[Poll] Possible ideas for a new congested road

dragonslayingmaster1000

Which route do you like best?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which route do you like best?

• Route 1 [Reims to Strasbourg]
    • Route 2 [Innsbruck/Zurich to Milan]
    • Route 3 [Frankfurt to Prague]

BEFORE VOTING, CHECK THE ROUTES OUT IN-GAME FIRST TO SEE WHICH ONE YOU LIKE BEST!

CD road has been the most congested road for years now and driving on it all the time gets old and I think there should be a new congested road. I have came up with possible ideas of good roads that would be fun to drive on. All of these are 2 lane roads and all of them require no dlc. I picked these based on the difficulty, how nice the road looks, the route distance, and also partly on how big the cities are and how they would handle congestion.

First of all here are what the colors mean in the screenshots:

YELLOW = Main route(s)

RED = Other areas nearby that will have a significant number of players as well, usually roads that connect to the main route, similar to Rotterdam and Brussel which are near the CD road and therefor also have lots of players.

The distances I will be calculating from repair station to repair station.

Route 1 [Reims to Strasbourg]: https://prnt.sc/nbswq2 (about 460 km)

Why did I choose this route? It's a nice drive with twisty turns occasionally and the scenery looks great the entire way with farmland and some forests. Reims is pretty small with only 2 lane roads and has 3 companies, 2 inside the city and an ecares about 20-30 km outside the city. Strasbourg is better with 4 lanes of traffic in parts of the city and it has 4 companies in the city and a quarry about 50-100 km southwest of the city which is nice.

Route 2 [Innsbruck and/or Zurich to Milan]: https://prnt.sc/nbsxy3 (Innsbruck to Milan is about 600 km, Zurich to Milan is about 540 km)

Why did I choose this route? There are many twisty turns on the 2 lane part of it and challenging to drive, which means people will be forced to go slower and not overtake as much which means less crashes. Also it looks really good with the mountain scenery. I really love the alps region in ETS2. Zurich and Innsbruck has mostly 4 lane roads. Zurich has 2 companies while Innsbruck has 3. On the other end of the route Milan has plenty of space and companies and it's a spread out city similar to Paris, should not have problems with congestion.

Route 3 [Frankfurt to Prague]: https://prnt.sc/nbt4jk (about 400 km)

Why did I choose this route? There are some twisty areas in this road but not as many as the last route. The scenery is very good. After the Germany rework is fully finished it will look even better, however about 1/3 of it is in the Czech Republic so that part will not be affected by the rework. Also there is a train crossing just like on CD road. Frankfurt has 4 companies and a 4 lane road in the middle of the city. However, I found this possible big problem at the frankfurt repair station which if this road were to be popular it would be almost impossible to get out of. I have a small map change and an extra non collision zone that could help: (http://prntscr.com/nbtt42) Prague looks good with mostly 4 lanes and 3 companies in the city with a quarry about 50 km to the west and there is a good amount of space in the city. 

My favorite routes in order would have to be:

Route 2, Route 3, Route 1

Once again vote in the poll to tell me your favorite and comment below with your feedback! I'm looking forward to seeing what people think about this.

I think Route 3 would be the best route for this.

With Route 1 its also a possibility, but I feel like Route 3 is just better because there are always less skilled and newer drivers coming along the road, we don't want to get blocked up because someone doesn't know how to properly handle their truck.

Many people won't pick Route 2 because of the tolls, and many people would still want to be able to overtake the person that decides they want to do 50 km/h the entire road. Plus, like I said above, newer drivers could very likely cause issues.

I don't think the road is going to change though, there are too many stubborn people driving there who will never want to change.

I usually start my trips in Duisburg or Calais to go down the road, and then continue my trip onto where I was going. (Which usually ends up being 1000+ km away)

Route with number 3 ;-) 

Calais-Duisburg is very dangerous road , how to survive there? :troll::wesmart:

Kind Regards

-----Dark_Owl-----

TruckersMP Members

Why add more roads to occupy and why the need to vote? Some people actually would like to drive on these roads where there are no massive amounts of vehicles blocking the way, ramming each other and reporting every single incident. It is enough havoc for the moderators to keep an eye on the C-D Road. Adding another road to occupy in such a scale is just wrong, especially when many people claim that moderators don't do their job when actually they are. If you want to ram people and flip their cars, jump on Rocket League, there you can even make a car explode without a moderator kicking or banning anyone. <3

Mw0vH4e.png

I have just one question: Why on Earth would you want to encourage what happens on the C-D Road somewhere else?

If you find the C-D Road is getting boring for you, then I have a very simply solution; stop driving on it. There are plenty of areas throughout the map that are busy enough that you're never alone, but not so busy that it's like a game of Mad Max, such as Scandinavia and reworked sections of Germany. Having the C-D Road remain the busiest one in the game is great because it means all the madness and toxicity can stay there and not infect everywhere else.

29 minutes ago, Garret said:

Why would you want another high populated area? What is the point of that? There's no win. Everyone loses. Staff has to work more, people get stresses, computers are pushed to the limit. Why not just drive normally, all spread out over the entire map? 

This is meant to completely replace the CD road and move it somewhere else, not have 2 congested roads at the same time. Although not everyone will give the CD road up but it will spread people out more to have 2 congested roads and there will be less congestion. The other parts of the map deserve to be explored.

2 hours ago, McclaudEagle said:

I have just one question: Why on Earth would you want to encourage what happens on the C-D Road somewhere else?

If you find the C-D Road is getting boring for you, then I have a very simply solution; stop driving on it. There are plenty of areas throughout the map that are busy enough that you're never alone, but not so busy that it's like a game of Mad Max, such as Scandinavia and reworked sections of Germany. Having the C-D Road remain the busiest one in the game is great because it means all the madness and toxicity can stay there and not infect everywhere else.

I have mostly stopped driving on it actually and do drive in reworked Germany mostly and probably about 70-80% of people who drive there are good drivers. I just want there to be a new congested road since CD road has been like this for years and I think it's time to change it up for once.

• 2 weeks later...

The thing with the Calais-Duisburg road is that it is a major artery road that likes northern France and west Germany directly and so a lot of traffic uses this road to get around, especially if the alternatives include boring empty motorways and toll booths. 

That being said, honestly there is no need for another C-D road, one is bad enough, especially when you get people who treat it as a great places to do 80-100 MPH everywhere. 

Keep C-D as is and leave other “potential” choke roads alone. It’s unnecessary and the “fun” will wear off after a while like it has with C-D. 

If i would need to pick i'll go for option 3, although... I don't really see the point in it. I think Calais-Duisburg is a good fit for being a busy road. Many other roads would block off entire cities. Calais-Duisburg blocks mostly the intersection. Besides Duisburg, it is a perfect road for being what it is :p

• 2 weeks later...

Archived