Speed limiter turn on itself

wille1jo

Question

im getting sick off this speedlimiter thing ive checked everything config files, settings, no wot contract nothing works. as soon as i connect to the server my speed limiter switches from on to off and i dont know why. i have a 600 horse power engine and im playing on europe 2 what tha f**k do i do im actually getting angry and actually wanna punch something. 

10 answers to this question

Hello there

You can disable the speedlimiter in the normal Game settings or in the Tab Settings in game by pressing the Tab then right mouse click and then you should see somewhere Speedlimiter, if you have both diabled and no WoT Trailer and you play on EU2 it should be able to drive to max. 150 km/h

I hope i could help you ;) 

Kind regards

Hello there,

Please follow this steps:

• Disable the speed limiter in the TruckersMP tab menu YmU3ODY3MGYyNTM.png
  • Also any speed on External Contracts can not go more than 90 km/h. 

Step 2:

• Just open C:\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profiles\ and navigate into the folder of your current profile.
  • Open 'config.cfg' with a Text Editor, search for the line "uset g_use_speed_limiter" and make sure to put a "0" next to it.
  • Then save and close the config-file and check if your speed limiter keeps disabled now.

With all respect,

Gainer

Hello @wille1jo,

Let me explain to you how speed limit works on TruckersMP.
If you're on EU1 there's the speed limit 60-110km/h everywhere and It doesn't matter where you are, without cargo or with cargo, you'll still have the speed limit 60-110km/h.

Now about EU2, EU3, and EU4. First of all, you need to turn off Speed Limit in GamePlay settings of the game. If you drive in the city your speed limit will be 80km/h but just when you go outside the city you'll be able to drive with the speed limit 150km/h.

It also depends on your cargo. If you take cargo from External Contracts your speed limit will be 90km/h everywhere out of the city but if you take any other type of cargo you'll be able to drive 150km/h outside the city.

Kind Regards,
BL4CK$K1LL
TruckersMP Support

• Like 1

if external contracts is only the contracts from WOT then know i havent taken them i linked my acc for no reason is there any way to unlinked your WOT from your acc and second of all i dont understnad why speedlimitern turn on in the lobby settings. I Checked my tab settings and turn it off. the speed limiter is off on the tab settings but on on the lobby settings But if the road is tilting downwords my speed can go up to 130km so... does that mean that my truck is just slow or something?

16 minutes ago, wille1jo said:

if external contracts is only the contracts from WOT then know i havent taken them i linked my acc for no reason is there any way to unlinked your WOT from your acc and second of all i dont understnad why speedlimitern turn on in the lobby settings. I Checked my tab settings and turn it off. the speed limiter is off on the tab settings but on on the lobby settings But if the road is tilting downwords my speed can go up to 130km so... does that mean that my truck is just slow or something?

Not necessarily. The speed limiter prevents you from speeding up by throttle, but not by physics. You also do not need to unlink your WOT account for this to work, you just need to make sure you're not undertaking any external contracts at this moment in time. If you turned off the setting in the tab menu, are outside city limits, are not undertaking any external contracts and are playing on any server that is not server 1, then it should work fine and you should be able to at least throttle up as fast as your truck is capable of.

Does it only happen in TruckersMP? Is it only when taking a trailer? From what I can understand, the speed limiter in the game menu settings is enabled, but is it in a darker grey?

If you don't wish to take on an External Contract (World of Trucks), you can take Freight Market, Cargo Market (owned trailers only), or Quick Jobs. If the list is empty or nearly empty, you can sleep at any parking places or quick travel to another garage which will update the list.

KkdaC1b.png

Hello There!

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply. Because of inactivity, i will have to move  this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you still have any questions about this ,feel free to DM me or our support team members, we  will open this again.

Thanks for all participation!
Thank you for your understanding!

//Locked and Moved to Inactive

Kind Regards,
96AV

TruckersMP Game Moderator

The best way to predict your future is to create it.

Hello There!

Since this topic has been inactive for 2 more days , i will move this topic to Unsolved Topics.

If you still need any help

1. you can send me dm
  2. create a new topic
  3. contact us directly by submitting a support ticket. 

https://www.truckersmp.com/support 

//Locked and Moved to Unsolved

• Like 1

Kind Regards,
96AV

TruckersMP Game Moderator

The best way to predict your future is to create it.