The fastest 150 km/h truck.

Kanieski

It depends, are you driving with or without a trailer?

With a trailer its the Volvo 750hp engines. (More top power)

Without a trailer its the Scania 730hp V8 engines. (Higher range of usable torque)

Depends how you are shifting more than the engines once you get either of those engines, if you are using an h-shifter the 12 speed can be faster than the 6 speed, but if you are using automatic/sequential the 6 speed is faster.

Then theres also the Michelin tires DLC, which has bigger (and smaller) tires.

The chassis with more axles just have more weight, but more weight also means more momentum..so thats up to you.

(Plus the 4x2 chassis has double the fuel of the 6x chassis options)

Not exactly. More axles mean more grip for the truck, with additional powered axles allowing more of your truck's torque to be put on the road. This applies to both gaining speed and to using transmission/engine brakes. Now, it is true that 8x4/6x4 chassis is heavier than a 4x2, but the increased weight, traction, and length does make it behave better past 90 kph and a better fit for any cargo past 20 tons as the weight can be better balanced. The various 6x2 axle configurations allow for either better trailer control (midlifts) or to cut turning radius at low speeds (taillift) which do have their uses, but not for being that person who flies past me at 150.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

You shouldn't use the 8x4 for very small/light loads. Its terrible on fuel economy, slower than all the other options because of its weight, and the gain in stability isn't really high enough for the usefulness of it. Should really only use it for trailers that are 35t or more, because its weight allows it to much better handle those trailers.

Plus, it looks a bit ridiculous on normal trailers and trailers that aren't carrying a heavy cargo.

2 hours ago, Kanieski said:

So, when i don''t even have heavy cargo pack/ special transport dlc's i shouldn't even bother to buy 8x4 truck?

As already mentioned before, a 8x4 truck makes only sense if you driving with a really heavy cargo (30-35t+). However, if you would own the Heavy Cargo Pack there are a few cargos like the train which are clearly over 35 tons. But I think that there are also standard cargos which pass this weight. 

I hope I could help you :)

Best regards

Niklas200215

• 2 weeks later...

Hello;

As your topic has been inactive for over 14 days, we are archiving your topic. Due to the fact our forums are a busy place, we archive topics that are inactive for 2 weeks to help keep just those topics that are truly active for our community.

If you have any further questions or comments, or wish for your topic to be unarchived don't be afraid to contact me. 

//Moved to Archive

Archived