What should I do? Truck Accident In Front of Me

[TWGC] - Jass PD

:excl:*I am from Taiwan, a country in Asia, so my English is not good, please forgive me.*:excl:

I have been driving trucks at TrucksMP for almost 5 years, and I have encountered the situation in the video today.

I was driving at the same speed as the truck in front, and suddenly stopped when he hit the car in front.

I hit the brakes and turned to the side to prevent the collision. The truck in the opposite lane hits me directly.

Everyone said to report me. I feel that I have somewhere wrong.

I would like to ask you what will you do when you encounter this situation?:thinking:

*The sound of the video is recorded in the microphone, so you can hear the sound of the Logitech G27 and I hit the brakes.*

Since you went into the opposite lane, I'd say you're at fault for that massive crash happening over there. 

If I would encounter something like this when I am driving myself, I'd just try to brake and hope for the best. Smashing into the back of the truck in front of you was probably a better option if you ask me.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

8 minutes ago, Pillow_ said:

Since you went into the opposite lane, I'd say you're at fault for that massive crash happening over there. 

I thought about this idea when I wrote this article, but according to human instinct and driving experience in the real world, I will unconsciously turn the steering wheel to prevent collision.

Thanks to Community Manager for replying

I thought about this idea when I wrote this article, but according to human instinct and driving in the real world, I will unconsciously turn the steering wheel to prevent collision.

If people do report you, I'm not sure whether a Game Moderator will ban you for this or not. 

If I can give you one advice, it would be to drive in some calmer areas to prevent situations like this one from happening. It will give you some scenery to look at, and of course no bans, unless you break other rules.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

Most answers have been there.

The best way is to tune your brake intensity, to train your reflexes in slamming brakes without Steering when facing similar accident there. And make a better judgement to keep a sufficient distance to allow yourself to brake and stop right behind the stopped vehicle in front.

This is taught by every qualified driving instructor, very important.

You should always assume the vehicle in front will lag or crash in the next second.

Good luck and safe drive.

Human nature is hard to shake and sometimes out of our control. I think the best approach to that situation would have been to remain in your lane and hope for the best. However, since you went into the on-coming lane... You would've been at fault for the second accident. But like I said... Sometimes human nature is hard to ignore when it comes to situations such as this one! Also, I would increase my following distance. You were exactly 3 seconds behind that truck. I would say keep a distance of at least 6-7 seconds. The best way to judge distance is by counting the length of time it takes to get to a object that the truck in front just passed. For example, my reference mark for your video is the first sign on the overpass just before the crash. As soon as he/she pass it, I started my count and stopped as soon as you got to the sign. It was 3 seconds. Not enough time to stop at the rate of travel and your brake adjustment. I hope this help you and anyone else that may encounter a situation like this.  

647122462_NewBanner.jpg.82c9c4d67a006b4db2f6122ce7c100b1.jpg

Always turn into right not left. Even there are barriers, it will reduce your speed. This is not real life so no need to prevent a collision which is not your fault. Just hit the back of the trailer in front of you next time :) If you get banned you can appeal with this video and try your chance. One more advice is keeping your distance in C-D road. 

Hello!

There's always a distance between me and the player in front of me. And I keep this distance. If there was something like that on the video, I hit the back of the truck. It's dangerous to cross the against lane.

Have a nice day!

Don't try to be different. just be good. To be good is different enough.

Saygılarımla              - Best regards       

-Silent Death_53        - Silent Death_53             

TruckersMP

Once my friend got banned for not stopping and hitting directly, he couldnt stop as he was driving a skoda and he got banned for ramming. The move you made wasnt intentional and you shouldnt be banned as in real life people try to avoid hitting while braking. I mean your video explains the situation, next time adjust "g_brake_intensity 5" in console. It will make you stop easily. I use keyboard and mouse, i can easily stop with a skoda in just 2 to 4 seconds. You are using pedal so it will not let you stop fast if you dont press brake pedal all the way

When you driving over Calais - Duisburg road , I'm recommend you give your brake on maximum , but you must can learn with it , because the brake is then very sensitive..

Of course , you should have a some keep distance by the player , you do not know anytime , when he will get a some lag/or stuck :) 

:tmp:

For me , It isn't on ban :O  , you were wanted only avoid the crash.

But next time , be carefull :) 

Have a nice day 

----- Dark_Owl_ ----- 

Personally, I'd hit the brakes but stay in the lane. I usually to my best to avoid hitting anyone, even sacrificing my self just so I won't cause an accident. This happened recently to me as I was going a bit fast and the trucks infront of my were going slow so instead of ramming the slow moving trucks, I decided to go to the other side of the road on the grass but then this guy was recording and reported me for Inappropriate Overtaking and Reckless Driving. I was banned (for 3 days supposedly) but I appealed the ban stating that I was just avoiding everyone else and causing an accident. I also am used to looking at the gps/map to see players at all times as well as my blindspots just so I know if there is someone there.

Video: 

76561198136394601.png

// Isaiah Wijesekara | Philippines | Former [ETRVTC] Driver | TMP ID 10832 \\

// [TPH] Truckers Philippines | Member Since November 15, 2014 | TrucksBook \\

image.png.3a469fc6c20225a7608e8705bb8150c5.png|image.png.9dd78c47b8aceb13f4907f4d2d669585.png|image.png.744ced8a4ea99071cd7af3b1892ef168.png|image.png.7e3bb40469f591d1f01db0bb788244ff.png|image.png.2575f58f66623c27724459bd2538fcf1.png|image.png.b185e69ecf1956dd8d073810c550ade5.png|image.png.d2d3099e2a60bcb9e4916e09413dfa8a.png

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey

Maybe you should drive to the right , you hit the barrieres and reduce your speed.

It was a short time reaction, so it wasn't that wrong but you caused another crash.

For the next time I would like to share you my technic for that situations:

- Brake with your pedals and hand brake

- drive to the right [in the UK to the left ;)]

--> maybe you crash your front man but that isn't that  bad as crashing the trucks on the other lane

---> hope for the best ;)

have many good and save tours

Onkel_Alexx

Archived