How would YOU cope with this?

Darth Ducky

On 4/17/2019 at 3:39 AM, trixicat said:

you cant ban the complete VTC. This is at the same level as racism. You have to ban every player indivudually. You dont want to ban an unguilty player!

Are you seriously comparing punishing a VTC (who should take responsibility for the actions of their members, or at the very least, take action against them, just like a real-life company should, by the way) with racism?!
Wow. Way to completely insult actual targets of racism!
The two are not even close to being on the same level. Not by a long shot.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, RickyWong said:

Are you seriously comparing punishing a VTC (who should take responsibility for the actions of their members, or at the very least, take action against them, just like a real-life company should, by the way) with racism?!

The shot is shorter than you might think. It all begins in a small amount. But as a vtc owner you can't control what your members are doing. The only thing you can do is to give advice or in last consequence fire them from your vtc. I was co-owner of a vtc by myself and I'm still active in a vtc and a convoy guiding company (ConSec). And even there we have had occasionally some black sheep. 1 of those I identified by myself as he was insulting and reckless driving the whole time on our private trip.

5 hours ago, trixicat said:

The shot is shorter than you might think. It all begins in a small amount. But as a vtc owner you can't control what your members are doing. The only thing you can do is to give advice or in last consequence fire them from your vtc. I was co-owner of a vtc by myself and I'm still active in a vtc and a convoy guiding company (ConSec). And even there we have had occasionally some black sheep. 1 of those I identified by myself as he was insulting and reckless driving the whole time on our private trip.

Nonsense. That is a slippery slope fallacy.
Anyway, if a VTC punishes or expels the "black sheep" as a consequence of bad actions (as well as reporting them), fine. This shows that they value their own reputation.
But any that are more concerned with quantity over quality and are weak on punishing their own members for bad actions, don't deserve to be allowed to exist as a VTC, as far as I'm concerned. As virtual, (semi) professional entities, VTCs should be held to a higher standard than normal players. Hence, their vetting process for allowing new members should also be more stringent.

Hello,

I was first a In-game Administrator (Now GM) back in 2017 and now a GM in 2019 I can say there are less of these events than they're used to be. It's still obviously a problem but from them years difference these events have dropped. The main problem we face now is C-D with Inappropriate Overtakes or Ramming. So I see these a lot less than I used to.

Regards,

Nameless Ghoul.

Current Advisor of

TruckersMP.com

Player Reports: https://truckersmp.com/reports

Ban Appeal: https://truckersmp.com/appeals

Game Rules: https://truckersmp.com/rules

On 4/16/2019 at 1:01 PM, Darth Ducky said:

So, 3 members from a VTC decide that they are going to play a game of completely blocking you off from making your delivery, and then 1 of them will keep ramming you to wreck your truck & your load. How do you think you would feel about this, and what would you do?

Well this happened to me and a couple of my fellow users last night. Since I don't like seeing these kind of users on the simulator games I decided to just sit it out and see how much stupidity, and lack of respect for the game & other users these people had. Apparently it was alot.

Question.... how often do you guys & gals see these kind of idiots in the game & what is the worst thing that has happened to you?

these kinda things happen quite often sadly. Hate it when it happends.

ALWAYS do quicksaves when you approach a player or a city. Just in case something wrong happens to you.

When it does

- If I don't get any damage, I calmly explain that everything has been recorded then ask them to be careful. If no sorry, report IG.

- If I get some, even if they says me sorry, they'll be reported. You're on a truck simulator, not on FlatOut or any crazy racing game.

- When I get pissed of due to various reasons (+5% damage, obvious troll, being stuck, etc..), they get reported both IG and website.

(But eh, even if we shouldn't, it's sometimes even impossible not to wish them to enjoy their free vacations.)

It is always sad and annoying to see that other people get trolled. I know this isn't fun but here is how I usually deal with those cases; when someone rams or tries to block me in, I will just go to the side of the road and stop. They can try as much as possible but you have stronger evidence. Instead of just ramming you can also and additionally claim it blocking, as they probably won't allow you to park.

Just ignore them ingame and make sure to report them. That way you are safe and by reporting, the community is also a little safer ;)

Personally I just stamp the brakes, engage full trailer brake and retarder, set the handbrake, enter dev cam and record. Once all brakes are locked on, my truck becomes a 40t stone that the rammer can’t shift.

To be honest I’ve not seen this type of behaviour for a while, but my favourite thing to do with single trolls, especially those that keep swerving across all lanes on the motorways to keep blocking you from passing, is to watch how long it takes them to go from one side to the other, drop a couple of gears, release clutch and as they cycle, aim for the far side and watch as they scramble to try and flip you only to flip themselves. 

Karma is is a wonderful thing!

I experienced something like this a couple weeks ago when I was driving through France. A driver with no trailer and his friend spent 20 minutes blocking me and my friend at a toll booth. They eventually gave up and went to bother someone else.

The best thing to do is to just report it on the website with the evidence above.

ioJopO8.jpg

On 4/16/2019 at 12:01 PM, Darth Ducky said:

So, 3 members from a VTC decide that they are going to play a game of completely blocking you off from making your delivery, and then 1 of them will keep ramming you to wreck your truck & your load. How do you think you would feel about this, and what would you do?

Well this happened to me and a couple of my fellow users last night. Since I don't like seeing these kind of users on the simulator games I decided to just sit it out and see how much stupidity, and lack of respect for the game & other users these people had. Apparently it was alot.

Question.... how often do you guys & gals see these kind of idiots in the game & what is the worst thing that has happened to you?

On 4/20/2019 at 11:44 AM, gamerboy_nl said:

these kinda things happen quite often sadly. Hate it when it happends.

3 hours ago, davidd said:

I experienced something like this a couple weeks ago when I was driving through France. A driver with no trailer and his friend spent 20 minutes blocking me and my friend at a toll booth. They eventually gave up and went to bother someone else.

The best thing to do is to just report it on the website with the evidence above.

Yeah tolling and rule breaking is never going to stop, the best thing to do is to report it with good INFO and see something gets done about it, like if I would to report them in game nothing would get done about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had it to where people block it but not an entire VTC that's garbage gameplay.  As long as you get the evidence then they will be served bans for the individuals involved.  

On 4/18/2019 at 9:35 AM, RickyWong said:

I don't think racism applies at all either.  I believe it more so if anything falls on discrimination to ban an entire roster of a VTC based on a select few.

8DNR455.png.869e61a16669ab6e07db46102f6c9a56.png

8DNR455cali.png.0211d30eb8126a677c9256a883154e59.png

58 minutes ago, LeovanderMeer ---NL--- said:

Admin just have to enforce harder. Just permaban them.

Permban is really not the solution. Banning in general is not in my opinion. We should make people realize what they did by talking. Once people know they crossed the line, they are aware and there is a better difference in doing it by accident or on purpose.

17 hours ago, Averazon said:

Permban is really not the solution. Banning in general is not in my opinion. We should make people realize what they did by talking. Once people know they crossed the line, they are aware and there is a better difference in doing it by accident or on purpose.

LoL, no.  It's not our job to be parents for these people, whether they're 13 or 53 they should be old enough to understand that actions have consequences. 

If someone runs a red light in real life the cops don't talk it over with them, they should have already been aware of the road laws and rules, so they get a ticket/fine/punishment.  The TMP users have agreed to the mod/server rules, they should be aware of all the things they need to do or watch out for.  So why should they get a second chance or why should mods waste even more time trying to explain something to them?  Just ban them and move on, let them figure out that life has consequences when you make a mistake.

Edit:  @xenophobia put it better than my rude, semi-drunk self did.  I like this guy. :)

10 hours ago, Averazon said:

Yeah, let's have a thoughtful and respectful conversation with them, what could go wrong? After all, they're players who misunderstood how the game works, right? I'm sure they won't call my mother names in whatever language they're speaking because they're decent, upstanding members of our community, right? I mean, come on... we have the rules translated to numerous languages. What's their excuse, can't read? Skipped school? Blind? Too many rules? Sorry admeen I no see rules here?

They know exactly what they're doing. It's not like they're brainwashed or don't know it's wrong, they prefer to put their own satisfaction over punishment in a mod, online, that won't cost them anything but a simple ban, which of course you have countless ways to evade. This is almost like saying, "let's not put drunk drivers in jail, because they're not aware that they committed a crime." Well, too late, they broke the rules, should've thought about the consequences.

This is a mod that attracts children, who are fast learners, but evasive and elusive; the only possible solution, in this case, is that we punish them and make sure they realize what they're doing is wrong. We could implement a jail system, where you'd be locked/positioned somewhere off the map, with the page of the rules forcibly shown in your screen for the duration of your punishment. They'll probably read at that point, and learn something for the first time in their life outside of school. However, I think the bigger problem here is the adult playerbase that still break the rules and behave as foolish as the underage playerbase.

Someone breaks the rules, they're punished for it, permaban or not, justice served. Second chance? Sure, third? Nope, time's up.

Simple as.

Archived