AI-NPC Traffic

Firstly let me say that I know what I'm suggesting is a major project and not just a little tweek.
I enjoy ETS2 and TruckersMP a lot.
I find it relaxing and more so when listening to various  streaming  radio stations , catching up on the news and listening to some tunes.
Very much like I would do in real life.
One thing I miss between the single player version and the multi-player one is the lack of 'realistic' traffic.
In MP we have world without any NPC traffic which seems a bit unrealistic.
It means that one can drive blindly, ignoring many road traffic signs and lights etc knowing that if theres no 'dot' on the sat-nav nearby ... the road is clear and there is no need for caution and observation of road rules. 
I am also a software engineer by trade an understand many of the difficulties in what I'm proposing but I believe it would be possible to have enough NPC/AI units operating to give a more realistic feeling of traffic, so as to make the experience better and  make us observe road-craft much more.

Now I admit I dont know the specifics of how ETS2 works ... what export functions are available etc ... but my logic goes like this.

Each server has a client limit... a limit beyond which the experience ( lagging etc ) becomes intolerable.... Ive seen one server with over 4000 on it and whilst in some areas the experience was fine in others the lagg simply made the sim ... unplayable.
Anyway what if it was decided to limit a server to 4000 but allow only 3000 client connections and  allow a maximum 1000 AI/NPC units to be spawned at any one time .... NPC units activated only in areas where the ratio of  'client activity' to 'area' was below a certain level. This would mean that a client may encounter NPC traffic whilst away from the centres of Client activity, which would add greatly to the experience and the need to remain focused all the time. 

Of course NPC spawns would only 'exist' whilst within an interactive range of a client unit and so once out side that range would de-spawn so as to allow another to be activated else where.... 

I feel that even if a small number of AI/NPC  units were spawned the effect on client driver behaviour would be changed dramatically and add to the realism and enjoyment and therefore the success of the Mod.

Perhaps an opinion poll  amongst MP-Truckers might point the way . 
Like a question  - If limiting server numbers to a no-lagg level which would accommodate some AI units would be desirable? 

Any just a thought ... I know it would make my experience so much better.

Duncan 

• True Story 1

Hello Dear @Rockhaggis

First of all thank you for sharing your suggestion with us. It is better to follow the required format when sharing a suggestion. 

Please follow this format:

Suggestion Name: 

Suggestion Description:

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?

I suggest you look here: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/announcement/73-suggestion-format/

Please update your suggestion soon or it will be rejected.

Thank you for your understanding :wub:

Hello Dear @Rockhaggis

First of all thank you for creating a suggestion, but because you do not comply with the suggestion format, I lock this suggestion and move it to the Rejected section. Please, if you want to create a suggestion, you must first comply with the format and you should tell the complete details in full detail of your suggestion.Thank you for your understanding.

You can open a suggestion by obeying the format again.

If you have any question, do not be afraid to contact me. :wub:

//Rejected.