Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

random freeze/softlock after 5 mins every time i try to play multiplayer

LenniusPlays

Question

How many AI drivers have you got hired?

I've done some testing and the difference between having no AI drivers driving for you  (doing their own jobs that gives you money) and having no AI drivers is very surprising.

I would suggest saving your game and then firing your AI drivers (If you have them) and then making a separate save (so you'll not overwrite your main save) then run ETS2/TMP and see the results.  If for whatever reason it doesn't fix it then go back to your main save and the TMP community will assist you further.

@LenniusPlays One thing you haven't provided yet is the actual game log. Just make sure that it comes from the session where you experience those freezes, since the game log only keeps the data of the last session.

eDSZFlI.png

Also we can't do much with the error code of your last crash (C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION), since it is a common error code that is thrown by exceptions. There's a good explanation of the code there but I doubt it would be of any help in this scenario since we know the program of origin of the error code.

https://www.windowsbbs.com/threads/what-causes-exception-code-c0000005-access_violation.40538/

KkdaC1b.png

18 hours ago, LordBenji said:

@LenniusPlays One thing you haven't provided yet is the actual game log. Just make sure that it comes from the session where you experience those freezes, since the game log only keeps the data of the last session.

eDSZFlI.png

Also we can't do much with the error code of your last crash (C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION), since it is a common error code that is thrown by exceptions. There's a good explanation of the code there but I doubt it would be of any help in this scenario since we know the program of origin of the error code.

https://www.windowsbbs.com/threads/what-causes-exception-code-c0000005-access_violation.40538/

https://pastebin.com/GrWziNhe last time i played was the 28th since then i have given up on this game tbf but if i can fix it that would be good. and id probably play again. edit: i bought ATS and the same thing is happening there too.

19 hours ago, LenniusPlays said:

https://pastebin.com/GrWziNhe last time i played was the 28th since then i have given up on this game tbf but if i can fix it that would be good. and id probably play again. edit: i bought ATS and the same thing is happening there too.

this is a real bummer for me since i love ets2 and  i dont play anything else really. the thing that makes me angry is that it worked before perfectly fine.

Hello :) 

Have you tried playing game with other profiles ?

It may caused by your profile

You can download some here:

Spoiler

Also try these:

Solution 1:

Open Documents

ETS2

Profiles

Which profıle you use is that proceeding profıt

Open confıg

Chance  (g_save_format "0'') to (g_save_format "2")

Solution 2:

Step 1. 
Right click your 'Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer' / 'American Truck Simulators Multiplayer' .exe file, whether it be the shortcut on the desktop or actual file and then click properties.

Step 2.
If you right clicked it's shortcut, make sure you clicked the shortcut tab.
If you clicked the .exe file, make sure you are on the general tab.
You should see a section say: (   Target: "C:\Program Files\TruckersMP\launcher_ets2mp.exe"   ) OR it's custom install path. (Minus the brackets)
What you need to do is on the end of it, add: (   -homedir C:\Users\Michael\Documents\ETS2MP   ) 
It should look something like: (   Target: "C:\Program Files\TruckersMP\launcher_ets2mp.exe" -homedir C:\Users\Michael\Documents\ETS2MP ) If you understand what the -homedir fuction does, feel welcome to change it

Solution 3:

1. Right click ETS 2 in steam

2. Select 'Launch with OpenGL'

3. Let the game run and try going into game.

4. Exit the game and go back to steam, right click ETS 2 again but this time select 'Launch with DirectX (64-Bit)

5. Again go into game and then exit.

6. Start TruckersMP up and see if the game stops crashing

@LenniusPlays Is it possible that the cause of the lag would be due to missing DLC? Here's the one you have according to the log:

• Going east
  • Mighty griffin
  • Scandinavia (north)
  • Wheel tuning pack
  • Rocket league
  • Cabin accessories
  • High power cargo pack
I have noticed that it was trying to load parts and/or trailers from other DLC not mentioned in that list. Here's some DLC it refers to:
  • Schwarzmüller trailer pack
  • Krone trailer pack
  • Raven truck design
  • Heavy cargo pack
Out of curiosity, does it happen in single player at all? If so, you may need a new clean profile. If it happens on multiplayer only, maybe you can buy some of these DLC.

KkdaC1b.png

Hello There!

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.
Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.
If you still have any questions about this, feel free to DM me or our support team members, we will open this again.
Thanks to all for participation!

//Locked and Moved to Inactive