Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Players that don't have a trailer attached to their truck should be automatically kicked from servers after 15 minutes

Suggestion Name: Players that don't have a trailer attached to their truck should be automatically kicked from servers after 15 minutes

Suggestion Description: Players without a trailer attached to their truck will be detected by the game and after 10 minutes and 14 minutes without a trailer they will receive a warning to attach a trailer. After 15 minutes without a trailer attached to their truck they will be kicked.

Any example images: no

Why should it be added?: The most people driving a truck without a trailer are trolls or drive reckless. My suggested automated kick would make the roads in tmp a bit safer.

Further explanation: Players that are often using the freight market or do external jobs would be negatively affected by the suggested kick against players without a trailer. But I think their percentage in the playership will be low after the 1.35 update when you can do external jobs with your own trailer. Also 15 minutes should be enough time to attach a new trailer.                                                           

My suggestion hasn't anything to do with cars or caravans and shouldn't affect eu4.

• 2 months later...

Hi ayrancoia and thanks for your suggestion.

Unfortunately we have decided not to accept this suggestion. There generally isn't a reasonable relationship between players without trailers and those trolling. For players looking for a more realistic approach to their jobs (In that they drive between each city to start their next job), 15 minutes may not be enough time and as such, they would end up being kicked when they were actually on their way to pick up another job in another city that wasn't within a 15 minute drive. Furthermore, an auto kick would not really be useful even if there was a relationship between players without trailers and trolls, as they could easily just restart and reconnect to the game for another 15 minutes, it wouldn't act as a proper deterrent for the real trolls.

Of course, if you do come across any people trolling and breaking the rules at all in our game servers, feel free to create a report in game through the tab menu or through our website at https://truckersmp.com/reports.

For the reasons detailed above, I will be rejecting this. However, thanks again for your suggestion.

Moved to Rejected.

• Like 1