Looking for help! OBS Settings?

AllysaRockz

Question

Hiya people! Just have a little question directed at anybody who records ETS2 MP with OBS... what are your settings? :D OBS for me works fine for a bunch of other games I play, but just seems to hate this game now. It doesn't lag when I'm in the menu screen but as soon as I go to drive or do anything in the game, my FPS in the recording just dies, while my FPS while I'm actually playing is totally fine and not stuttering at all. It started happening maybe a month ago, and I just haven't been able to figure out why it's doing this or how to fix it. So I thought I'd ask here! Any help is appreciated, so long as what you've tried or done actually works!

8 answers to this question

Hi! Try changing your encoder and see which one works best for you.

If you could provide your specs we might be able to give you more suitable advice.

8 hours ago, Zischpeng said:

I had the same problem, sometimes so much that I couldn't report players because the video evidence was too much stuttering.

What fixed it for me was to change the encoder (Settings --> Output) from NVENC to x264.

I had mine set to NVENC to and I remember changing it and this didn't work... now though? It suddenly seems to work... :huh: Tried to record and it came out as smooth as it was before, which is awesome! Thanks for that, though I could have SWORN I tried that and it didn't do me any good lol.

8 hours ago, Suleyman.53 said:

Looks like you need help. I move this topic to the help section so that you can get some more useful help.

I thought this section was for in-game issues, not for stuff like recording but that's good to know for the future, thank you.

8 hours ago, Bears I respekt said:

No need to load the processor, which already loads the game. In the evening, I'll throw off your screen settings. i5 + gtx1050ti.

Uh... not sure what you're talking about, I don't follow.

4 hours ago, Hristev said:

Hi! Try changing your encoder and see which one works best for you.

If you could provide your specs we might be able to give you more suitable advice.

Mmm, changing that seemed to fix the problem... I hope it works for my other games but if not I can always change them back when I need to. And I guess I can provide them in case somebody else has this issue! I don't think it has anything to do with my computer... it's not that bad haha

Specs: Using a 64-bit operating system with an Intel i7-8700K @ 3.7GHz along with 16GB of ram, and my graphics card is an Nvidia GTX 1080Ti. I play on a 2560x1440 @144Hz monitor and for recordings I have them downsize to 1920x1080.

• Like 1