Why do people overtake on C-D road when there are two lanes in total?

Hype [GR]

Calais - Duisburg is infamously TruckersMP's most dangerous road and likening that title, loads of people like overtaking on it.

To me, it's just due to impatience and a lack of morality to play the game as a simulator like it should be played, but rather a sandbox.

Granted, sometimes it is a genuine mistake or a given player is forced into oncoming by someone else, but these are uncommon, in my experience.

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

Hello there, @HypeGR. I have noticed your question & will try answer to the best of my ability. The reasons below may support your answer:

• Job Completion Allowance Time | Users which are new to the game may want to complete the job within the deadline & would like to overtake to quicken the job.
  •  Humanities Patience | As generations go through the world, the concept is not to wait and simply complete something within the fastest time.
  • Multiplayer Sessions | Within multiplayer games, users will increasingly want to travel at the fastest speeds & ensure they get the quality they wish for.
  • Lack of knowledge | Most users do not follow the TruckersMP Rules (https://truckersmp.com/rules) which they should.

If you have any issues on C-D, I recommend you report such behaviour at: https://truckersmp.com/reports

Many thanks,

Ray Dobson.

Founder of Select Your Game, Gaming Community.

Knowledge Base

Reporting a user? | Require help? | Meet The Team! | What are the rules? | How to create feedback?

Current Forum Role:

image.png

Previous Forum Roles:

role_Members.png284174119_role_VeteranI.png627982540_role_VeteranII.png2107496369_role_VeteranIII.png1761634736_role_VeteranIV.png1693420267_role_5Patron1.png1523332175_role_EventTeam.png

It's a question I also ask myself many times when dealing with reports. :lol:

It's probably impatience. Or maybe overtaking makes them feel like race car drivers as most people seem to like speeding. It could also be the thrill of breaking the rules, I'm not sure. At least I can say that you have to be very careful when overtaking someone on that road. There is almost always oncoming traffic, which causes many accidents. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend overtaking there at all - unless you want to risk getting involved in an accident.

UsDxWIH.png

Ive  maybe been on the C-D about 10 times now and every experience was just terrible...for a very famous route i think what keeps it famous is the things that happens there obviously so with that thrill up its gonna be the same for a very longtime and tips https://ets2map.com/ many still don't know about of it. it can actually be used as a radar.:mlg_doge:

TMP HISTORYᴘʀᴏғɪʟᴇ                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

ᴠᴇᴛᴇʀᴀɴ VI                                  

Driver Since 10 Apr 2015    

I overtake on the C-D road, but only when I know there aren't many players online (2000 players or less). I keep the tab list open (sometimes I even have ets2map open on my second screen), and I try to only overtake in places where you are allowed to do so (dashed lines and a sign), of course, usually I only do this if the players in front of me can't do 90 km/h. If someone is doing 80-90 km/h im just fine with sticking behind them. Whats dangerous is when someone decides to overtake a truck thats already doing 110-120 km/h or higher. The faster you are going, the more likely you are to meet someone coming the other way. I think thats pretty simple logic.

(excluding heavy cargo, I take extra caution with them because the majority of the time, the people driving are only going slow because of hills, and usually speed up to a respectable speed as to not impede the traffic too much)

Otherwise, unless forced onto the other side of the road by those who could care less about other traffic and pull out right in front of people, or very sudden crashes usually related to things like that, I keep to my lane.

Alot of the people that decide to overtake when the road is very populated are usually impatient, or don't understand that fast is not equal to good. Or they don't want to spend $60+ on a racing game. I can't really blame people on not wanting to spend that much. I can blame them for crashing, though. I know there are racing simulators out there that are cheaper, but usually they aren't as high quality and don't have a very large fanbase.

Usually after a long day of work or whatever, people might come home and want to do something fun and driving fast is fun to some people.  They see it as a rush, a sort of excitement to race around, driving as fast as they can while overtaking as many people as possible.  People obviously can't experience this sort of driving IRL because its dangerous and unethical and ETS2 is a virtual game after all so they say "why not?" like curious human beings we all are.   However, those are the people who overlook the word "simulator" in the game title.  

In my opinion there are serveral reasons why reople recklessly overtake especially on this route

One point would be that a lot of people think that they are able to overtake although traffic is upcoming. The second one is that many people don't do External Contracts and therefore don't want to drive behind the slower ones. In addition to that a lot of persons see this road because of the big amout of players as a good place to annoy them.

21 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

From my experience, the many players that risk to overtake on the route between Duisburg and Calais suffer from

• impatience
  • lack of situational awareness
  • ignorance
  • over-estimation of one's abilities

IMO, it should be forbidden to overtake on these kind of narrow country roads during peak times.

Agreed

The C-D route would be a very different drive if people didn't overtake. Honestly I think it could be prevented with a speed limit of 100 km/h or so on that road. But if they do that people may stop driving that road and find a new one where they can troll. The reality of the C-D road is there's no safe place or time to overtake during peak hours, I've seen people wait for a clearing, go to pass, and then a truck comes the other direction and it causes an accident or the passing truck needs to slam their brakes and get back behind me. Problem is when they go to pass I let off and now I'm going slower making it so they have to slow down even more to get in. Personally I've come to like the routes near C-D because they have a fair amount of traffic without people driving so recklessly.

Archived