Recording

pacmanarea51

Hello TMP community!

I have a little question to you all:

Do you record your gameplay? And if so, what capturing software do you use and for what purpose you record?

I started recording with OBS ever since I realized in-game reports rarely get resolved, I needed to have something to prove someone broke the rules. That lead to me recording gameplay footage for a Youtube series which eventually fell through because I was lazy :P

I'd be interested in seeing how many people actually record in-game on multiplayer

Happy Trucking,

Pacmanarea51

If you've got a compatible NVIDIA video card, shadowplay's your best bet.

I haven't played for a while, but I previously recorded all of my journeys.

Primarily, this was for verification that I didn't ram anyone as I used to lag rather badly. 

I was quite worried that I'd lag into someone and get banned illegitimately - Recording saved me, once.

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

17 minutes ago, [VIVA] TruckerJ said:

Hi mate, 

Could you give me a link, please?

It's included in every driver release when installed. Latest driver version is 19.4.3 as of the time of writing.

When the driver has been installed the software will give you the option to install Relive or not and then to restart your pc.

https://www.amd.com/en/support

To answer the OP question I also use AMD's Relive software for recording and it's specifically used for reports and footage is uploaded to my YouTube channel.  I used to dabble with Plays.tv but found their software to be....troublesome.

Nvidia Shadowplay.

Not only do I record people hitting me, I also record instances where people get way too close to the rear of my truck and my internet spikes for 0.01 of a second or when I go around a corner and my ping spikes, causing someone to get hit when its not my fault.

Also (even though somewhat off topic), I really wish people would stop saying "fix your lag". I live in the USA (Its right in my tag!). 100ms ping to the EU2 server is the absolute best I can get, on a perfect day. Any higher ping than 100ms is caused by the server or other people on my network.

At the moment, I have the Game DVR feature in Windows 10 turned on and that's what I use to record for short clips. It's very similar to AMD ReLive & NVIDIA ShadowPlay but I haven't found any issues with Windows 10 Game DVR since I started used it so I've stuck to it :P

If I'm planning to record something longer in length, I will most likely use OBS. Really lightweight and easy to use. 

yo

6 hours ago, Xiao Zhang said:

You can use the Bandicam recording screen:wub:

Haha, true!

Perhaps dig up Unregistered Hypercam 2 and add some Trance - 009 Sound System Dreamscape to along with it ;)

14 hours ago, Elias said:

I record my Gameplay but i use AMD's "ReLive".

It saves the last 2 Minutes when i press ALT + F10 (behaves like shadowplay)

Oh, that sounds interesting, lack of storage space can become an issue after a busy week of trucking, this sounds like a way to fix that, thank you for the suggestion!

^A 2 minute clip can be around the 600mb - 700mb size and be of pretty good quality (When I record in 2560x1080 so i'm assuming people on here will be gaming in 1920x1080 so that file size should be a tad lower, probably around the 500mb range.)

1 hour ago, pacmanarea51 said:

Oh, that sounds interesting, lack of storage space can become an issue after a busy week of trucking, this sounds like a way to fix that, thank you for the suggestion!

47 minutes ago, [ST-LH] The Englishman said:

^A 2 minute clip can be around the 600mb - 700mb size and be of pretty good quality (When I record in 2560x1080 so i'm assuming people on here will be gaming in 1920x1080 so that file size should be a tad lower, probably around the 500mb range.)

exactly, its way better than recording the whole time.

On 5/9/2019 at 3:54 PM, Mirrland said:

If you've got a compatible NVIDIA video card, shadowplay's your best bet.

I haven't played for a while, but I previously recorded all of my journeys.

Primarily, this was for verification that I didn't ram anyone as I used to lag rather badly. 

I was quite worried that I'd lag into someone and get banned illegitimately - Recording saved me, once.

I agree shadowplay is nice and easy!

8DNR455.png.869e61a16669ab6e07db46102f6c9a56.png

8DNR455cali.png.0211d30eb8126a677c9256a883154e59.png

Archived