Jump to content
MattTM

World of Trucks: One Truck Event

Recommended Posts

Hey guys!

 

Wanted to make this topic to ask how much of the World of Trucks event have you done so far?
Unfortunately, I haven't had enough time to make a start.

 

Have you been involved with the traffic in and around Paris as well? If you were, how was your experience?

Feel free to use this forum topic to share some of your clips from the event as well :D 

 

Looking forward to your comments!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was pretty happy to see these new trailers, I've already finished 1 job from the event, I started online and when I was near Paris I just turned off lights to get kicked and finish the job faster. Then, when I went back online I started the job again from the other city and when I went through 500km and was close to Paris I lagged pretty hard, my truck started going left by itself and I flipped, so yeah, that's awesome start for me :D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got to do my first job for this event, went on at off-peak hours on EU3 so not too much traffic at all :D

 

Spoiler

0mGqOvK.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So far I've done all 10, 95% of them in single player as the first one I was doing traffic was a tad......busy :unsure:

 

Now I'm just waiting on the 4 other places to unlock then I'm completely done. :)

Edited by [ST-LH] The Englishman
Missing comma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well... I've finished 1 load so far... Tried getting from Mannheim to Paris 2 times and got pushed on the slip road both times so the trailer flew over the fence and I had to go to the garage... I'm never logging in to EU#2 again.:mellow:

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't realise until today that the destination is the same for 3 days.  I think the folks who decided this should change it to all destinations because of the absolute chaos in Paris.  It was a chaotic mess of people beeping constantly, disgusting language, pushing others out of the way and just a big mess.

 

And, on the two runs I've made so far I didn't see another person with the Truck delivery for the event, they were all normal trailers, so I don't know why that was?  Did they all just jump on the bandwagon to troll or what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well. I got rammed, destroying hours of work in Paris, threatened by admins. I got forced to use f7 + enter since I got flipped by another player (who was found not guilty by mods) and this canceled my load so I had to start over.
This is a disaster and I am sorry to say that I am seriously disappointed in the way the moderator team is handling the situation.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Emil_E3l said:

Well. I got rammed, destroying hours of work in Paris, threatened by admins. I got forced to use f7 + enter since I got flipped by another player (who was found not guilty by mods) and this canceled my load so I had to start over.
This is a disaster and I am sorry to say that I am seriously disappointed in the way the moderator team is handling the situation.

 

Yep, I completely see where you're coming from.  Last night there was no Mod that I could see, today there was, they seemed to be solo and nothing was being done.  They were saying something about Event loads not being synced which made no sense to me whatsoever.  It's those of us who drive normally who end up with cancelled loads and wrecked trucks.

 

I don't understand why others who don't need to be there are piling in.  It's just going to be the same with each city they pick, so watch out Bratislava tomorrow!

10 hours ago, S p a r k i e said:

I've done three trips, sat through 2 of them in traffic and the other one I had to go to SP because my game was crashing from all the players!

 

Now I was wondering if I could do it through SP, I couldn't remember if External Contracts worked in SP, it's been a few months since I played.  That may solve the issue for those of us who are driving normally, so we can avoid the idiots!  I never thought of that.

4 hours ago, LiJoAlSj said:

Well... I've finished 1 load so far... Tried getting from Mannheim to Paris 2 times and got pushed on the slip road both times so the trailer flew over the fence and I had to go to the garage... I'm never logging in to EU#2 again.:mellow:

 

I stopped EU#2 back in December, the cars are dumb.  I only play EU#3, but even that was crazy busy in Paris... normally it's quiet and the drivers I come across are 99% good, there's still the odd idiot but way less than Eu#2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, di9girl said:

 

Yep, I completely see where you're coming from.  Last night there was no Mod that I could see, today there was, they seemed to be solo and nothing was being done.  They were saying something about Event loads not being synced which made no sense to me whatsoever.  It's those of us who drive normally who end up with cancelled loads and wrecked trucks.

I totally agree, the thing about event loads not being synced is something that I hope they are working hard (and fast) on because it's a disaster at the moment.
To conclude, y'all find me playing the event on EU#4 [No collision] ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, I haven't made progress in the World of Trucks Event until now but I will try to begin in the next few days. Maybe also the traffic is then less congested in some areas :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have done all 10 jobs in about 2 days. Yes, I was annoyed by traffic and stuff like that, but it was nice :D

Btw, can someone explain to me how to get 5 different destinations to receive other stuff? I tried everything but it was useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The event is good fun and its great to see all the servers busy. Its not just the delivery city but seems to be along all the routes from the pick ups.

 

The downside is that it was clearly designed forgetting about TMP as its absolute carnage at the delivery points. People can be so toxic!

 

So rather than sitting for 2 hours in a queue I logged out and dropped onto EU4 with the intention of just the delivery cities. However, even EU4 is really busy and no jams! (although it does take some getting used to when people drive straight through you haha)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I already finished the first part of the event and got the blue ETRC cap. I did half of the event in single player and other half in EU 4 as it seemed impossible to enter Paris in EU1 and EU2 :D Now, I'll do the second part which is delivering cargo to 5 different locations. I hope TMP makes an update and we can see other players' trailers too :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, andy Suter said:

The event is good fun and its great to see all the servers busy. Its not just the delivery city but seems to be along all the routes from the pick ups.

 

The downside is that it was clearly designed forgetting about TMP as its absolute carnage at the delivery points. People can be so toxic!

 

So rather than sitting for 2 hours in a queue I logged out and dropped onto EU4 with the intention of just the delivery cities. However, even EU4 is really busy and no jams! (although it does take some getting used to when people drive straight through you haha)

 

I made 1 delivery to Bratislava about an hour ago, it's carnage.  As you say people are just toxic.  I kept getting hit from behind, I was just like "really?  What's the point?".

 

I did try EU4 yesterday to make a delivery to Paris, that was weird.  Never been on that server before.  I still drove properly but as you say it's something you have to get used to when people drive right through you lol.  I wouldn't dream of doing that apart from in the pick-up/delivery points where you can in the no collision areas.

 

I tried SP but the game wouldn't load.  I got the screen where you can alter mods, or you just click "continue" so I hit continue but the game disappeared and it went back to my desktop saying there was an error.  Yet I can play MP fine.

On 3/24/2019 at 6:37 PM, Jiggie said:

I have done all 10 jobs in about 2 days. Yes, I was annoyed by traffic and stuff like that, but it was nice :D

Btw, can someone explain to me how to get 5 different destinations to receive other stuff? I tried everything but it was useless.

 

Destinations change every 3 days.  Last 3 were Paris, next 3 Bratislava (now), Ancona on 28 March, Poznan on 31 March, Brussel on 3 April, Oslo 6 April, Manchester 9 April, St. Petersburg 12 April, Budapest 15 April, Le Mans 18 April, Geneve 21 April, Helsinki 24 April, Milano 27 April, Hannover 30 April and finally London 3 May.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i tried 2 jobs in EU2 , never again... , job was a 17houre drive , when i got at my 2hour left i got rammed an flipped so yeh forced to f7 and cancel the job :/ , second time pretty much the same , quess i'll be going to EU3 now xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Pmuecke said:

i tried 2 jobs in EU2 , never again... , job was a 17houre drive , when i got at my 2hour left i got rammed an flipped so yeh forced to f7 and cancel the job :/ , second time pretty much the same , quess i'll be going to EU3 now xD

 

I played EU2 from when I started, but the cars and the idiots put me off so I switched to EU3.  It's certainly quieter (normally, not now because of event) but it's certainly an improvement, the drivers seem to be better outside of the event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, di9girl said:

Destinations change every 3 days.  Last 3 were Paris, next 3 Bratislava (now), Ancona on 28 March, Poznan on 31 March, Brussel on 3 April, Oslo 6 April, Manchester 9 April, St. Petersburg 12 April, Budapest 15 April, Le Mans 18 April, Geneve 21 April, Helsinki 24 April, Milano 27 April, Hannover 30 April and finally London 3 May.

I got it, thanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×