Euro2 Server and the Pilot cars

BadFoxDragon

So over the last few weeks I've been playing a lot of ETS2 multiplayer on the Euro 2 server. I've noticed that not a single report against someone who rammed me, blocked the road, rammed someone else, spamming their horn or the CB, or was just generally going against the ToS of TruckersMP and were therefore up for ban/kick, not a single one had any action taken against them. The only time I could get someone banned who truly deserved it was when I made a report manually on the website, where I had to provide video proof.

From what I can tell, Euro 2 looks like a free-for-all, with no admins or moderators really playing or doing their "job" and making the community better overall.

I'm going to start trying the Euro 1 server, which has the simulation tag, and see if that's any better. If it's not then I may just drop TruckersMP altogether and wait for that other multiplayer mod for ETS2 to finally come out.

On a side note, I've yet to meet someone who drives a pilot car by themselves and isn't a complete jackass; speeding, cutting in front of people, stopping in front of people to try to get them to hit their car, blocking roads, nudging trucks into the side of the road and trying to make them crash, etc. The cars should not be able to shunt trucks out of the way like they can and it needs to be fixed.

Hello BadBragon_, 

I can feel into your Situation and know that it can be frustrating when People do Actions that are against the rules aren't getting punished. However, we as players have to understand the point of view of the Game Moderators. At this Moment of time there are 79 Game Moderators (including GML and GMT), which are able to judge reports ingame.

Now it has to be considered that all these 79 people have a private life and aren't online 24/7 to be able to keep the virtual streets safe all the time. The next point is that every minute a lot of people get reported, especially at the evening, where most of the time 4200 players are trucking online. In addition to that Game Moderators must take their time to judge in order to keep the quality high and to be fair. 

All things considered, it has to be said that also Game Moderators are only humans and I am sure that they do their best to protect players from trollers etc. However, I think that your reports haven't been handeld yet and maybe are in the waiting position. 

I hope that my statement to the topic could helped you :)

I wish you a lof fun and joy playing TruckersMP and hope that you don't have to deal with rule-breakers in the future that often.

Best regards

Niklas200215

I understand all that but you have to see it from my point of view too, at least a little; there's really nothing anyone can do to stop someone from ramming into them and causing massive damage. I've reported well over 300 individual people and not a single in game report ever came back with anything but "this report has timed out," and I only have to do 1 maybe 2 reports per day so this is over a span of almost a year. Earlier today someone decided that after they crashed over the railing on an onramp, with their trailer completely blocking access to the ramp, they were just going to sit there and refuse to f7 to the garage. There was a pileup of at least 20 people, honking and waiting for this one person to move. He kept saying in chat "I can't f7" but never actually gave a reason. There were no admins, no moderators, nobody who could do anything about the situation. I went a different way, passed by the onramp from the highway, and even more people were waiting and honking at him a good 20 minutes later. Dozens of the same report for the same reasons about one single guy all in a very short period of time, you'd think it would alert the system and make it more important for an admin to look into it, but sadly no.

As for the other part of my post, along with the Pilot cars having way too much power to just shunt trucks around like they were another truck, but if someone is blocking a road or access way with their truck or trailer, nobody will be getting past because no amount of pushing or crashing into them is going to move that truck, making it incredibly easy to block roads and cause a huge fuss that nobody can do anything about.

I understand that the admins are just people, there are thousands of reports a day and not half of them are being looked at because there isn't time and they get timed out anyway. That's all understandable, but then why can't they recruit more admins, train more people to look into issues to try to spread the load out more. Maybe have stricter ban requirements; instead of kicking the guy who just undertook me and made me crash my truck, why not ban him and force him to have to appeal the ban. It would help cut down on the idiots who think they can get away with anything.

8 minutes ago, BadDragon_ said:

I understand all that but you have to see it from my point of view too, at least a little; there's really nothing anyone can do to stop someone from ramming into them and causing massive damage. I've reported well over 300 individual people and not a single in game report ever came back with anything but "this report has timed out," and I only have to do 1 maybe 2 reports per day so this is over a span of almost a year. Earlier today someone decided that after they crashed over the railing on an onramp, with their trailer completely blocking access to the ramp, they were just going to sit there and refuse to f7 to the garage. There was a pileup of at least 20 people, honking and waiting for this one person to move. He kept saying in chat "I can't f7" but never actually gave a reason. There were no admins, no moderators, nobody who could do anything about the situation. I went a different way, passed by the onramp from the highway, and even more people were waiting and honking at him a good 20 minutes later. Dozens of the same report for the same reasons about one single guy all in a very short period of time, you'd think it would alert the system and make it more important for an admin to look into it, but sadly no.

As for the other part of my post, along with the Pilot cars having way too much power to just shunt trucks around like they were another truck, but if someone is blocking a road or access way with their truck or trailer, nobody will be getting past because no amount of pushing or crashing into them is going to move that truck, making it incredibly easy to block roads and cause a huge fuss that nobody can do anything about.

I understand that the admins are just people, there are thousands of reports a day and not half of them are being looked at because there isn't time and they get timed out anyway. That's all understandable, but then why can't they recruit more admins, train more people to look into issues to try to spread the load out more. Maybe have stricter ban requirements; instead of kicking the guy who just undertook me and made me crash my truck, why not ban him and force him to have to appeal the ban. It would help cut down on the idiots who think they can get away with anything.

I think most admins just don't bother with reports and instead fly around with freecam.

Hello There

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived