How would YOU cope with this?

Darth Ducky

So, 3 members from a VTC decide that they are going to play a game of completely blocking you off from making your delivery, and then 1 of them will keep ramming you to wreck your truck & your load. How do you think you would feel about this, and what would you do?

Well this happened to me and a couple of my fellow users last night. Since I don't like seeing these kind of users on the simulator games I decided to just sit it out and see how much stupidity, and lack of respect for the game & other users these people had. Apparently it was alot.

Question.... how often do you guys & gals see these kind of idiots in the game & what is the worst thing that has happened to you?

devils rejects1 fixed small.jpg

Devils Rejects Trucking Club (on Trucksbook)   -   Owner

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see this every day. But instead of whining about it. Next time, press f1 and pause the game. You will recieved no damage but they will. 

I also see something like this every day that other players think to be trolls. In such cases it only helps to record and later to report on the homepage so they get a ban for it.
I don't know myself what's so nice about destroying the game experience for others.
It is a simulation game and not a game where you have to ram other people / troll other people.

Hello :) 

Unfortunately , It's normally on Calais/Duisburg road on Eu 2 everyday.If you have a some problem with players , that breaking the rules , so you make a report on website :) 

This players , who likes trolling / ramming / blocking are not a players to multiplayer , they like to hurt  others in multiplayer.. Mainly , when you will meet a some from these player , so in any case you should not do it   , what  he did you... ..

Everyone knows , that in multiplayer is a much players , who likes doing a problems ^^ ,, but not always is good idea :)

Good Luck on the Road!!

Best Regards ,

-----Dark_Owl_----- 

TruckersMP Members 

Hi guys, thanks for the responses I have seen already :)

@tattytate I totally agree that we see less of these problems then we had back in the day. The reports were all made when I came back to my PC this morning.... and i noticed that one of the users, mgka, has been banned overnight (possibly an in-game ban or from a report made a few days ago), so my evidence will be hopefully added. As you will have expeienced this sort of thing before you'll know that there is no reason to respond to the troll with agression. I tried to inform them that it would be best for them to stop but trolls will be trolls. I just sat back and let them incriminate themselves, and advised my drivers to do the same thing. After a while I told my fellow drivers to move over to EU4 to deliver their loads while I just stayed sat where I was to see what may happen next. The funny thing was we were right outside of Lysette Logistics, where we were delivering to. You have to laugh at that really ;)

@[VIVA] Andy Suter That's exactly what we did in the end. I just like to make sure that if trolls are going to idiots I get the best footage I can for any reports. Didn't spoil my drive, and I only got 5% cargo damage in the end :)

devils rejects1 fixed small.jpg

Devils Rejects Trucking Club (on Trucksbook)   -   Owner

Yesterday I had someone trying to block me and ram me. First he wouldn't let me overtake on a 4 lane road, he kept blocking all lanes including shoulder. He was going about 80 km/h so I wanted to. It wasn't a congested road and it was somewhere between Brussels and Luxembourg I think. But I found a way to overtake him by cutting into a fuel station (there was no one in the fuel station so I kept other players in mind) on the grass and then I was running as fast as I could away from him because I knew he was going to try to ram me and he did ram the side of my trailer which slowed him down a bit and I kept running. I was driving a man tgx euro 6 with the 640 hp engine 12 speed so it's decent. I had about a 15t load on me and thankfully he had a load too not sure what truck he had but he was slowly catching up to me. Eventually I think he screwed himself up and ran off the right side of the road (there was no guard rail) into an invisible barrier. We were both going over 120 km/h. I was lmao for a few minutes because that's some nice karma. Unfortunately I can't record everything because my pc is not powerful enough to record and play at the same time. I really don't know how you would deal with someone trolling this long but just record them and get them banned is all I know. If your pc is powerful enough recording all the time like a dashcam is great.

I would just stop on the side of the road, go into the dev cam, press f1 to pause and record all of it.

But this is nothing compared to what i've dealt with on ATS though, i've seen some people on there who, coming upon, would immediately start swearing and insulting over the CB, mostly just because in a furry. The worst i've had of that was an entire convoy of them, having been driving with my friends they decided to ram us. This is before I had the ability to record, though.

Well, you did a mistake. You are reacting to them to much. Dont do this, this is the food for the trolls. Just report them ingame or via website. (at the website the report is guaranteed to be looked at)

59 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

What would I do?
Record, report and relax.

However, I would like to see the possibility to ban the complete VTC from multiplayer.

you cant ban the complete VTC. This is at the same level as racism. You have to ban every player indivudually. You dont want to ban an unguilty player!

To be fairly honest, when I stream and record at the same time, I usually report it to the TMP staff under the filing a report. You will need to file a report for every single member involved IF they committed an offense such as blocking and ramming. It must be clear as day for the TMP staff to see and make the right judgment to give the necessary punishment, however, such a thing as a whole VTC committing traffic offenses in such a scale, I have not encountered, yet I did encounter someone who rammed me out of the world (more details not necessary) however, point still stands. If someone commits a breaking of a rule, report it. <3 

Safe trucking everyone. 

Mw0vH4e.png

I often see a lot of people breaking the rules, especially in congested areas. The worst thing that ever happend to me was, when somebody crashed into my truck so hard that I fell out of the map. The worst thing about that was that I had driven over 3500km before that accident and my cargo had zero damage. After that it unfortunately was completely damaged. 

13 hours ago, trixicat said:

you cant ban the complete VTC. This is at the same level as racism. You have to ban every player indivudually. You dont want to ban an unguilty player!

Do not mistake racism with collective punishment.
If multiple members of the same VTC intentionally violate the rules, I think it is fair to ban the VTC until they are aligned with the multiplayer requirements again.

3 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Do not mistake racism with collective punishment.
If multiple members of the same VTC intentionally violate the rules, I think it is fair to ban the VTC until they are aligned with the multiplayer requirements again.

Well every collective punishment is sth like racism.  You are punishing people, who didnt do anything wrong. Its always induviduals, even this are multiple players, it are multiple induviuduals. As VTC owner you have basically no chance to sort those players out, before they did sth wrong.

Just imagine three of your VTC members troll around, would you like to be banned, too?

1 hour ago, trixicat said:

Well every collective punishment is sth like racism.  You are punishing people, who didnt do anything wrong.

No it is not. What you describe is maybe discrimination, but certainly not racism.

1 hour ago, trixicat said:

Just imagine three of your VTC members troll around, would you like to be banned, too?

I would of course NOT like to be banned. And that is exactly the idea of a punishment.

When that happens, I simply start recording my screen and report them in-game. My next step is to log out and move away from that location off-line. It’s that simples and you don’t get stressed. It honestly doesn’t have that often because I keep out from busy areas but when it does, that’s what I do.

Archived