Why do people overtake on C-D road when there are two lanes in total?

Hype [GR]

• 2 weeks later...

If the server is below at least 2500-3000 players and the player is going 80 km/h or less and/or has heavy cargo and is slow I will overtake but otherwise I always stick behind them if the server is full. If I do overtake it's going to be safe and I will be checking TAB and the map and if I see someone coming and I'm not sure I'll make it I will drop back instead of staying in the left lane. Don't want to risk being banned I would rather stay behind and play it safe. It's impossible to overtake without oncoming traffic every 5 seconds so I don't understand the logic in people they want to risk getting banned instead of being patient and having a chill drive. Also it's weird to me why people think 100+ km/h is slow. That's the speed I try to reach to reduce the people overtaking me but people still think that's slow and decide to overtake me.

As someone who comes from a rural area, I can say that there is nothing wrong with passing on a road such as the C-D. However, what people do not realize is that driving on such a road is very different to driving on a motorway. The most important things to remember on such a road is:

• Brake before the bend, not on it.
  • Do not cross solid lines.
  • Ensure you can see well ahead before you pass.
  • Ensure there is a space for you to go into once you have passed (this is a one people often forget)
  • In the unlikely event that you do meet an oncoming vehicle when overtaking, brake and go behind the vehicle you were attempting to pass. DO NOT speed up!

There is nothing wrong with passing on these roads. In fact, if you can see and the lines are dashed, you can actually take the racing line.

Side note - I don't know if this applies in ETS2, but in the UK the length of the dashed lines show how risky it is to overtake. The longer the line the more risky it is.

The C-D Road is the most dangerous and threatening road in all of ETS2 TMP. When there are only two lanes, stick to your own dedicated lane, unless indicated that you are permitted to overtake aka. only overtake when there is no one else coming from the other side of the lane and are permitted to do so, but other than that, just stick with your own lane. I avoid the C-D road at all cost because if I drove there without a dedicated trailer for a job, I would be considered as a nuisance and unnecessary traffic endangering others. So, be patient, be wary and very cautious if you drive on the C-D road. 

Mw0vH4e.png

• -Tomukas- locked and unlocked this topic

As a player who takes CD road almost everyday, it is IMPATIENCE. Drivers dont care if you have a heavy haul, a yacht or anything oversize which you must exercise extreme car while driving. I dont understand why people think its okay to overtake. I simply NEVER overtake unless there is an emergency in my lane and I know for sure that it is clear. 

I have been rammed off the road more times than I wish to count on this deadly road. It never ceases to amaze me how many idiot drivers there are on the road. 

There are some places on the road that you have permission to overtake. I think people are looking for some adrenaline :D It makes you want to play game its kind of an addiction in my opinion. I really like the chaos in the game because it seems like a real world for me:)

King Regards           

TruckersMP Translation Team

123.PNG

Ryotaink

• 2 weeks later...

Hello There;

As your topic has been inactive for over 14 days, we are archiving your topic. Due to the fact our forums are a busy place, we archive topics that are inactive for 2 weeks to help keep just those topics that are truly active for our community.

If you have any further questions or comments, or wish for your topic to be unarchived don't be afraid to contact me. :wub:

//Moved to Archive

Archived