Tweaking the ban system for minor bans

Suggestion Name:               Tweaking the ban system for minor bans

Suggestion Description:     The bans that are issued at the Game Moderators discretion (below 1 month), could be changed from starting immediately and being banned until  a certain date

to being banned for a set amount of days and starting as soon as the player tries to log into any TMP server.

Any example images:         No

Why should it be added?:  I think the bans have the purpose to educate players when they have done something wrong and give them some time to realize their mistake.

Unfortunately, there are some scenarios where the ban can easily fail to have its educational purpose.

For example, if a player is playing pretty casually - let's say every 2-3 weeks - it is possible for him to be totally unaware that a ban has been issued.

Even getting notified about bans, that have no real impact on playing as they are in a time where player isn't playing anyway, is unlikely to cause a change in behaviour.

This is just an idea to make sure the purpose of a ban is actually fulfilled. I don't know if the process of being banned in the mentioned scenario is completely correct as I have never been on the receiving end,

but it might at least be worth a discussion. Furthermore, I don't know if a change like that could easily or even at all be implemented.

I would just be glad to get some feedback - positive or negative - on this idea and if would be possible to implement.

• Upvote 3

I think you are spot on when you say, "[there are] ...some scenarios where the ban can easily fail to have its educational purpose." After being on this team for 4 years, that is 100% the case in my experience. Look at all the repeat offenders still out on the roads.

In theory, I think what you suggested would be a good system to have. If a player was banned, perhaps they receive an email saying that they need to log into the game and accept the rules again. Once they do that, the ban countdown timer starts and they can appeal their ban. Right now, the whole purpose of our ban appeal system is to give the users a chance to review the evidence and engage in discourse with the GM that banned them. Players with the right mindset should interpret the ban as a learning experience. A few do, but many others don't.

Technically speaking, I have no idea if this would be possible with our system. It could require a complete re-work of it.

Ultimately though, I don't know if a system like this would even have a meaningful impact on banned users. It's going to be up to them to interpret their actions as learning points.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

1 hour ago, JeffSFC said:

Technically speaking, I have no idea if this would be possible with our system. It could require a complete re-work of it.

Well,  a complete re-work would be a little much to ask for. Especially when it's not even sure that it would have that much of an effect on the learning process in most cases.

Like I said, this was just an idea and not one of those "this should be done"-type of suggestions.

In the end, every player has to realize that everyone is on the server to have fun and this can only be achieved by treating each other with respect.

I'm definitely grateful for the feedback.

You're right,but some players are playin full game in day.I think this will be unfair to them.In my opinion game moderators are detect one by one.

Sincerely

u'urhan

Alternative Links;

[ Feedback ] - [ Support ] - [ Recruitment ] - [ Appeal ] - [ Website ] 

My currently TruckersMP Rank

image.png.3412a88f353220c432af28d2399ef3bd.png

tr.png uk.png Screenshot_1.jpg
If you have a question or problem, you can contact staff from our system: https://truckersmp.com/support

76561198328766876.png

2 hours ago, MX-[Fan Tian] China.NO.1 said:

Some players are deliberately driving recklessly after being blocked once. When they feel angry after being blocked, they will want to continue driving recklessly. I do not agree with this notice.

While my suggestion is only a change to the way how bans are issued and not that they are issued, I see your point of inducing anger by putting in an additional hurdle before being able to play again.

So thanks for  taking your time and giving some feedback.

30 minutes ago, u'urhan said:

You're right,but some players are playin full game in day.I think this will be unfair to them.In my opinion game moderators are detect one by one.

I'll admit my mentioned scenario is pointed more towards the edge cases of casual players misbehaving. However, a possible change would not put regular players at a disadvantage,

as the bans would still be issued at the Game Modderators discretion. There is no thought of increased ban periods in this.

To be fair, there might be a loss of some time to play due to the notification of the ban reaching the player with a delay (e.g. while at work, while sleeping or while on vacation).

Following that, there would definitely be some things to be considered in addition to the suggestion - especially regarding to the last example.

Thanks for adding a different point of view to the discussion and taking your time to give some feedback.

22 minutes ago, WebOutlaw said:

I'll admit my mentioned scenario is pointed more towards the edge cases of casual players misbehaving. However, a possible change would not put regular players at a disadvantage,

as the bans would still be issued at the Game Modderators discretion. There is no thought of increased ban periods in this.

To be fair, there might be a loss of some time to play due to the notification of the ban reaching the player with a delay (e.g. while at work, while sleeping or while on vacation).

Following that, there would definitely be some things to be considered in addition to the suggestion - especially regarding to the last example.

Thanks for adding a different point of view to the discussion and taking your time to give some feedback.

I didn't fully understand what you mean, now I understand and you're right, thank you.

Sincerely ;

u'urhan

Alternative Links;

[ Feedback ] - [ Support ] - [ Recruitment ] - [ Appeal ] - [ Website ] 

My currently TruckersMP Rank

image.png.3412a88f353220c432af28d2399ef3bd.png

tr.png uk.png Screenshot_1.jpg
If you have a question or problem, you can contact staff from our system: https://truckersmp.com/support

76561198328766876.png

• 4 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.