fastest trucks - help for a newbie

WomenDriverzUnite

hi, i am looking for the fastest truck i can possibly buy can anyone suggest any?

when i am online i just struggle to keep pace or not slow others down - example - i had to break to do a turn up a hill and ended up doing 18mph (pushing accelarator to max i add) and truck was just slugging up this hill.. someone comes behind round corner and hits me.

i need a truck that with a load on can:

get a good top speed (what can the truck you suggest do top speed)

has good accelaration off the mark from stand still and can pull up a hill well...!

Please also suggest any modifications i can buy in upgrade garage :)

Thanks so much guys - i look forward to not being embarrased on MP by my slow , rubbish, trucks.

Honestly, it depends on what loads you want to pull, if you’re looking at just general loads (1-20 tonne loads) then a 4x2 or 6x4/2 mid-lift  chassis with anything from 500-700hp engine truck, any truck, is perfect.

if you want to pull heavy loads then a mid-lift or 8x4 chassis Scania or Volvo with a 600-700hp engine is perfect.

Personally I use 6x4/2 mid-lift Scania, Volvo or DAF with either a 500, 600 or 700hp engine for a good mix of pulling power, speed and acceleration. 

In in terms of fastest truck, either a Scania or Volvo with the maxed out transmission and engine will give you the most speed, for acceleration, a transmission more suited to heavy haul is better because to pull a heavy load, you need short gearing which gives high acceleration.

I would recommend either a Scania Streamline with a 12 speed gearbox and either a 600 or 700hp engine,  the newer  Scania R or S with a similar engine and gearbox works well for speed, acceleration and still be able to pull all load types. As for Volvos, either the classic or the newer fh with either a mid-lift or 8x4 chassis with a 700hp engine works. If you want a challenge, try a DAF with the biggest engine and gearbox and midlife chassis is a bit of a challenge to get moving, but they are good at maintaining speed.

Need any more information, just ask.

You could get a Scania or Volvo for speed. However, as you said, you are new with this game. For such reason I recommend you not buying a fast truck until you acquire some more experience. I hope you follow my advice, but if you choose not to, chose from the brands on the first sentence of my paragraph.   

Anything with a 6 speed and 700hp+ engine should be enough to satisfy you, but don't feel embarrassed about your truck or your driving style. What makes this game unique is that we all have our different tastes and styles. Some people like to follow the speed limits and stop at all lights and such, while others like to speed through. Do whatever you like as long as it follows the rules :D. Hope this helps, drive safe! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello There;

As your topic has been inactive for over 14 days, we are archiving your topic. Due to the fact our forums are a busy place, we archive topics that are inactive for 2 weeks to help keep just those topics that are truly active for our community.

If you have any further questions or comments, or wish for your topic to be unarchived don't be afraid to contact me.  :wub:

//Moved to Archive

Archived