When you are overtaking do you use the left or right/middle lane?

Dynoro

Overtaking to the left and always keep driving in the right lane. Exepect in th UK where they drive in the left side of the road.

As far as I can I am following this guide 

i just ram them out of the way

na i dont overtake cos they usually go way faster than me

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

https://discord.gg/jgJ326p

The left lane is used for passing only. If you are getting passed on the right, you should be in that lane. In 6 lane highways, the center is typically used for thru traffic, but seeing as how there is no real traffic its just an intermediary passing lane.

Its reversed for the UK but operates the same.

27 minutes ago, Chickin said:

The left lane is used for passing only. If you are getting passed on the right, you should be in that lane. In 6 lane highways, the center is typically used for thru traffic, but seeing as how there is no real traffic its just an intermediary passing lane.

Its reversed for the UK but operates the same.

Ok so if i am taking a left turn 400m  down the road i need to be in the right lane? Not really. I use the right lane when i'm not overtaking. 

If you are turning left in a few moments (so you stick to the left), and somebody passes you using the right lane, then everything is as it should be. Actually, for as long as overtaking doesn't affect your gameplay, it's unpunishable.

1 minute ago, Dynoro said:

Ok so if i am taking a left turn 400m  down the road i need to be in the right lane? Not really. I use the right lane when i'm not overtaking. 

Depends on the road. If you come to an intersection with no left turn lane (say, a city zone), you want to be in that lane. If there is a dedicated left turn lane, you should be in that lane.

But on the open road? You belong in the right, always. Basically any road thats running over 60 on the gps is where that applies. Otherwise youre just asking to get rammed.

Here where i am from (irl) you should change lane atleast 400m before you are going to the left forexample. I think it really depends on the country to be fair, the only reason i do it is so i dont cut pepole off.

1 minute ago, Chickin said:

Depends on the road. If you come to an intersection with no left turn lane (say, a city zone), you want to be in that lane. If there is a dedicated left turn lane, you should be in that lane.

But on the open road? You belong in the right, always. Basically any road thats running over 60 on the gps is where that applies. Otherwise youre just asking to get rammed.

In Europe(except Britain island due to traffic flow side difference); all drivers have to stick to lane 1(if we count from right).

If you want to overtake someone, who is driving in 1st lane, you can merge to 2nd lane. 

Another situation, if highway exit is from 1st lane then you can merge to 2nd lane as well. 

If someone goes in 2nd lane, then overtaking must be from 3rd lane, if 3rd lane exists. If 3rd lane does not exist then you have to wait the front of vehicle' merging back to 1st lane. 

Overtaking cannot be done from right side in Europe.

In Britain island, counting is from left, all other things are similar. All drivers have to stick to 1st lane(counting starts from left side). Overtakings are from 2nd or 3rd lane. Noone can overtake from left side.

TruckersMP Retired Team Member  EN/TR

Just now, Dynoro said:

Here where i am from (irl) you should change lane atleast 400m before you are going to the left forexample. I think it really depends on the country to be fair, the only reason i do it is so i dont cut pepole off.

You definitely want to gradually merge into the lane, versus a rapid shift, but just loitering there is typically a no-no. Locally to meIRL , there is a left exit 1mi after a right exit. I will travel that 1mi in the left lane because thats where my exit is and waiting longer could cause an accident or cause me to miss the ramp. It really all depends on the situation.

1 minute ago, Chickin said:

You definitely want to gradually merge into the lane, versus a rapid shift, but just loitering there is typically a no-no. Locally to meIRL , there is a left exit 1mi after a right exit. I will travel that 1mi in the left lane because thats where my exit is and waiting longer could cause an accident or cause me to miss the ramp. It really all depends on the situation.

Agreed

in the states, all trucks must remain in the right most lane, unless if they are passing a slower car or truck, or if they are making a left turn. then must move back into the right lane. this doesnt apply to 2 lane city streets. also if there is a solid yellow line, it means do not pass. which is usually found near corners and areas that you cant see on coming traffic.

Watch this clip of a delivery I made yesterday afternoon. I stick to the furthest right lane as long as possible unless I have to overtake. I never undertake unless it's absolutely necessary.

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

When i overtake it's on the left side in Europe and on the right side in the UK. But mostly i barly overtake, because i mostly drive 80 km/h and you arn't allowed to drive faster if you follow the RL truck traffic rules in EU. The other people i encounter are either driving 90 km/h or have their truck speedlimit disabled and are acting like their truck is some short of racecar.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived