Show more consideration

fidget3306

Today, while driving near Aberdeen, I attempted to make a turn into a fuel station on a quiet B road. On this particular occasion, I swung wide in order to park up against the fence, so that I was not in other the way of other players. However, I swung a little too wide, meaning my rear steering trailer got caught on a barrier on the other side of the road. This was a simple mistake that would have taken me less than a minute to correct. However, another truck appeared behind me, stopping practically bumper to bumper and not allowing me any room to maneuver. This player then found it necessary to tell me they were recording and constantly use the horn. At this point, I noticed another player attempting to pass by going the wrong way through the fuel station. With great difficulty I managed to maneuver so that at least oncoming traffic could pass with any trouble. The truck behind me decided to use this gap, before I had properly completed the maneuver, to pass. The player passed without looking and ended up in a head on collision with an oncoming truck which was traveling too quickly to be controllable. Funnily enough, as soon as I had room behind me, I was able to correct and turn into the fuel station.

This is just one example of a minor inconvenience that was turned into a full scale accident, because of an impatient driver. I urge all players to show some more patience and understanding. If you come across a hold up, stop a reasonable distance away and wait. There is no need to use your horn (which may actually cause the driver to panic and make more mistakes) and there is no need to threaten to report the player if it is a genuine accident. 

Couldn't agree with you more. The only real solution I find to this is to use EU1, where at least in my experience the drivers are considerably more respectful and courteous. However, with significantly less players than in the other servers, it is definitely not the best answer :( It's a shame. 

Jamie R.

I can understand your frustration, but it is clear some players shows no consideration about other road users and bad things can escalate very quickly. Everyone can make mistakes, but if you happen to be blocking more than one lane, that's where you may get into problems. The best way to avoid that is to F7 or load somewhere else safely (not in middle of the road).

KkdaC1b.png

Hello fidget3306, :) 

I fully understand your problem, of course you're not wrong for making a maneuver in a truck simulator, do not hesitate to report restless players and mostly if they cause accidents. Of course, if you're stuck the better thing to do is F7, in order to do not block the road and like in your case if the player prevent you to move by stopping bumper to bumper, but I agree with the fact that some players may be impatient and will quickly threaten to report you or record you. I think EU2 is not the most practical server to play simulation. I advise you EU1 ;) 

Kind Regards, 

Torisutan
TruckersMP 

I experienced this once, made a report, and got declined saying such frustrating moment is reckless which caused the accident.

Good luck and hope you don’t have to encounter this frustrating moment again.

13 hours ago, LordBenji said:

I can understand your frustration, but it is clear some players shows no consideration about other road users and bad things can escalate very quickly. Everyone can make mistakes, but if you happen to be blocking more than one lane, that's where you may get into problems. The best way to avoid that is to F7 or load somewhere else safely (not in middle of the road).

12 hours ago, Torisutan said:

Hello fidget3306, :) 

I fully understand your problem, of course you're not wrong for making a maneuver in a truck simulator, do not hesitate to report restless players and mostly if they cause accidents. Of course, if you're stuck the better thing to do is F7, in order to do not block the road and like in your case if the player prevent you to move by stopping bumper to bumper, but I agree the fact that some players may be impatient and will quickly threaten to report you or record you. I think EU2 is not the most practical server to play simulation. I advise you EU1 ;) 

Kind Regards, 

Torisutan
TruckersMP 

The most frustrating thing was that there should be no need to f7. Once I actually had room behind me, it took less than 30 seconds for me to correct the maneuver. I was actually only blocking 2 lanes because of the way the cab swung while reversing and steering, something that should have been momentary.  

2 hours ago, fidget3306 said:

The most frustrating thing was that there should be no need to f7. Once I actually had room behind me, it took less than 30 seconds for me to correct the maneuver. I was actually only blocking 2 lanes because of the way the cab swung while reversing and steering, something that should have been momentary.  

I understand it very well, but as I said some players are really restless and don't give you the time to do so. You can't do anything about it, I think it's useless to try to understand why they don't. Do not hesitate to report them if they cause troubles.

I'm pretty sure there are still players which would wait ;) 

Have a nice day ! 

• -Tomukas- locked and unlocked this topic

Archived