Road to the Black Sea - New Map DLC

Leon Baker

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Marc [NL] said:

Great to see, now they can make their own C-D road in Turkey so we can drive in a safe way to Callais.

V3R5AMI.gif?noredirect

Future Istambul - Terkidag  (?), Kumbag( ?) (Are great port). Only time will respond.

As the map expands, in theory the density decreases in the Duisburg-Calais. But the definitive solution comes with an expansion of the map scale for the BE-NE-LUX group countries. With more cities and roads. How much only drags with the police patrol will be equated. Something that the current Lobby of moderators does not want, lose the privilege of being UNIQUES to drive police cars. How is a police / moderator coverage? I've already had an alternative idea to get patrolmen. Lobby rejects, of course.

Although it's great to see new map expansions, I find it rather strange, they come up with this selection of counties. This region will feel really disconnected from the rest of the map considering it borders only south east Hungary, and even that is part of Going East DLC.

Going, say, from Варна to Napoli is going to be interesting.

Glad to see a new map expansion. However, I wish SCS would take a step back and bring the rest of ETS2's Europe up to standard with the DLC areas. I know Germany is getting revamped, but west of Germany and the UK needs to be wiped out and completely redone as well.

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

9 minutes ago, JeffSFC said:

Glad to see a new map expansion. However, I wish SCS would take a step back and bring the rest of ETS2's Europe up to standard with the DLC areas. I know Germany is getting revamped, but west of Germany and the UK needs to be wiped out and completely redone as well.

Everything made before "Viva la France" needs to be redone, it looks exactly the same everywhere, with the only exception that we drive on the left side of the road in the UK. Even in Scandinavia DLC, there are still those same old ramp prefabs reused from the base map, fit maybe for bicycles.

^ I'm afraid there won't be any Ankara for you... :/

We are happy to confirm that this new addition will bring the countries of Romania, Bulgaria, and the European part of Turkey (Thrace) to ETS2. (From the SCS blog entry).

They are not going further than Instanbul, at least for now. It'd be great if they continued to map whole Turkey, but I guess the fact that from Instanbul to the East it is considered Asia doesn't fit the name of this game at all.

Usually findable between Western Germany and Denmark.

percent_0

2 hours ago, plinio_lisboa said:

As the map expands, in theory the density decreases in the Duisburg-Calais. But the definitive solution comes with an expansion of the map scale for the BE-NE-LUX group countries. With more cities and roads. How much only drags with the police patrol will be equated. Something that the current Lobby of moderators does not want, lose the privilege of being UNIQUES to drive police cars. How is a police / moderator coverage? I've already had an alternative idea to get patrolmen. Lobby rejects, of course.

If I'm understanding this right, the moderators don't drive around as the police cars looking for rule breakers, they'll just park somewhere and go through the reports menu.  Map size or distance doesn't matter when they can just review the footage and make their decision.

4 hours ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

This is the flaw in TMP.

Moderators should exist in 2 categories: patrolmen with defined stretches of routes to be done, and flow moderators or sheriffs. These would be to inspect the reports, map density and trigger patrollers to areas that gave density.
Patrolmen could have base at fuel stations. Always in pairs. One takes care of the snippet in one direction of counterfeit the other in the opposite way.
Your patrol job would be to record and give little bans of minutes. The player would know not to enter or try to access. These warnings do not count for history. But serious things, yes.
The mere presence of a patrolling moderator inhibits a lot.
It would discourage moderators because it would reduce crime flows, so to speak.
Simple idea and would solve very CALAIS-DUISBURG for example.

Ps:

You understood correctly. thankful.

I'm excited for more roads to drive on, of course, but am extremely disappointed in the area selected. It's so random! I had the same complaint with Italy, and the Baltics. It's as if you have to dedicate time to go to those countries since they're out on their own, with no real connections back to the mainland. The Baltics aren't as bad for it, but Italy, and now Road to the Black Sea are just so difficult to get to/from. 

The logical decision, in my opinion, would've been to do the countries at the Adriatic Sea, going down to Greece, before doing the Road to the Black Sea.

ioJopO8.jpg

5 hours ago, plinio_lisboa said:

This is the flaw in TMP.

Moderators should exist in 2 categories: patrolmen with defined stretches of routes to be done, and flow moderators or sheriffs. These would be to inspect the reports, map density and trigger patrollers to areas that gave density.
Patrolmen could have base at fuel stations. Always in pairs. One takes care of the snippet in one direction of counterfeit the other in the opposite way.
Your patrol job would be to record and give little bans of minutes. The player would know not to enter or try to access. These warnings do not count for history. But serious things, yes.
The mere presence of a patrolling moderator inhibits a lot.
It would discourage moderators because it would reduce crime flows, so to speak.
Simple idea and would solve very CALAIS-DUISBURG for example.

This wouldn't do anything useful.  Moderators can deal with far more rule breaking players through the report menu than they could just by driving around a certain area.  A mod driving C-D in a cop car would be dealing with far less trolls than one of the mods flying around in the free cam.

3 hours ago, LordBenji said:

I was a little bit upset when they didn't include the western part of Balkan, but I'm still happy they included down to the European side of Turkey. That's going to be interesting to explore. :) 

I agree.

It is a great mistake not to have countries in the Yugoslavia region.
They are countries with connections to Italy by ferry: Croatia, Montengro and Albania, in Greece.
It was very strange for the DLC, not fluent. In theory, being in Romania will be an advantage in DLC: Number of cities, highways.
It will be tiring: Sassari- Palermo / Naples, whatever, Austria, Hungary ... Romania to reach Istanbul.
This DLC is without notion, ever made.
All others have logic, easy fluency.
There are people confusing online garage buying tool with teleportation with charge.
That does not exist.
If it exists, it will be another design error in the DLC.
It has already excluded the part that would give fluid traffic with Italy, which is the countries of Yugoslavia.
I'm going to buy .... but? But it's a very, very bad project.
Thracia should be grand finale.
They understand. To be the first DLC of Asia Truck - ASIATIC TURKEY with Ankara.
Then the "weather" mystery about the STRAIT BOSFORO broke.
And erased that desire what has ... after Ankara, what is there?
Every DLC is useful. But that already makes me lose a desire well before sales.
Let's see a DUSIBURG-Calais between ISTANBUL-BURGAS?

Question that nobody did: the Turks will descend from DUISBURG-CALAIS ... how will it be a new second full point will be INSTAMBUL-BURGAS? This DLC will give a lot of "trecta" (PROBLEMS) in this multiplayer ...
Wait for little friends ... the magic to happen.

I want to be away! You know more north point on the map there I will be.

:mlg_doge:iOi

-----------------------

TheCreepyTruckr.

OK.OK, if you say so. I trust. Case closed. But current system without patrollers is not realistic.

Can't wait to see Romania, because it's my country, it won't be boring because we don't have too many highways:D. The Hungarian border is in the Transylvania region of the country, so to get in Bulgaria and Turkey you will need to get to Wallachia which is the Southern region of Romania, and to get there you either have to go on the Transfagarasan road which I don't know if it will exist because trucks aren't allowed there irl, though you can get there through the Valea Oltului (Olt Valley) road which is one of the most driven roads in Romania and it is a road along a river with mountains in both sides, but it only has two lanes and crashes happen there everyday because of stupid drivers, and it will be like that in the game as well. Anyway, my question is if we must buy the Going East DLC to access that area, I'll buy it if i need to but I'm just wondering if we have to.

Archived