Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Merging lanes while traffic jam at events

NealCaffrey

What do you think about merging middle and right lane like people do in real life, but in MP while there is a lot of players going to one place.

This just happened today with start of new event. Admins tell they will kick for merging at last second, but still kick even if you are merging way before ramp and just wait on middle lane for someone to give place. This is stupid.

If there are 3 lanes, 2 lanes can get stuck, there is still one lane left, but you make more place at back. This way you give room to drive for people at intersections waaay before this thing takes place. They don't get stuck back there because everyone is standing in one lane upfront.

Our Game Moderators only kick people who merge incorrectly, like forcing their way in by ramming and reckless driving.

In a perfect world, everyone would follow real life traffic rules and merge correctly etc. But we all know that will not happen.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

How much of the queue did you skip though?

If the queue is 20 trucks long and you come flying along, skip 18 and then decide 'Oh, I need to merge' and block a running lane because you want to try and cut in, then you deserve the kick.

You are well aware of the reason behind the queue, it's the World of Trucks event, you know that everyone lining up is being patient and waiting their turn. What right do you have to skip ahead and go 'Screw you guys, I deserve to go to the front.'?

You, and everyone else who does it, deserve every kick they get.

It makes sense, but the ping of players wont allow it even if people didnt drive like jackholes. Moderation team running traffic control, or "hiring" a team of non-mod players to run traffic control would help immensely, but I dont think they are organized enough to do that. With the amount of players on, there should be a mod at every intersection, but quite often I see no mods anywhere especially during the early morning. And if the moderation team cant get their ducks in a straight line, 200+ players certainly wont.

18 hours ago, Chickin said:

It makes sense, but the ping of players wont allow it even if people didnt drive like jackholes. Moderation team running traffic control, or "hiring" a team of non-mod players to run traffic control would help immensely, but I dont think they are organized enough to do that. With the amount of players on, there should be a mod at every intersection, but quite often I see no mods anywhere especially during the early morning. And if the moderation team cant get their ducks in a straight line, 200+ players certainly wont.

to be fair, the mods are volunteers and likely have jobs and real life to contend with, just like the rest of us.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Dear Forum User;

As your topic has been inactive for over 14 days, we are archiving your topic. Due to the fact our forums are a busy place, we archive topics that are inactive for 2 weeks to help keep just those topics that are truly active for our community.

If you have any further questions or comments, or wish for your topic to be unarchived don't be afraid to contact me. 

//Moved to Archive

Archived