing, I am aware that as soon as we play song 1 we will fave 20,000 SJ warriors who will try and close us down so from day 1, song 1 we have to be PRS, PPL registered ( no prs/ppl doesn’t care what you play as long as you pay)  so yeah, its a money thing.

Time I stepped up, put my money where my mouth is..  and yes, it may be 6 months or a year.. but sooner i start.. the sooner its done.

What ‘bad’ music will i bring then, to corrupt your souls?

Bee Gees.. (yeah! They swore in some songs).

Will Smith.. yeah, he swore also..

The Beautiful South

Eminem. In some songs he didn’t !

System of a down

Steel Panthers

Natasha Leggero

Robin Williams

Slipknot

Rage Against the Machine

Blink 182

Limp Bizkit

Dope

Psychostcik

Jonny Cash

Elton John

The Who

Pink Floyd

The Dead Kennedys

Dire Straights

Tenacious D

Fatboy Slim

99.9% of EDM / House music

To name but a few there are... more.. many many many many more..

So, I won’t do what you tell me..I won’t do what you tell me, do what you tell me.. killin in the name of...

Seriously though its time, to make people want to listen to the radio again.. and yes there will be truck talk, traffic updates, convoys..console & pc gamer talk, car & bike talk, food & current affairs talk,. all the usual stuff... just not served up with a happy meal and a side order of  “keep it clean for the kids”.. well there are 1000’s of kid friendly stations out there but stealing a quote from a movie 

“You see, according to Cocteau's plan I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think; I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder - "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I WANT high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I want to smoke Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green jello all over my body reading magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiener"

the first recorded ‘blasphemy’ in a song was in the early 1950’s... lets just say the 60’s saw an explosion in it,.  

Not every song will contain swearing, some will, some won’t.. but I believe in giving the DJ’s the power to pick what they play, playing the best songs they can.. not worrying about the words so much as concentrating on the music...  sadly there will always be that  1 guy or girl, so extremist songs & views are out...just because a station allows swearing does not mean a complete free for all. 4chan has rules, so will we.

————

Want to be a DJ..? Will need to be 21+ and have 10,000 songs in mp 3 320 format minimum.

want to just generally ‘help’..  message me.

want to help donate? Message me.. there will be bills coming out of our.. i suspect advertisers may be thin on the ground!

want to bitch & moan & gripe..? Go ahead, no such thing as bad publicity as someone far smarter than I once said..

yeah, i know this is probably a pipe dream.. but this has been a ‘thing’ with me for years, time to put it out there once and for all.

DJ.. Anarkros.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello There;

As your topic has been inactive for over 14 days, we are archiving your topic. Due to the fact our forums are a busy place, we archive topics that are inactive for 2 weeks to help keep just those topics that are truly active for our community.

If you have any further questions or comments, or wish for your topic to be unarchived don't be afraid to contact me.  :wub:

//Moved to Archive

Archived