The new trailer modding rule

MartyTheGamer

Question

Trailer combinations must only contain up to 3 cargo carrying trailers (dolly trailers do not count towards this). 3 full-size trailers are not allowed to be used in ETS2 due to the autokick system.

So what I understand is that a combination of 3 full-size trailers connected by dollies is not allowed? But for example a combination of 2 full-size trailers and one small trailer is okay?

In that case this rule is a little confusing and should be reformatted. The second part doesnt sound right. It should be cut out and added to the "The following save edits are not permitted on trailers:" section as:

"A combination of 3 full-sized trailers connected by dollies [is not allowed]."

13 answers to this question

§3.2 - Trailer modding

The following save edits are permitted on trailers:

Trailer combinations must only contain up to 3 cargo carrying trailers (dolly trailers do not count towards this). 3 full-size trailers are not allowed to be used in ETS2 due to the autokick system.

The following save edits are not permitted on trailers:

Trailer combinations with more than 3 cargo carrying trailers

You can actually haul 3 full size trailers (in ATS its 45', 45', 53', for the max trailer sizes in order, while for ETS2 there is really only one trailer size, then you can put whatever trailer you want on back) as the dollies do not count as trailers.

5 hours ago, BL4CK$K1LL said:

Did you get the answer you were looking for with the answers given above?
Your confirmation of the status of your issue/question helps us keep the forum always organized!

For now, no

7 hours ago, [Mega Trans] CrystaL said:

Hi there,

I'd also suggest you take a read of the following: 

Hope this helped.

Thanks, I have checked this page and it is outdated. I always check with the latest version of the servers' rules.

So according to this new rule one should be able to have 3 cargo carrying trailers and dollies connecting them, yet a few combinations I have tried have auto-kicked me from the server, such as this one:
(I am spawning in Turin which is outside the banned zone for double/triple trailers)

ezGzXy1.jpg

3 full sized trailers kicked me in the same manner. It seems like the server has not been updated to not detect dollies as trailers.

Dear @MartyTheTrucker,

The rules were updated again yesterday to make it more clear to the players. Here is a new version of that new rule:

• Trailer combinations must only contain up to 3 cargo carrying trailers (dolly trailers do not count towards this). 3 full-size trailers are not allowed to be used in ETS2 due to the autokick system.

Kind Regards,
BL4CK$K1LL
TruckersMP Support

50 minutes ago, LordBenji said:

Also in the rules there is:

Okay, so now this makes the new rule in §3.2 even more confusing.

That rule says dollies are not counted, yet it looks like they are counted. It makes no sense. Why not just write "Trailers in ETS2 may be 3 parts (including dollies) and in ATS they may be 5 parts (including dollies)" ?

• Confused 1

Dear @MartyTheTrucker

This topic has been inacitve for 3 days since the last reply,due to this i will have to move this topic  to Inactive Topics.

If you still need any further help,feel free to DM me or other support team members,we will open this  again.

Thanks for all participation!

Thank you for your understanding!

//Locked and Moved to Inactive

Hi all

Since  this topic has been inactive for a further 2 days,i will  move this topic  to Unsolved Topics.

If you still need any help,create a new topic ot contact us directly by submitting a support ticket here:https://www.truckersmp.com/support

//Moved to Unsolved