Hot topic #15: Washington DLC and new ETS DLC teased

Prime

Hello everyone!

SCS have been throwing out presents at all of us lately with more teasers of the upcoming Washington state DLC for ATS and e few days ago a teaser on a new map expansion for ETS.

What do you think about what has been shown in those teasers and what those new DLCs will contain?

Discuss it all in this topic!

• Like 4

Regards
Prime
Service & Data Analyst

As far as I know, SCS mentioned on their latest streams that they're working hard on a new ETS2 Map DLC which will be the biggest one and they confirmed that it's not Portugal and Spain. Since the only biggest part of Europe which is close to the main map ETS2 has is Balkan territory I'm pretty sure that's Balkan DLC and that confirms the fact that it will be the biggest DLC as Balkan territory contains lots of countries and a really huge territory.

Washington seems to be a good DLC because I really enjoy off-road and just the places where are not that boring casual roads, so I guess I will purchase that DLC as well ^_^

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

That should be an excellent DLC:wub:

ATS) Washington

1. First in ATS: ferry crossing:

picture from blog(5)  - a place in the real world: Coupeville(Terminal), Waszyngton

Spoiler

c2UlcbQ.png

ASmD7kc.png

lByHlZC.jpg

screen shots made by me

2. It looks fine:

picture from blog(3)  - a place in the real world: Canoe Pass Bridge 

3. In addition - this road look impressive: 

Spoiler

004.jpg

ETS 2) Romania, Bulgaria,...

We still do not know how many countries will be in this DLC. Previous photos and video (teasers) testify to these two countries.  I personally expect a larger area than two countries.

Will certainly be specific traffic: A Road to Somewhere New

• Like 1

I’m really looking forward to Washington joining us on ATS. From the teasers, it looks amazing and those new logging roads look sick. They kinda remind me of those from Extreme Trucker 1 & 2. 

I’m really hoping that we get the Kenworth factory in Washington. That alone, would be awesome. But either way, I am getting this as soon as it comes out.

• Upvote 1

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

• Project Manager

Well I as people have already said I reckon its the Romania, Bulgaria area they are designing but with SCS who knows... As per they are keeping it close to their chests.

Safe Trucking

• HaulieLove 1

Kind Regards,

Whitelodge

spacer.png | spacer.png

Event Request | Event Calendar | Feedback | Events

Before giving my opinion.
Sorry, English is not my native language. I use translator.

Opinion:
I can only talk about the DLC ETS 2.
My Brazilian compatriots who know English and accompany SCS Software TV, when presenting shows, said that during Christmas / New Year they made the "hidden friend".
And they took the Christmas bag, lots of clues about the DLC.
What caught their attention was Dracula's doll.

I can speak as a geographer.
The Balkans are an undetermined region, not specific, their boundaries have polemics and confusion, simply the geographic community and political leaders do not understand, either, this delimitation.

Balkan_topo_en.jpg

Balcans Mountains - reality.

Balkangebirge_Balkan_topo_de.jpg

Wikipedia.

The Balkan Mountains lie between Serbia and Bulgaria and we can delimit it by the river Morava and the river Vardar (cross Northern Macedonia or Skopje as some call the country), part of this country. The Greek border would be the natural delimiter because it is a border in the mountains. To the south of this border is the true region of Macedonia, which is Greece. The Turkish border actually delimits another small important historical region: Thrace, once land of Greece.
So when you talk about the Balkans, what is your kind of Balkan region?
* Ethnic geography> Slavs: Yugoslavia + Bulgaria.
* Specific physical geography?> Balkan Mountains (part of Servia, Bulgaria, northern part of Macedonia)
* Geographic Peninsular physical?> Map displayed (parts of Slovenia, Croatia, Romania and all others)
* Political Geography?> Map that covers Romania, Moldova and all others, independent of Physical Geography.

While: British Isles, Scandinavia, Baltic countries are well delimited, this region of the Balkans is not.

Strictly speaking, it should include all of the former Yugoslavia, ALBANIA, BULGARIA, GREECE and the Turkish part of Europe. This is by physical criteria.
 By cultural criteria of ethnic and cultural homogeneity of having populations with common relations as: Language and religion, widely used historically in European geography, the Balkans would be only countries of population ESLAVIANOS. Albania, Greece, Romania, Turkey and Moldova would be excluded.

However, others in geography say that the Balkans should embrace a greater cultural and geographical criterion. The Balkans would not only be the great mountainous region of the Slavs, but would be a peninsula, a larger area and when we analyze, comprises the south of Ukraine, near ODESSA, and comprised half of Romania, a fraction of Moldova, whole Serbia, clear; all of Albania, Greece and the Turkish side in Europe.

SCS it seems that the DLC will be in this last category of regionalization.

1st Dracula shown at the Christmas event: Romania.

2nd official SCS: "Great map at all times DLC for ETS 2."
The biggest country in the game is FRANCE: 643,801 km²

Pay attention:
Yugoslavia: 255,950 km²
Romania: 238,397 km²
Bulgaria: 110,994 km²
Greece: 131,957 km²

(* Islands of Greece - 21 461 km²)

(** Greece - not islands: 110,
496 km² ) Moldova: 33,844 km²
Albania: 28 748 km²
Turkey: 22 764 km²

---------------------

Total: 822,654 km²

-------------------

Balkans -21,461 islands Greece = 801, 197 km² Balcans map.

Balcas01.png

The Teaser video: It has the background of the Orthodox church, majority religion in the Balkans, music, Bulgarian players claim to have a typical instrument of their culture, the subject in the wagon, can be very common.
Particularly in documentaries that I have already noticed that exist in the region of Transylvania and Yugoslavia (region), Bulgarian players claim to be common in their country, which is very rural.
As we know large gypsy population in the Balkan region and use wagon.
 Undoubtedly, the DLC will pick up these regions. Maybe it's not Istanbul, but Turkey and all the other countries. We will also see part of Ukraine. As SCS software knows, maps are not delimited at the edges, but take physical criteria into account.

I do not know if the Greek islands and the ferries will be there and the neighboring Turkish coast of Asia. Because, they make maps of the archipelagos and their islands and are more laborious and are not all of adequate size. Crete might be, Rhodes.

Cyprus is a mystery, perhaps ... Culturally it is Europe, but it is physically ASIA. But part of the EU
E has ferries between Greece and Cyprus, Cyprus and Israel.

But from this point on Cyprus is speculation. Israel is not yet on the map, only on Asia Truck Simulator.

So, the theme should be what can we expect to see in this DLC from the Balkans?

JEZkA1C.jpg

Istanbul, we need to talk about the metropolis.
There is good side and bad side to appear in the next DLC.
The good thing is that it would be a great attraction on the map and Turkish players are a large community of consumers and loyal to ETS2.
The downside is that if you allow on the map the bridges and tunnels next to the ruin of Asia, in my opinion the mystery of going to Asia without first solving the rest of Europe; Arctic, Iceland, Iberia, Ukraine, Russia, Caucasus. But seeing these points with the "xxxx" barriers would stimulate the imagination and the desire to see the beyond.

And here among us. That means the next DLC after the Balkans is already at work. In theory, it will be Iberia.

An easier map to make and should include Ireland, possibly parts of Wales. There are strong cultural links.

The Iberians are descendants of Celts, Celts these days would be Irish, Welsh and Shy.

Scotland would part in because of ferries to Belfast.

The other part we can see in the article DLC, there is reason, I suppose for the map to gain scale and the Faroe Islands arise, to be able to have a ferries from Scotland, and others to Norway and that to Iceland and Denmark.

The first DLC in Asia should have access from Turkey and Instambl to vehicular traffic.

In the Asia Truck Simulator - 1° DLC, is possible:

Russia ( Urals - Ekateriburg)

Iran 

IRAN_map.jpg
Iran map Mod

Turkmenistan

Kyrgyzstan.

Tajikstan

Kazakhstan / Uzbekistan

KAZAKHSTAN-% E2% 80% 93-THE-GREAT-STEPPE-V1

Ural River, Kazakhstan. Mod Map Central Asia.

And I explain, it would be like a "portal" DLC for Asia all the areas recognized as entries of Asia in the DLC: Ural River, Kazakhstan, Ekateriburg in Russia, Istanbul. It would be a gigantic DLC.

But it would be logical NEXT EXPANSION. So ... map of Siberia.

The Siberia Map will be SCSsoftware's biggest challenge as will China, India.

Edited by plinio_lisboa
Add informations
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1
  • Woah! 1

10 hours ago, ASIR [CZE] said:

Tenho certeza de que a Turquia nunca fará parte do Euro Truck Simulator.

Yes. Your country: Turkey will be at the DLC, 99.99% chance.
The big question on the map of Turkey is:
"Istanbul will be unlocked for Asia?"

I'm a micro entrepreneur. So I imagine that in Mr. Pavel's place, I am of the opinion that the bridges, tunnels must be blocked. Only after all of Europe is completed, then a DLC with the areas that allow connecting to Asia. Being the 1st map; Turkey. This would have more sales power and increase the desire to acquire DLC Turkey and stimulate the ASIA TRUCK SIMULATOR.

It's just an opinion, speculative.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Nigtwish said:

I have a question people who do not have any DLC, but first take the balkans how they can get there ?

Well I do not have a definitive answer.
  But let me know the player must have base map.
  Usually map boosters or some name like that.
They are maps that unify some DLC's, exist on Steam.
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/5555/Euro_Truck_Simulator_2_Map_Booster/

Going East.

Scandinavia.

Vive La France
Belle Italia or "Italy".
The first was the original name of the DLC, but in the end commercially on Steam is called only Italy.

There's no way you can play a DLC without one of the connective maps to the base map.

So if you want to play the map of the BALCANS, new DLC.

You must have:
1 - Base map: (Germany, Nertherland, Belgium, Swiss, Austrian, United Kingdon, part France)

2 - DLC Going East (Poland, Czech, Slovakia, Hungrary)

3 - DLC Balcans (new coming soon)

4 - DLC Italy.

Maybe having DLC Italia is another alterative for anyone who wants to play the Balkans, only.
We will perhaps see Trieste (Italy) in this DLC of the Balkans.
On map 1.33, I passed through Venice and read it on an indication plate.
Italy is a neighboring country to Slovenia, so it is another means to enter the NOVA DLC.

I'll buy the DLC's slowly one by one.
And it has Steam promotions, they help when we have little money right now. Some DLC'S and other things at a very affordable price, with discounts.

I will get the ETS2 DLC but will have to think about Washington

On 3/21/2019 at 4:44 AM, plinio_lisboa said:

Before giving my opinion.
Sorry, English is not my native language. I use translator.

Opinion:
I can only talk about the DLC ETS 2.
My Brazilian compatriots who know English and accompany SCS Software TV, when presenting shows, said that during Christmas / New Year they made the "hidden friend".
And they took the Christmas bag, lots of clues about the DLC.
What caught their attention was Dracula's doll.

I can speak as a geographer.
The Balkans are an undetermined region, not specific, their boundaries have polemics and confusion, simply the geographic community and political leaders do not understand, either, this delimitation.

Balkan_topo_en.jpg

Balcans Mountains - reality.

Balkangebirge_Balkan_topo_de.jpg

Wikipedia.

The Balkan Mountains lie between Serbia and Bulgaria and we can delimit it by the river Morava and the river Vardar (cross Northern Macedonia or Skopje as some call the country), part of this country. The Greek border would be the natural delimiter because it is a border in the mountains. To the south of this border is the true region of Macedonia, which is Greece. The Turkish border actually delimits another small important historical region: Thrace, once land of Greece.
So when you talk about the Balkans, what is your kind of Balkan region?
* Ethnic geography> Slavs: Yugoslavia + Bulgaria.
* Specific physical geography?> Balkan Mountains (part of Servia, Bulgaria, northern part of Macedonia)
* Geographic Peninsular physical?> Map displayed (parts of Slovenia, Croatia, Romania and all others)
* Political Geography?> Map that covers Romania, Moldova and all others, independent of Physical Geography.

While: British Isles, Scandinavia, Baltic countries are well delimited, this region of the Balkans is not.

Strictly speaking, it should include all of the former Yugoslavia, ALBANIA, BULGARIA, GREECE and the Turkish part of Europe. This is by physical criteria.
 By cultural criteria of ethnic and cultural homogeneity of having populations with common relations as: Language and religion, widely used historically in European geography, the Balkans would be only countries of population ESLAVIANOS. Albania, Greece, Romania, Turkey and Moldova would be excluded.

However, others in geography say that the Balkans should embrace a greater cultural and geographical criterion. The Balkans would not only be the great mountainous region of the Slavs, but would be a peninsula, a larger area and when we analyze, comprises the south of Ukraine, near ODESSA, and comprised half of Romania, a fraction of Moldova, whole Serbia, clear; all of Albania, Greece and the Turkish side in Europe.

SCS it seems that the DLC will be in this last category of regionalization.

1st Dracula shown at the Christmas event: Romania.

2nd official SCS: "Great map at all times DLC for ETS 2."
The biggest country in the game is FRANCE: 643,801 km²

Pay attention:
Yugoslavia: 255,950 km²
Romania: 238,397 km²
Bulgaria: 110,994 km²
Greece: 131,957 km²

(* Islands of Greece - 21 461 km²)

(** Greece - not islands: 110,
496 km² ) Moldova: 33,844 km²
Albania: 28 748 km²
Turkey: 22 764 km²

---------------------

Total: 822,654 km²

-------------------

Balkans -21,461 islands Greece = 801, 197 km² Balcans map.

Balcas01.png

The Teaser video: It has the background of the Orthodox church, majority religion in the Balkans, music, Bulgarian players claim to have a typical instrument of their culture, the subject in the wagon, can be very common.
Particularly in documentaries that I have already noticed that exist in the region of Transylvania and Yugoslavia (region), Bulgarian players claim to be common in their country, which is very rural.
As we know large gypsy population in the Balkan region and use wagon.
 Undoubtedly, the DLC will pick up these regions. Maybe it's not Istanbul, but Turkey and all the other countries. We will also see part of Ukraine. As SCS software knows, maps are not delimited at the edges, but take physical criteria into account.

I do not know if the Greek islands and the ferries will be there and the neighboring Turkish coast of Asia. Because, they make maps of the archipelagos and their islands and are more laborious and are not all of adequate size. Crete might be, Rhodes.

Cyprus is a mystery, perhaps ... Culturally it is Europe, but it is physically ASIA. But part of the EU
E has ferries between Greece and Cyprus, Cyprus and Israel.

But from this point on Cyprus is speculation. Israel is not yet on the map, only on Asia Truck Simulator.

So, the theme should be what can we expect to see in this DLC from the Balkans?

JEZkA1C.jpg

Istanbul, we need to talk about the metropolis.
There is good side and bad side to appear in the next DLC.
The good thing is that it would be a great attraction on the map and Turkish players are a large community of consumers and loyal to ETS2.
The downside is that if you allow on the map the bridges and tunnels next to the ruin of Asia, in my opinion the mystery of going to Asia without first solving the rest of Europe; Arctic, Iceland, Iberia, Ukraine, Russia, Caucasus. But seeing these points with the "xxxx" barriers would stimulate the imagination and the desire to see the beyond.

And here among us. That means the next DLC after the Balkans is already at work. In theory, it will be Iberia.

An easier map to make and should include Ireland, possibly parts of Wales. There are strong cultural links.

The Iberians are descendants of Celts, Celts these days would be Irish, Welsh and Shy.

Scotland would part in because of ferries to Belfast.

The other part we can see in the article DLC, there is reason, I suppose for the map to gain scale and the Faroe Islands arise, to be able to have a ferries from Scotland, and others to Norway and that to Iceland and Denmark.

The first DLC in Asia should have access from Turkey and Instambl to vehicular traffic.

In the Asia Truck Simulator - 1° DLC, is possible:

Russia ( Urals - Ekateriburg)

Iran 

IRAN_map.jpg
Iran map Mod

Turkmenistan

Kyrgyzstan.

Tajikstan

Kazakhstan / Uzbekistan

KAZAKHSTAN-% E2% 80% 93-THE-GREAT-STEPPE-V1

Ural River, Kazakhstan. Mod Map Central Asia.

And I explain, it would be like a "portal" DLC for Asia all the areas recognized as entries of Asia in the DLC: Ural River, Kazakhstan, Ekateriburg in Russia, Istanbul. It would be a gigantic DLC.

But it would be logical NEXT EXPANSION. So ... map of Siberia.

The Siberia Map will be SCSsoftware's biggest challenge as will China, India.

You couldn't have got any more in there, surely

• Upvote 1