Be careful while recording...

bleyz01

Hello!

For people that recording, i know and understand that you want to capture the video of flying trucks, some accidents, but please don't stop on middle of the road.... I hate when people do this in front of my truck, hardly breaking becouse they want to record something, you are that stupid person who causing accidents becouse of recording.... Just stop outside of the road if possible if not try to capture it while driving... I also recording, but i never stopped becouse of flying truck or something like that. Driving 150km/h and hardly breaking becouse something happend it's just stupid and irresponsible... Another thing to people playing on wooden pc and recording, 15fps and recording isn't a good combo... Playing on 15fps recording, driving 150km/h hardly breaking with lags, it's just impossible to person of your back to brake in time even if he/she keep some distance... Last thing which one is in pair with previous if you are laggy, and braking don't report person of your back becouse you get hit... If you braking your trucks moves back for like 15 meters...

Sorry for some mistakes, my english is far away of being perfect...

Hello, @bleyz01

We fully understand your problem and your anger about it. I agree with the fact that some players shouldn't stop anywhere, in order to record flying trucks or anything else, but if they're blocking the road, feel free to report them or to record them. Same thing for the dangerous player which drive at 150km/h. If I can give you an advice, EU 1 is better if you want to play simulation and you'll be more safe in my opinion.

Anyway thanks for your participation on the forum. :) 

Torisutan
TruckersMP Community Moderator

It's as easy as NOT going at 150 Km/h, drive at reasonable speeds and safe distances and you will have no problems to stop without hitting the truck ahead. I'm not saying that it's OK to stop in the middle of the road just because someone wants to record something they saw, it is not OK, but if you hit the player who did that, it means that you were driving dangerously close to their truck or that you were driving dangerously fast. In any case other than lags, it will always be your fault.

Hello! Dear

Yeah , I agree with you :) 

By me recording is great mainly in hight population , for example some evidence for bans..(due to some accidents).

Kind Regards

-----Dark_Owl_-----

TruckersMP Members

On 4/19/2019 at 11:41 AM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

It's as easy as NOT going at 150 Km/h, drive at reasonable speeds and safe distances and you will have no problems to stop without hitting the truck ahead. I'm not saying that it's OK to stop in the middle of the road just because someone wants to record something they saw, it is not OK, but if you hit the player who did that, it means that you were driving dangerously close to their truck or that you were driving dangerously fast. In any case other than lags, it will always be your fault.

Completely this. 

If you're having issues stopping your vehicle without crashing into someone else, STOP TAILGATING OTHER PLAYERS!  

well i agree with you aswell and cause your are saying the truth .. everyone who want to make a video or submit a video.. just crashing or  hitting the front guy just to make him fly is bad.. ok i agree sometimes is funny but let it happen don't hit others just for the reason of recording funny stuff.... one day you will be crying for the ban you will get if someone reports you.. 

I'm recording but just for my safety: in the last week, too many players hit me voluntarily and it's very annoying. But never i stop in the middle of the lane or in a dangerous place to have /pinfo or something like that.

And maybe you sould not to go to 150 km/h, it's wrong the same.

On 4/22/2019 at 5:52 AM, TheCreepyTruckr said:

Completely this. 

If you're having issues stopping your vehicle without crashing into someone else, STOP TAILGATING OTHER PLAYERS!  

I always trying to keep safe distance even driving fast, but if you keeping a good enough distance the chance that someone will overtake you and made this distance smaller is bigger so you know... Another thing that even if you keeping 100 meters and someone driving fast in front of you will braking hard with lags ufff even with that distance it's hard to brake in time. The only place that you can stop in middle of the road without any reason (irl)  is city, it's hardly dangerous driving 150km/h with truck all we know it, but most of the people do it. Even sometimes you keeping safe distance the guy in front of you hardly breaking and you can't brake in time and you know why? Becouse people have open console and do their braking even two times stronger than "maximum in the game settings".... And yes i agree driving 150km/h is dangerous, but for me sometimes speed isn't factor, people driving reckless and without their minds is problem.... We know that c-d road is highly populated, and when the admins are online imo they should take key positions (first outside of the city (duisburg and calais) second, first crossing on c-d road, third train crossing, fourth highway) becouse it's key places where people most likely driving reckless.

@bleyz01  My statement still stands, stop tailgating traffic.  I play with the default braking sensitivity and am well aware that most players need to max theirs out because they are incapable of stopping.  However 80% of my time I won't even use my truck or trailer brakes to stop, I will just downshift and let my engine braking do the work.  Very rarely do I need to use my trailer brakes and even rarer still is for me to use my main truck brakes (I can provide hundreds of hours of recordings if you want proof).  Even during the winter mod when we had the winter physics there were very few circumstances when other players forced me to brake.  

And just because this is bugging me: "The only place that you can stop in middle of the road without any reason (irl)  is city"  What city do you live in that allows traffic to stop in the roadways?  Even for delivery vehicles that's illegal in my city and the police love seeing vehicles stop on the roads and put their hazard lights on.  The police community has started referring to the hazard lights on vehicles as "ticket me now" lights because people seem to think they are allowed to stop anywhere on the roads.

1 hour ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

@bleyz01  My statement still stands, stop tailgating traffic.  I play with the default braking sensitivity and am well aware that most players need to max theirs out because they are incapable of stopping.  However 80% of my time I won't even use my truck or trailer brakes to stop, I will just downshift and let my engine braking do the work.  Very rarely do I need to use my trailer brakes and even rarer still is for me to use my main truck brakes (I can provide hundreds of hours of recordings if you want proof).  Even during the winter mod when we had the winter physics there were very few circumstances when other players forced me to brake.  

And just because this is bugging me: "The only place that you can stop in middle of the road without any reason (irl)  is city"  What city do you live in that allows traffic to stop in the roadways?  Even for delivery vehicles that's illegal in my city and the police love seeing vehicles stop on the roads and put their hazard lights on.  The police community has started referring to the hazard lights on vehicles as "ticket me now" lights because people seem to think they are allowed to stop anywhere on the roads.

I don't literally mean in middle of the road but the closest to sidewalk. It's doesn't matter. You are one of the true truck driver here. Most of players taking this game not as it is but more likely racing game maybe not exactly racing but most of players driving just for fun just for take a ride not to be a real trucker. If you driving on c-d road it's impossible to keep with traffic without using brakes, if you keeping really good distance and driving 60/80 yeah for sure it's possible but most of players driving 100+, and you will be taken as a slow driver, but most of the "truck, turkish etc mafia's" will take you as a blocker, and they will horn, blink lights... But even irl i meet truckers driving as close as possible to car, using their brakes heavly, overtaking cars becouse they are not driving 90 but 80 on the 90km/h road... 

10 hours ago, bleyz01 said:

We know that c-d road is highly populated, and when the admins are online imo they should take key positions (first outside of the city (duisburg and calais) second, first crossing on c-d road, third train crossing, fourth highway) becouse it's key places where people most likely driving reckless.

And IMO it should be just the opposite, TMP staff should name the C-D area as "Enter at your own risk", reject all reports from that area and make every other places in the map safer, since Calais, Duisburg and the road between them seem to be a lost cause, nothing can be done (or at least nothing is being done) to stop all that chaos, let people know that it's troll's paradise, forget about it and focus on other places that need a lot more moderation than now. Whoever goes there, know what the stakes are, no reason to come complaining later because they were rammed, blocked or trolled. Maybe that would be the way to stop the chaos... Reports are rejected and people who keep reporting lose their right to file reports, lots of the "everyday in C-D" players would move away since they would be unable to report anymore.

On 4/25/2019 at 11:52 AM, Koneko_ said:

Many drivers are just in a shock for 1 minute if they got included in the accident too. Experienced that many times, when mates on teamspeak just started screaming and braking down to 0 km/h because a truck was merging on their lane. Funny sometimes :P

And that braking to 0km/h can cause another accident...For someone that can be strange to see the flying truck but just be careful, if you want to look at this, or record this just stop outside of the road and nothing bad will happend and if it's not your fault you were outside...First of all think about safety i know it's only game you can play for fun, but just don't make your fun doing something bad for others and that's it.... 1/3 players playing should be banned for that what i saw in past imo...

I do have to agree with you buddy. I appreciate that people may like to record things in the game however you must be careful and aware of your surroundings in the game. 

I've seen some users responses in here about wouldn't you stop if a truck "went flying in front of you" however in real life there is the service recovery services/health issues whereas in Euro Truck Simulator 2 it's just a click of a button away to teleport out of the area at the end of the day.

Interesting topic OP :) 

yo

A handy thing for people to remember is the "All Good Kids Like Milk" (AGKLM) safe driving philosophy:

A: Aim high in steering.
Try looking forward far ahead and reading the traffic on the road. This keeps you centered in your lane and gives you an ability to predict changes in the traffic ahead of you. Looking down at the road or staring directly at the vehicle in front of you can result in being to close to the edge of the road, too close to the center line, or not give you enough time to react or adapt to rapidly changing traffic and/or road conditions.

G: Get the big picture.
Look for and avoid potentially dangerous situations on the road ahead way before they become an issue. Identifying and understanding your surroundings on the road will provide time for reacting safely to what you see. Getting the big picture helps us to see opportunities we would miss if we were not paying attention.

K: Keep your eyes moving.
By watching what is ahead, next to, and behind you, you have more control of your surroundings in your vehicle. This gives you time to prepare for vehicles that are passing, getting ready to possibly move into your path, or just being aware of who is around you on the road.

L: Leave yourself an out.
This is a defensive driving technique of always trying to maintain an acceptable speed and distance from other vehicles as an escape tactic if an unexpected accident occurs. In driving, usually, the only space you can be sure of being able to use is that on your right and that directly in front of you. By ensuring that you're at least one car length away from the cars around you, or at least two seconds behind the car ahead of you, you have a safety zone and room to maneuver.

M: Make sure they see you.

Making eye contact (or in the case of the game - radio contact), and using your signals and any other form of communication to make other drivers aware that you are here. It is very rare that someone will pull out in front of you and cut you off if they see you on the road. Most drivers are courteous and will acknowledge your presence on the road. Using your signal lights, headlights, horn and even making eye contact are a few ways to make driving safer and easier.

Archived