thiagochawps

Question

Hello, I need some help here:

All my trucks are very slow. Sometimes I can't go faster than 90 km/h and some other times I can't go faster than 97 km/h, like if it was my speed limit. Only on a few times I can go faster than 97 km/h, but now my maximum speed seems like 120 km/h instead of the 150 km/h, what it should be on Europe 2. This occurs with all of my trucks: DAF, MAN, VOLVO, SCANIA, RENAULT.

The "speed limit option" on menu is alredy unchecked. I've alredy tried to modify the "config" file on Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2 (put uset g_use_speed_limiter "1" to uset g_use_speed_limiter "0") but nothing works. Even the "speed limit option" on ETS2MP is unchecked, but I'm still slow. (and I'm not talking about World Of Trucks loads, which speed limit is 90 km/h)

It seems like on ETS2 Offline the problem doesn't occurs.

Anyone can help me?

9 answers to this question

Hello @thiagochawps,

Let me explain to you how speed limit works on TruckersMP.

EU1
If you're on EU1 there's the speed limit 60km/h in the city and 110km/h outside the city.

EU2/3/4

Now about EU2, EU3, and EU4. First of all, you need to turn off Speed Limit in GamePlay settings of the game and in TAB settings. If you drive in the city your speed limit will be 80km/h but just when you go outside the city you'll be able to drive with the speed limit 150km/h.

It also depends on your cargo. If you take cargo from External Contracts your speed limit will be 90km/h everywhere out of the city but if you take any other type of cargo you'll be able to drive 150km/h outside the city.

If you want to drive faster than 90km/h go outside the city with Volvo 2x4, 6 gears and 750hp, so you can test the speed freely there but be careful and don't ram anyone due to high speed ;) 

Kind Regards,

BL4CK$K1LL
Support

Is it possible for you to record the video of what's happening when you reach those speeds?

Any trucks should be able to reach well over 90 km/h without any trailers behind. I also assume you know about the speed limit of 80 km/h in the city zones. Since you've mentioned that both ETS 2 and TMP speed limiter are off, and that you're not using WoT contracts, that doesn't leave much options...

By any luck, what kind of controller setup do you have? What is your transmission settings? Optionally, you can send the game.log.txt file (even though I doubt there could be any clues but who knows.)

KkdaC1b.png

11 hours ago, BL4CK$K1LL said:

Hello @thiagochawps,

Let me explain to you how speed limit works on TruckersMP.

EU1
If you're on EU1 there's the speed limit 60km/h in the city and 110km/h outside the city.

EU2/3/4

Now about EU2, EU3, and EU4. First of all, you need to turn off Speed Limit in GamePlay settings of the game and in TAB settings. If you drive in the city your speed limit will be 80km/h but just when you go outside the city you'll be able to drive with the speed limit 150km/h.

It also depends on your cargo. If you take cargo from External Contracts your speed limit will be 90km/h everywhere out of the city but if you take any other type of cargo you'll be able to drive 150km/h outside the city.

If you want to drive faster than 90km/h go outside the city with Volvo 2x4, 6 gears and 750hp, so you can test the speed freely there but be careful and don't ram anyone due to high speed ;) 

Kind Regards,

BL4CK$K1LL
Support

I know this. I like to use the Scania 750 hp and even outside the cities the problem still occurs.

14 hours ago, LordBenji said:

Is it possible for you to record the video of what's happening when you reach those speeds?

Any trucks should be able to reach well over 90 km/h without any trailers behind. I also assume you know about the speed limit of 80 km/h in the city zones. Since you've mentioned that both ETS 2 and TMP speed limiter are off, and that you're not using WoT contracts, that doesn't leave much options...

By any luck, what kind of controller setup do you have? What is your transmission settings? Optionally, you can send the game.log.txt file (even though I doubt there could be any clues but who knows.)

Vídeo 1: Normal speed: Look that here I can reach +140 km/h with no problem

Vídeo 2: Speed problem that I have: Look that I can't go faster than 125 km/h

I'm using mouse and keyboard. My transmission settings are "Simple Automatic" and "adaptive automatic transmission" is unactivated.

Here's the game log file.

game.log.txt

That really leaves me scratching my head to be honest. I'm going to assume it is the same truck and the same trailer. You should also know that the heavier the trailer, the slower it is. And going uphill will slow you down while going downhill should increase the speed.

I'd be curious to see if you can reach higher speed when going downhill. There are roads with downhills like the one between Rotterdam and Amsterdam (A4), another one north of Swansea (A483), and one of the steepest is the small middle road (E134) from Oslo going to Stavanger. If your truck and trailer cannot go over 125 km/h in one of these, then there is obviously something wrong... (I can reach 130-140 km/h with a Renault and trailer)

KkdaC1b.png

Hello There!

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.
Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.
If you still have any questions about this, feel free to DM me or our support team members, we will open this again.
Thanks to all for participation!

//Locked and Moved to Inactive

Hello there,

I am going to move your topic to Unsolved, because it has been inactive for another 2 days. 

Thank you all for participation! 

~Have a great day! 

//Moved to Unsolved