How many times are you hit during a transport?

I bought 2 dlc and now i understand why some people have a low average: almost empty road and correct drivers. It seems that the trolls are less.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost never exept i come close to duisburg/calais. And by close i mean the entire Region of West Germany/Luxembourg/Netherlands.

You can do a sicilia/st. petersburg tour and you wont come across one single player who is behaving himself like 50% of the people who are just playing Need for Speed with Trucks at Calais/Duisburg.

I think you are right. I'm playing on Italy dlc now and i was not hit for now. As i said, less people and much more educated :).

So far I've been hit only once. 

But maybe it's because I mainly drive on EU3 (EU2 only in late hours, when I can see there are just around 2.000 people). Additionally I don't go to or near C-D road. 

What I face all the time is that people behind me try to put pressure on me because I follow speed limits with the cruise control and stop at red lights. So they usually come quite close and honk at me all the time. 

1 hour ago, Noctua said:

So they usually come quite close and honk at me all the time. 

I know this story. It happens every time.

But we can stand :lol:!

Besides other people, I feel like this also depends on your own drivestyle. I rather drive defensive just that I know others don't.

Is not a my style problem; look this for example:

I'm talking about these crashes and you can't do nothing.  I drive usually safe and respecting speed limit, road rules, ecc...

Anyway, dlc's roads are more safe than vanilla game. No more incident here.

I tried again on a normal road and crashes again (but this time i'm guilty too :wacko:).

Ps:

Hallo Catala :D

16 hours ago, Averazon said:

Besides other people, I feel like this also depends on your own drivestyle. I rather drive defensive just that I know others don't.

I would honestly disagree with you, no matter if you drive at the speed limits or drive at your own pace, there are many circumstances where a crash is unavoidable, yes flipping going around a bend or colliding with someone because you’re either going too fast or not paying attention is your own fault, I give you that, but the vast majority of crashes that happen in areas such as C-D are caused by other people’s bad choices.

i mean, literally a few days ago I had someone ram me head on along C-D and try to blame me when I was 110% in my own lane doing about 65mph with them barrelling at me unloaded. 

So saying, “oh it also depends on your own driving style” is a completely false statement, like I said, certain incidents are classed your fault, but the vast majority are out of your control, especially with trolls and seemingly drunk drivers around, it’s why if someone wants to play chicken with me on my side of the road, I’ll play it and not move off the centre of the lane because I’m in the right.

As I've said before, the biggest reason people have crashes is because they either mostly, or exclusively play in areas where large numbers of bad drivers and trolls exist like the areas around Calais and Duisburg. The past two days, I've done a long split drive from Bergen (Norway) all the way to Rome (Italy) without a single impact from myself or anyone else. Driving sensibly, and away from all the chaos means your chances of being hit are dramatically reduced to the point where it's almost non-existent. Norway and Sweden are probably one of the busier areas outside the C-D area, and even there I've rarely ever been hit.

It's pretty much all about where you go, and how you drive.

6 hours ago, McclaudEagle said:

As I've said before, the biggest reason people have crashes is because they either mostly, or exclusively play in areas where large numbers of bad drivers and trolls exist like the areas around Calais and Duisburg.

I disagree with that statement.  While C-D road is where I'll typically see the most unskilled of drivers causing crashes, the empty areas of the map are often where I encounter dedicated trolls trying to wreck other players.  In the past week I've been hit more trying to drive around in Finland than I have from traffic on the C-D route.

About once every 10 jobs. I usually try to avoid accidents by predicting, what other drivers might going to do. I drive next to the shoulder on the highway and on the country roads I sometimes drive on the dirt, it saved me many times, especially when the truck came from the corner driving at top speed, like on C-D route. When overtaking or taking corners, I try to give people as much space as possible, I try to use blinkers as soon as possible and I am slowing down gradually, to alert them.

On 5/30/2019 at 12:15 PM, megadethsteve666 said:

So saying, “oh it also depends on your own driving style” is a completely false statement, like I said, certain incidents are classed your fault, but the vast majority are out of your control, especially with trolls and seemingly drunk drivers around, it’s why if someone wants to play chicken with me on my side of the road, I’ll play it and not move off the centre of the lane because I’m in the right.

People like you cause real accidents, I watch dash cam videos on youtube. Yes, you have the right of way, but that does not mean, you have to be a jerk about it. Just a little courtesy and many accident could have been easily avoided. Like, when you have the green light, you still have to watch out. Just today, I was turning left on 2 way street and the other truck turning left passed me and went into my lane, even-though I gave him a lot of space. I kept a watch on him, so I managed to stop in time.

49 minutes ago, TairikuOkami[SK] said:

About once every 10 jobs. I usually try to avoid accidents by predicting, what other drivers might going to do. I drive next to the shoulder on the highway and on the country roads I sometimes drive on the dirt, it saved me many times, especially when the truck came from the corner driving at top speed, like on C-D route. When overtaking or taking corners, I try to give people as much space as possible, I try to use blinkers as soon as possible and I am slowing down gradually, to alert them.

People like you cause real accidents, I watch dash cam videos on youtube. Yes, you have the right of way, but that does not mean, you have to be a jerk about it. Just a little courtesy and many accident could have been easily avoided. Like, when you have the green light, you still have to watch out. Just today, I was turning left on 2 way street and the other truck turning left passed me and went into my lane, even-though I gave him a lot of space. I kept a watch on him, so I managed to stop in time.

Dude I’m not talking about traffic lights, hell, even when I have a green I watch for cross traffic and oncoming, it’s stupid to cut someone off just to save yourself 10 seconds. I’m talking about those on roads like C-D who feel it necessary to pass if someone isn’t doing 90MPH everywhere like them, those people I won’t give an inch for because why should I be courteous to someone who can’t do so in return.

Im the driver who will happily cruise behind someone who is doing 37mph all the way from Lille to Düsseldorf if I have to and if someone wants to pass me nicely, I’ll happily move over, tap the brakes and let them pass, same with someone oncoming, if I can see they’re passing and someone won’t let them back in line, I’ll move over and give the pm a trucks width to get through.

saying oh, “people like you cause accidents” is a subjective statement, I mean, I could say that about you when you talk about your driving habits, but when faced with physically seeing someone’s actions, that’s when you can make a statement like that, especially correlating 2 different scenarios and trying to match them together, that’s like trying to add together 4+4 and making 44.

I agree with Megadeth: on vanilla game you can drive safe how you want but often is useless.

Watch the previous video.

Or:

I try everytime to avoid incident, i look behind, i leave space when someone is overtaking me but people want just destroy your game.

In dlc the problem disappears: people are funny and respectful. Every incident is just a mistake.

It’s not just in the “normal” areas such as C-D and surrounding cities, I was all the way over in Leipzig, east Germany where it’s typically quiet and still got trolled by 2 people in trucks, although the one that rammed me ended up flipped on the centre guardrail and the other played chicken with me and broke their truck while I stayed on all my wheels, barely, and could /fix because I had a trailer and load.

Its not about how you drive or where you drive, it’s the mindset of other people, you get those who let you out of junctions and pass you in a safe manner and flash their hazards in appreciation, then there’s those who’s only goal is to be a nuisance and drive as if they own every square inch of the road. 

Although funniest thing ive ever seen was someone having a go at me for apparently not letting them pass me on a blind hill while I’m doing 40-50MPH after getting fuel, subsequently they decide to pass me on a sharp turn with oncoming traffic, rammed the oncoming and nearly flipped me and themselves over, then have the cheek to trollin chat afterwards, only to find less than a minute later they’re banned for a week, justice served. 

0 times in travel of +1000 km average.

Languages: ?? | ??

انجمن فارسی

قوانین استخدام | پشتیبانی | بازخورد | مشاهده اعضای تیم | راهنما | سیستم پایگاه دانش | پیشنهادات

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides Suggestions
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Personal contact info:

YouTube | Twitch | Discord |
“You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” —Michael Jordan

Archived