double trailers, parking, and restricted zone, can't delete reports.

Luky0805

Question

I wrote the tag "I can do anything" with I not i, but it lowered it, I know that i is not correct, I is correct.

Hello, I'd like to ask if is allowed park double trailers in "I can do anything" difficulty (If it is possible.)? I don't see any reason why not, but I just want to ask.

And

I would like to ask why I/we can't delete reports?

And

I would like to ask why is there restricted area for double trailers? what's the purpose?

9 answers to this question

You can enable hard parking for double trailers with "g_simple_parking_doubles" set to 1.

There is a restricted area for doubles because its believed that there will be issues if people could take doubles anywhere. (I don't believe this, but its not up to me of course)

I wrote the tag "I can do anything" with I not i, but it lowered it, I know that i is not correct, I is correct.

Hello, I'd like to ask if we can park double trailers in "I can do anything" difficulty (If it is possible.)? I don't see any reason why not, but I just want to ask (I didn't try it yet so I don't know if it will automatically kick me.).

I have no idea what you're asking about.  If you mean you want to manually back in the doubles, there's a console command you can look up to enable it (I don't have it memorized).

Why?  Either your report will be accepted or an admin will decline it.  

I would like to ask why is there restricted area for double trailers? what's the purpose?

Because some people ruin things for everyone.  Most players can't drive properly with a single trailer, why should we allow them double trailers in highly populated areas?

5 hours ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

I have no idea what you're asking about.  If you mean you want to manually back in the doubles, there's a console command you can look up to enable it (I don't have it memorized).

Because stupid people ruin things for everyone.  Most players can't drive properly with a single trailer, why should we allow them double trailers in highly populated areas?

With 1.35 they are gonna have to remove the restriction as like it or not SCS have allowed them in the Netherlands & Germany! TMP are just gonna have to deal with the fact they are allowed, can't ban people from using the CD with them as its part of where they are now used & even if they do people will simply cause BS on the other roads....TMP need to get over the fact banning stuff really doesnt solve the issue

To be fair, the only issue I see with doubles is that for the average player, it’s extremely difficult to reverse a double out of a situation. 

Most think that doubles in highly highly congested areas will equal chaos of biblical proportions, but in reality, I think doubles would be no more dangerous than a standard truck and trailer, yes the extra length and turning space is difficult with tight junctions and corners, but looking at how some people drive, they struggle to negotiate these areas even with a normal trailer.

Therisk of running a double will surely put off most people because of the challenge associated (and it would limit people’s ability to do warp factor 9 everywhere), but still, I think trialing all access doubles should be a consideration and restricted them, especially if SCS does implement doubles into places like Germany as they said they were, then the restriction would hamper a load of cities that SCS would then allow doubles to be taken to and from.

As for higher difficulty doubles parking, as others explained, there is a setting that you can change, either through the console ingame or through your ETS2 config files that adds more difficult doubles parking. 

On 5/18/2019 at 8:29 PM, TheCreepyTruckr said:

Because I don't want to get punished/make more work for admin team. @TheCreepyTruckr

---

"If we can park double trailers..."

was meant like if it is allowed on tmp, I know I can activate it.

I'll go edit that.

---

And my opinion on double trailers, I think there just would need to be rule to not go with them to area with lot of people instead of blocking whole germany (If the theory is because there is already lot of people.) but that is just admin's team thing.

---

sorry for late reply...