Vive La France Corsica Addon?

Koneko

Hey Truckers!

Today the experimential beta for the 1.35 ets2 got released, with much new stuff like Schwarzmüller ownable, box liner doubles, Sardinia and much other stuff! I explored Sardinia a bit with the truck and over the freecam and found an easter egg which maybe announces the french island Corsica as free Addon for Vive La France! From my knowledge Corsica was planned like Sardinia but don't will get released in 1.35 how it looks like. Anyways I'm curious about SCS will make out of it, as everytime I will add some pictures and a video I made myself from the exact location.;)

So what your thoughts on that? Would y'all like to see Corsica? Let me know your opinions and thoughts about Corsica! :D

Pictures to improve y'all view on the topic!

The Shield in an ferry in Olbia:
ets2_20190503_150222_28jte.png

The Ferry in Olbia:
ets2_20190503_150236_8rjh5.png

The location and my theory about the Corsica connection:
corsicaxoj8m.png

The video about the easter egg location:

Great found over there once again! As Sardinia was a really positive surprise for me (SCS Software's mapping team really seems to have put a lot of effort into detailing that area), I'd definitely like to see the Corsica being added to the game in the future as well. I'll have to go to check that area myself as well to see if there are other signs about Corsica coming to Euro Truck Simulator 2, so thank you very much for pointing it out! However, it seems like that you looked that area pretty carefully already so I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to find anything new (will still go there though as I want to discover Sicily 100% anyway). 

Now, I'm jumping a little deeper into this topic. At the moment it indeed looks that Corsica really is joining to Euro Truck Simulator 2 - nothing is too sure and everything I say now is about IF Corsica is coming to Euro Truck Simulator 2. So, as the first thing I'm posting a screenshot about the possible ferry connections from Corsica to France and Italy (will explain more below the screenshot):

6683B827816EDF4CA9E14F0C6FB395A2D44697CC

Note: all the ferry connections that you can see on my screenshot are real and you can go to check them on Google Maps as well.

• That red ferry connection is most likely the one to come as based on the screenshots and video shown by @Koneko_ (thanks for them once again), SCS seems to be working on it already.
  • Those two orange ferry connections are the possible connections between Corsica and France (Ajaccio - Marseille, and Bastia - Nice). By the look of things in real life, it seems like that there aren't too many connections between Corsica and France, so those orange connections to already existing in-game cities (if you own the Vive la France DLC) are pretty potential ferry connections at this point. 
  • Finally, the green ferry connections that you can see on my screenshot are the possible ferry connections between Corsica and Italy. As Corsica is part of France, I don't really expect to see too many connections between it and Italy (other than the Corsica - Sicily one) myself. Anyway, if SCS decides to add more connections between Italy and Corsica, those green ones would be my guess. 
  • Of course there are plenty of other ferry connections between Corsica and other countries and islands in real life, but SCS isn't going to add all of them due to the map scaling issues. If you want to see all the real ferry connections between Corsica and other places, you can simply see them by pressing that "Google Maps" button under the screenshot I posted. 

Even though it's pretty likely that Corsica is coming to Euro Truck Simulator 2, there's always a pretty chance that it won't ever come for whatever reason. Corsica itself doesn't have many roads, but the landscape might be a little issue for skilled map editors as well. Anyway, as SCS has already added a few more 'difficult areas' as well, I don't think that Corsica would be a problem for them and I'm really expecting to see it at some point in the future. Under the following spoiler is a screenshot that shows the difficult landscape of Corsica - the screenshot is taken from one of the main roads of Corsica (T20):

Spoiler

5435591999DD527C66F0E39443916247D849F550

But just for now, I'm looking to hear others opinion about this subject as well - have a great day and happy trucking! :D

You have been in the town of SANTA TERESA di Gallura, north of the island of Sardinia.
Time video in 00:11 seconds, 00: 21 seconds.

AF1QipN0qwztd5wmNCPF8q1QsyT5Ne0Dkcl-w8Fk

Yes, there is a ferry to Bonifacio, south of the Island of Corsega.

You have visited Bonifacio, an important Corsican French city.

We will not see Corsica still on the map because of scale in order to have 3 large cities.
In fact the SARDINIA will have 4 or 5 cities.
With cities of: Nuoro, Oristano. Have you noticed?
Oristano will be playable, so loads have 4 cities.

It was added by feedback via twitter. Then we will not see her at all explandor and size, last minute thing. But necessary.

Maybe Bonifacio comes in at 1.35 but remote chance.
With everything is something we will see in 1.37 .... 1.38 surely.

MAP:

D5qzOF4W0AEw2LN.jpg

Corsega cities:
- Bonifácio - companies, ferry

Ferry:

* Santa Teresa Gallura

- Porto Vecchio - companies, ferry

Ferry:

* Livorno  * Napoli *  Marseille

- Ajaccio - companies, ferry

Ferry:

* Toulon. * Marseille * Porto Torres

- Bastia - companies, ferry

Ferry:

* Toulon. * Nice. * Marselha * Genova * Vado Ligure. * Livorno * Portoferraio.

- Calvi - Ferry

Ferry:

* Nice * Vado Ligure

- L 'Ille Rousse - Ferry

Ferry:

* Toulon. *Nice. * Vado Ligure

CORSIGA_MAP:

I agree to model the relief of Corsica will be difficult.

AF1QipM-onjqNMkhYIdXb838BAaCbNsURMVumi10
The southern half of Sicily is also complicated, it took a lot of work, but it would yield beautiful landscapes.

AF1QipNmdcY65Lp1hRIWcPfdsPpUHCQnWBCNUT4j

Although the driver can not explore such beautiful maps for trails, camping, fishing, vacationing on beaches or snow in mountains with ski resorts.

AF1QipPT-NV2d6hBrJsScDcYT3pmRzeLB9AaBid6

Things that are missing.

8 hours ago, MHT_ said:

Great found over there once again! As Sardinia was a really positive surprise for me (SCS Software's mapping team really seems to have put a lot of effort into detailing that area), I'd definitely like to see the Corsica being added to the game in the future as well. I'll have to go to check that area myself as well to see if there are other signs about Corsica coming to Euro Truck Simulator 2, so thank you very much for pointing it out! However, it seems like that you looked that area pretty carefully already so I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to find anything new (will still go there though as I want to discover Sicily 100% anyway). 

Now, I'm jumping a little deeper into this topic. At the moment it indeed looks that Corsica really is joining to Euro Truck Simulator 2 - nothing is too sure and everything I say now is about IF Corsica is coming to Euro Truck Simulator 2. So, as the first thing I'm posting a screenshot about the possible ferry connections from Corsica to France and Italy (will explain more below the screenshot):

6683B827816EDF4CA9E14F0C6FB395A2D44697CC

Note: all the ferry connections that you can see on my screenshot are real and you can go to check them on Google Maps as well.

• That red ferry connection is most likely the one to come as based on the screenshots and video shown by @Koneko_ (thanks for them once again), SCS seems to be working on it already.
  • Those two orange ferry connections are the possible connections between Corsica and France (Ajaccio - Marseille, and Bastia - Nice). By the look of things in real life, it seems like that there aren't too many connections between Corsica and France, so those orange connections to already existing in-game cities (if you own the Vive la France DLC) are pretty potential ferry connections at this point. 
  • Finally, the green ferry connections that you can see on my screenshot are the possible ferry connections between Corsica and Italy. As Corsica is part of France, I don't really expect to see too many connections between it and Italy (other than the Corsica - Sicily one) myself. Anyway, if SCS decides to add more connections between Italy and Corsica, those green ones would be my guess. 

Even though it's pretty likely that Corsica is coming to Euro Truck Simulator 2, there's always a pretty chance that it won't ever come for whatever reason. Corsica itself doesn't have many roads, but the landscape might be a little issue for skilled map editors as well. Anyway, as SCS has already added a few more 'difficult areas' as well, I don't think that Corsica would be a problem for them and I'm really expecting to see it at some point in the future. Under the following spoiler is a screenshot that shows the difficult landscape of Corsica - the screenshot is taken from one of the main roads of Corsica (T20):

Hide contents

5435591999DD527C66F0E39443916247D849F550

But just for now, I'm looking to hear others opinion about this subject as well - have a great day and happy trucking! :D

I'd love to see the island added to the game in the future! I've been always looking for a way to get from Southern Italy to France and vice versa, without driving down through the entire country of Italy. If Corsica is added, it would be so useful having a ferry between it and mainland France.

ioJopO8.jpg

Hey guys^^

I m saw it in game too yesterday :). I think , that it will be really beatiful if it will be in game :) 

Thanks for posted between us ! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi every one ! Loving so far the 1.35 and i was searching in the new files of it when i noticed that signs with the name corsica are in it, the signs shows xxxxx but the names of the files are corsica, so i think that corsica is pretty much comming in a future release, hopefully soon ☺️

unknown.png

Hello all !

A long time ago I made a topic about it because when the DLC Vive La France comes out, I was like but what about Corsica? It's also a part of France, so I'm really glad that you share this with us, because I always wanted Corsica to be added in the game, if they're really going to do that, then I cannot wait to test it. :love:

Thanks again for this great topic

Best Regards, RAGE

14 hours ago, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

There's a chance it could be added as soon as 1.36 or 1.37.

Yes, usually Corsica was planned for 1.35, but SCS didn't made it to finish it in time. However I think Corsica will join us in 1.36 or 1.37. But I am highly thinking it already will join in 1.36 since they are many hidden files already. :P

Archived