How to record triple monitors, with nvidia shadowplay?

happy_trucking_ets2

Question

Hello,

I have been searching the forum alot about this topic, but haven't found a solution yet.

I have three monitors, with nvidia surround enabled. And normally, when using nvidia surround, I can use nvidia shadowplay to record the monitors. 

Very easy, it just records at 5760x1080 resolution. And i can just edit it to 1920x1080 so I can watch it at a normal aspect ratio.

But, the weird problem is, when I play ETS2 (doesn't matter if I launch singleplayer or multiplayer). It just refuses to open the nvidia shadowplay panel( I think the default key combination for it is alt + Z).

I have reinstalled everything at this point, and it seems to be only happening to ETS2. 

So yeah I was just wondering if anyone knows a solution to this, if not, then I will try the SCS forum. It is a weird little bug, but it makes recording for me impossible, which is....annoying.

Thank you,

happy_trucking_ets2

8 answers to this question

Shadowplay is extremely broken. (Though you have probably already experienced that)

One solution to get the shadowplay working again is to close every process (via task manager, the processes are going to try to start up again after closing them so you have to do this quickly) that nvidia has open (first make sure ETS2 isn't running), which will take a minute or two, then start Geforce Experience once you get them all closed, then you will be able to open the shadowplay panel again. Afterwards, try starting ETS2 and shadowplay should start working again.

Well the weird thing is, nvidia shadowplay is technically running/working.........in a way

When I launch the game, alt-tab and hit alt+z for the shadowplay menu, it just pops op and works.

But when I go back ingame, and use alt+z, I lose control of my mouse ingame(which would be normal when you launch shadowplay) but the shadowplay menu doesn't show up. It looks like ets2 is just always infront of the shadowplay menu, which makes it why I can't use the thing. 

And, when I do these steps without nvidia surround, and just launch the game in normal 1920x1080, it works fine, no problems at all. But as soon as as I use nvidia surround, it breaks....when using it with ETS2.

I don't have any of these problems with other games btw, for example, Forza Horizon 3 works with surround and shadowplay no problem.

So....not really sure what is going on, but well, thank you guys for your responses :)

@LordBenji

Sadly changing the game to windowed, or windowed borderless, or anything else than fullscreen, it just completely breaks. Surround is always a bit....ehm...messy. But I am just going to ask it on the SCS forum, maybe someone there knows if it is even solvable at all. ETS2 doesn't really support triple monitor setups very well at all, so it is all a bit experimental, in my experience atleast.

Thank you all for your help, I am just going to mess around with the settings a bit, and if I don't figure it out, then maybe someone on the SCS forum knows it.

• True Story 1

Hello There!

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.
Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.
If you still have any questions about this, feel free to DM me or our support team members, we will open this again.
Thanks to all for participation!

//Locked and Moved to Inactive

76561198111641046.png

Hello There!

Since this topic has been inactive for 2 more days, i will move this topic to Unsolved Topics.
If you still need any help, you can send me dm, create a new topic or contact us directly by submitting a support ticket. 

https://www.truckersmp.com/support 

//Locked and Moved to Unsolved

Kind Regards,
96AV

TruckersMP Game Moderator

The best way to predict your future is to create it.