To avrage high ping

downfall_gamer

Question

10 answers to this question

Hi,

Ping is a measure of how long it takes to get a response after a request is sent out. As it is heavily dependent on how close you are to where the servers are hosted (information has less of a distance to travel), being all the way in Australia will result in a much higher ping than if you were in somewhere like The UK (nearer to where the TMP servers are based). Ping is also effected by various other factors such as how many users are using your internet connection at the same time, your ISP etc. If you're getting kicked for it, it means that your ping is above 600ms. Note that you won't be kicked if it suddenly spikes above 600ms but then comes back down, as it is taken as an average. 

In short, there is no real obvious answer. However, some steps which may help to improve your ping include:

- Closing any other unnecessary applications on your computer whilst playing MP.

- Linked closely to the point above, ensuring that nothing is downloading whilst you're playing, i.e. Windows updates or Steam updates. 

- Disconnecting other unnecessary devices from your WiFi whilst playing / playing at a time where there aren't many other people using your internet connection and thus bandwidth. 

- Using an ethernet connection as opposed to WiFi to produce a more stable and consistent connection. 

- If ethernet is not an option, attempt to move closer to the router. 

- Finally, you could also contact your ISP to see if there's a better service they can offer you, an upgraded/newer version of their router or to see if there's a problem on their end which may be resulting in high ping for the end user. 

Note: You can use a website such as https://www.speedtest.net to test what your average ping is, however it might not be representative of what you get in game because as mentioned above you will likely be a lot closer to where the server for the  test is located than where TMP's server is located. However, what it can tell you is whether it's an issue whereby your general connection is poor, or whether your general connection is fine and that your ping is only high whilst playing MP due to location. 

Hope This Helps,

Jamie R.  

• Upvote 1

Hi,

If you have too high of an average ping, you can try using a VPN.

A VPN can make your connection a lot stabler and can reduce ping vis better routing.

I have a friend who uses a VPN to connect from Japan to the ETS EU servers and he says if he doesn’t use the VPN his ping would be 300-400ms but with the VPN it is 270 to 230ms.

Kind Regards,

Sentinel.

Trial Support 

for ets2 theres nothing you can do they got rid of the aisa servers that would of been your best one but on ats you can play on the usa server iv seen people from that part of the world play happily on that server 

even here in Canada i get 160s on ets2  maybe try a Ethernet cable it would make it more stable to game on if anything 

being from Australia myself running ADSL2 it is hard to play on ETS2 with the europe servers unless you are the only one on the network gaming if you have a mobile plan with heaps of data it is surprisingly better and is what i had to use for quite a while until my area got NBN

hope this helps a bit. :) 

cCrVyYN.png

This may not solve your problem at all.
 But damage on the truck or trailr contributes to the High PING.
I live in Brazil, we have the same problem of you Australians being kicked by high PING.
I have found that if you have a radio internet of 0.5 MB or 1 MB your PING will be loud but for us it is fairly playable at some times of our day which is practically when most Europeans are not online. We play more at dawn.
Having damage in the truck or trailer above 10% the PING for us gets high and I would say that the chance to get kicked is about 70%, 80%.
I now use the popular fiber optic internet plan, in theory 10MB, but at night and dawn release capacity for 50 MB and up to 80 MB sometimes. Maybe in your country has fiber optics at a good price, I recommend. Connection is more stable.
 But the idea and method of the Japanese makes sense on this side of the world.
 In fact Truckers MP should have an Asian server and another Latin American, would help a lot and increase the community, with lower PING, more people would play.

1 hour ago, Sentinel_ said:

Hi,

If you have too high of an average ping, you can try using a VPN.

A VPN can make your connection a lot stabler and can reduce ping vis better routing.

I have a friend who uses a VPN to connect from Japan to the ETS EU servers and he says if he doesn’t use the VPN his ping would be 300-400ms but with the VPN it is 270 to 230ms.

Kind Regards,

Sentinel.

Trial Support 

yeah but I don't really have the cash for a vpn

Hello  

Since you are kicked because you have a too high ping I would suggest you to try these:

• Try to avoid busy areas like Duisburg, Calais or CD Road.
  • Always keep your system up to date.
  • Replace the graphics card if necessary.
  • Try reinstalling the game.
  • Turn off unnecessary features in the graphics settings.
  • Move away from crowded areas.
  • Play the game on lowest settings possible. https://lowbudgetgamerpc.blogspot.com/2015/04/euro-truck-simulator-2-optimization.html Good website to help on optimizing your game.
  • Go into Task Manager and remove unwanted apps and apps running in the background.
  • You could run Anti-Virus and CCleaner because there might be apps slowing down your PC. 
  • Verify game cache
  • Delete garages, drivers.
  • Load other save game.
  • Make new profile.
  • Make sure you have the latest .Net Framework (4.7) & DirectX & Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 and use CCleaner to remove temporary files and obsolete registry paths.
  • Update your graphic card driver.
  • Pull down your graphics settings.
  • Take care not to play in busy areas.
  • If your Game is freezing for a long period it is because the mod Is attempting to its game time with the core game time. (SP & MP times are quite different)!
  • Go in company manager (this may be a pain) and fire all of your drivers first. 
  • Save your progress then completely close the game
  • Go into your Euro Truck Simulator 2 documents folders and select/highlight the your last profile (look at last modified) then with it highlighted hit the delete button.  (Again I know it could be a pain)
  • Press CTRL+ALT+DEL keys and open the Task Manager,after,close the background useless programs.
  • Update your operating system.
  • Set Scale to 400%---Disable MLAA---Disable DOF---Set all following Quality Settings to max.---Disable Anisotropic Filtering by moving the Slider to the left Side.
  • These may reason your FPS drop==Development Logging----Smoothing Distance--- Load Cabin Accessoires---Load Flags---Aditional Lights---Draw Distance

And read these topics:

Dear @downfall_gamer

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply,due to this i will move your topic to Inactive Topics.

If you still need any help of this ,feel free to DM me or other support team members,we will open this again.

Thanks for all participation!

Thank you for your understanding!

//Locked and Moved to Inactive