If you were a high level manager, what would be your first step?

Ryotaink

I think if i would be a Manager, i would try to change Ban System because it's very tiring job for our game Moderators. I mean when they ban someone they have to add some proof, if the player appeals they have to take care of it... It would be my first step but i should think what would i do on the second :):kappa:

King Regards           

TruckersMP Translation Team

123.PNG

Ryotaink

If I would be a manager, which I have been, I would just do whatever is in my job description. Most of our managers have no permission to just change stuff around, like you're saying you would change the ban system as it would be very tiring for Game Moderators. 

As a Game Moderator, I can say it's not really tiring if you have the motivation to do the job you signed up for. If you don't have the motivation, it could be very hard to reach your goals. Therefore if that's the case, it's better to switch teams, instead of changing the whole system when you're a Manager.

I recommend reading out this topic below, as it'll explain you roughly what our Managers do within Upper Staff.

Sincerely,

Pillow

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

5 hours ago, Ryotaink said:

Eu acho que se eu fosse um gerente, eu tentaria mudar o Ban System porque é um trabalho muito cansativo para os moderadores do jogo. Quero dizer, quando eles banirem alguém, eles têm que adicionar alguma prova, se o jogador apelar, eles têm que cuidar disso ... Seria o meu primeiro passo, mas eu deveria pensar o que eu faria no segundo. :): kappa:

I would do 3 things.
1 ° change the banishment systems:
It would start by changing from 6 punishments to 7 punishments the player's banishing point.
And I have a legal basis for that.
No justice works with even numbers for punishments.
In theory, the banning of TMP is the equivalent of the judiciary. The moderator is the judge.
Both judges and moderators are flawed, both are human.
But it is possible to improve by always striving to be more just.
By tradition and logic one always uses odd numbers, so that justice is impartial.
 Just like popular juris has odd numbers of citizens, to avoid draws. The same can happen in TMP. A player may suffer 3 unfair, and 3 righteous ban. You have a theoretical and practical system in TMP that is unfair and wrong. Built without the legal care it should have at the root of the whole structure.
7 bans, the player can suffer 3 unfair bans or 3 fair bans. Then you gave it an extra chance. Maybe in the 7th case the player is innocent, then you will do real justice. Maybe the player missed ... really! You will have 4 fair ban. Maybe it has 4 unfair banns, the last chance to reverse one to injustice.
This is the 1st point I would change.
The 2nd point would create the 7 ban rule is annual, such as driver's license. You committed 6 bans in the year 2020, then you start 2021, with opponent reset.
Only serious crimes count permanently on a scale of 7 cases. THERE IS NO 8TH SERIOUS CASE. THE DEFINITIVE BANIMENT IN THE 7TH CASE JUDGED.
3rd Point would change the system of appeal and notification.
One player denounced another.
Player is notified to present defense, BEFORE MODERATOR Judge. Existing term ... 3 days.
Presented the defense that can include the video of the whistleblower as proof of defense, and present its version.
The moderator has 72 hours for the verdict.
4th Verdict must follow rules.
Include the time in the infringement related video and the TMP rules article.
Today moderadore only use the TMP code, without legally presenting in which part of the "proof" in the process is the offense.
This would have real legal value. Today there is not. There is no such rigor.
Just know that there are banners banning without evidence.
Others unable to present which part of the video is the offense.
This from the margin to chases with players.
Especially verdicts without videos, verdicts that only present video and article, without specifying which moments relate to which crime.
Why could the video of the accuser be used as evidence of defense?
The universal basic principle of ample defense is not contemplated.
This includes using evidence from the accuser and even arguments.
Not every player who knows how to operate or has a video app.
So the current rule is FUNDAMNALLY, unfair to the player RÉU, who allegedly violated the "TMP RULES". Today no player with debanimento process ... has that right. The TMP RU is WELL FAVORED in this regard. DOES NOT COMPLY WITH THIS AMPLE DEFENSE EUROPEAN CHARACTER. It is more for the legal system of typical EXCESSION OF SOME DITADURAS, on the edge of the MEDITERRANEAN, outside of EUROPE and ALÉM MARES.
It would follow appeal to the superior above the Moderator as fundamental right.
(3 hours, 7 days, 12 days), Warnings  (15 minutes,  30 minutes,1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours, 3 days, 7days ,12 days).

The second thing, I would seek to implement, tools that stimulate the solidarity and bond between players. In this case there is no greater example than helping another player get out of the quagmire of roadsides, ditches, etc. This is squeal. In this sense it would create an update in the CODE of rules, until the tool available to the community. As a transitional phase, it would allow today the rescue by road if it meets established criteria.
 Rescue of trailers or trucks that are stuck in the guar rail in accesses or cars in the grassy area of accesses would be exceptional cases of non-banishment as long as some criteria were followed:

- 1 or 2 truck signaling access entrance.
- At least 1 truck assisting the rescue or in the case of cars may be cars rescuing the bumpy driver.
This would not apply to lorries, cars or trailers lying on the runway or wheeled into the air.

3rd thing would implement a police service in the game with selected players, exclusively for patrol.
There would be:
Game moderators: Take care of the server.
Famous moderators that everyone shouts "ban 0000200", things like that.
Patrol moderators: Your job is to manage a certain number of highways on your turn. You can use a police car.
Patrol Moderator: Players who pass TMP course and contest and their history is evaluated. Banishing deducts points.
You can not have serious bans on the profile.
The function of the patrolman is basically to identify infractions on the highways, to ban trolls, rammers, and others. They can bribe offending player,

Do you remember the warnings?
Yes you could apply the warnings for 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour.
The patroller moderator would have an interface that would allow you to know of warnings issued to the offending player. So one player who committed a 15-minute warning, and returned to the game committing an offense in the warning category, the patrolman can only issue banning above, 30 minutes, then another warning? 1 hour.
A player with 4 warnings obliges the patroller to automatically punish for 3 hours.
 5th warning the patrolman punishes with 6 hours.
6th warning the patrolman punishes with 12 hours.

This history is permanent for the month.
 Attained the 7th warning the patrol reports to the moderator
he applies punishment of 3 days, 8th warning 7 days, 9th warning 12 days.

It is important to say that patrolman has a definite stretch of highway, would always operate in double. 2 cars per stretch. And each patrolman would have a number of hours for his routine.
The patrol moderator could transfer patrolmen into his command zone.
The zoning would be this:
Scandinavia
UK.
BENELUX
France
Italy
Germany + Alps (Switzerland, Austria)
Baltics
Poland
Visegrad (Republic CZECH REPUBLIC, SLOVAKIA, HUNGARY.

The end

Having worked as a high ranking staff member in another gaming community I can tell you that these things are not as easy as they might seem. Every organisation has its own vision and ideas on how it should be run and what it is they stand for. TruckersMP is no different. Even if you do make it to one of the higher positions in the community where you'd be able to have some influence, making actual concrete change can be rather challenging.

If you do want to change something as important as, say, the way the community deals with reports, it's important that you're able to appropriately explain where exactly the community is failing right now, and provide an alternative method that can improve on this. I'd also recommend that you have experience in being part of and - preferably - managing teams and staff members. It can be incredibly easy to say "X should be different" but if you have no knowledge of how these things work your words become meaningless.

TL;DR: If you want to change something, you have to work for it. And once you do get to that manager position you speak so highly of, there's a high propability that the changes you had in mind turn out to not be such good ideas after all.

Being a manager isn't as simple as most people in here think it to be. When you get promoted to the role of manager, it does not mean that you will be able to make critical changes for the punishment system, recruit plenty of new Game Mods or add a support for all the community-made modifications. If you become a Support Manager, for example, you will only focus on the Support team and you will have nothing to do with the punishment system, for example. Among with all the other duties that managers of TruckersMP have, sometimes they simply don't have time to think about the possible new changes. If I ever would be a manager again (which is more than just very unlikely), I'd just do my duties as well as I could and ensure that everyone in my team is feeling comfortable and doing their best to offer as good multiplayer modification for the community as possible.

So basically, if you really wish to do any changes for the punishment system, you'd either need to be a Game Manager or Project Manager. And of course, Game Managers are doing their best to offer as great punishment system as possible. However, since everyone has a different opinion about the "perfect punishment system", making critical changes for it takes a lot of time and effort while they have plenty of other stuff to do as well (such as answering all the feedback tickets regarding to the Game Moderation team). Everyone's doing their best at the moment to offer as great multiplayer modification as possible. Just wanted to point out being a manager doesn't mean you will have an access everywhere. Anyway, that's why we all can share our suggestions in order we get new ideas how this project could be improved. 

I'm not trying to say that managers can't share their idea. Of course the managers have more opportunities (= more than a normal staff member) to share their ideas, but just wanting to point out they can't do whatever they want to. But just for now, I hope that everyone's having a wonderful day! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello There;

As your topic has been inactive for over 14 days, we are archiving your topic. Due to the fact our forums are a busy place, we archive topics that are inactive for 2 weeks to help keep just those topics that are truly active for our community.

If you have any further questions or comments, or wish for your topic to be unarchived don't be afraid to contact me.  :wub:

//Moved to Archive

Archived