Traffic Officers - A reassessment

Suggestion Name: Traffic Officers - A reassessment 

Suggestion Description: 

Traffic officers are something that is frequently suggested, but are often misunderstood as a players trying to fast track to becoming admins. However, I believe that recent developments in the game have made it possible for traffic officers to be a useful addition to TMP.

Firstly, I would like you to forget any ideas that traffic officers would perform the functions of admins, they will not. I believe that traffic officers would be highly effective using the special transport van, if the development team can find a way for the matrix board to work. If this is possible, the traffic officers would patrol around, and when they come across and accident / congestion, they will stop at the side of the road, a short distance ahead, and use the matrix board to display a warning to approaching traffic. Traffic officers could also be given training to allow them to carry out single lane closure, on dual carriageways / motorways, or perform rolling road blocks (if you don't know what it is please Google it before you comment about it) to slow the traffic down, for the purposes of easing congestion. In the rare event that a full closure is needed, a TMP manager could give authorization to traffic officers to perform this function, thus allowing admins to continue with normal duties. It may also be beneficial for traffic officers to be able to teleport players to services, in order to clear a traffic jam.

To answer any concerns about trolls and the abuse of these limited powers, normal TMP recruitment procedures would be used, as they are for forum moderators, etc.

Any example images: 

N/A

Why should it be added?:

The implementation of this role, would ensure that congestion and accidents are kept to a minimum, and that the flow of traffic is not disrupted. This role, in certain circumstances, help to free up admins for more important duties. 

• Upvote 3
  • HaulieLove 3
  • True Story 1

• 8 months later...

Hello,

First of all, thank you for taking your time, writing this suggestion.  It shows that you care about this community and it's future! 

Unfortunately I have to inform you that this suggestion and has been already proposed  before and is on our "Frequently Suggested Things" list,  which can be found here: 

Because of that,  I'll be rejecting this suggestion, to keep our forum organized. 

If you'll have any further questions, don't hesitate to send me a private message! 

Thanks,  

Chris[PL] TruckersMP Community Moderator

//Rejected

• Confused 1

banner