Why do we drive too fast?

B&Č Transport ASIR [CZE]

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ASIR [CZE] The speed limits aren't meant to make drivers take more time to do their trips, they are meant to guarantee that anyone driving on the road will be as safe as possible. This being said, driving faster than the limits is ALWAYS reckless as long as there are other players in the area. And anyone who drives recklessly shows that they don't care about others' safety.

Just like @Addict2SimsQc, I follow all road traffic rules, including speed limits stated by road traffic signs and/ or on the GPS map, red lights, give way, etc. and also rest periods.
In light of the fact that both ETS2 and ATS are meant to be simulators, I do not understand the need to drive at excessive speeds and endanger other players.

There's a difference between driving fast and driving fast and reckless. I don't see too much of a issue driving fast as long as you're not interrupting someone else gameplay. Not talking about excessive speeds but something around 10-15 over the posted. As always, stop at traffic lights and stop signs and don't try and turn in front of people. Wait your turn! 

647122462_NewBanner.jpg.82c9c4d67a006b4db2f6122ce7c100b1.jpg

I am used to driving faster than 90 km/h because I live in America, so I find it hard for myself to drive 90 km/h. (Most trucks in the US are governed from the factory at 65 MPH (104 km/h), but a lot of companies also remove those governors.)

The only state that legally requires trucks to have a speed governor is California, which limits their trucks to 55 MPH (just about 90 km/h). Even there, companies remove the governors and drive faster despite the legal requirement.

When im in a VTC that requires speed limiter on/not exceeding limits, or a World of Trucks event, sure, i'll do 90 km/h.

The nature of how people drive in America heavily influences the way I drive. Speed limits are typically more used as a suggestion in most places. (Excluding School zones, where they are very heavily enforced)

31 minutes ago, S p a r k i e said:

I am used to driving faster than 90 km/h because I live in America, so I find it hard for myself to drive 90 km/h. (Most trucks in the US are governed from the factory at 65 MPH (104 km/h), but a lot of companies also remove those governors.)

The only state that legally requires trucks to have a speed governor is California, which limits their trucks to 55 MPH (just about 90 km/h). Even there, companies remove the governors and drive faster despite the legal requirement.

When im in a VTC that requires speed limiter on/not exceeding limits, or a World of Trucks event, sure, i'll do 90 km/h.

The nature of how people drive in America heavily influences the way I drive. Speed limits are typically more used as a suggestion in most places. (Excluding School zones, where they are very heavily enforced)

i kinda don't get your point here it's easy to get used to the speed limits if you even need to get used to them you just don't drive faster than 80
It's like

a german human drives on the autobahn suddenly he enters france and he has got speed limits and he can't drive properly because in germany there are no speed limits on the autobahn and his excuse would be 

Sorry i'm from germany and i'm used to go 200 on the autobahn

doesn't make sense at all right 

and if i drive a long time in the UK i still can easily just switch from 97 km/h to 80 km/h if i enter France so i don't see a problem 

^ @Le Cat

That's not what im saying, I can get used to them, I just find it hard to. This is something that is different between people, some people will find it easier or harder than others to adapt to "wildly" different speed limits and rules of the road.

For cars it is usually much easier, but for trucks, changing speed limits like that is almost like entering a new world for some people.

On 3/20/2019 at 5:14 PM, Styl41 said:

I'm going 150 km / h. because It's fun 
There is no other reason

I think you would try to go with 90 / km

YunusD

KızılTürk™ VTC Owner

1797634707_role_VeteranIV(1).webp.4e3c404c0e5f76900e725c8f26fa929f.webp

~ YunusD Yotube ~  ,   ~ YunusD Steam ~   ,   ~ World Of Trucks ~  ,  ~ KızılTürk™ VTC ~

I feel like this is a valid question to be honest. Some people just like to drive fast as some people don't have time/patience so they go fast or they may find it more exciting. Europe 1 is the ideal place for simulation most of the time though :) 

I must also say: a majority of people don't always go 150kph or above the speed limits. I've been on many drives with my VTC and with a few friends where we have just gone the speed limits. When you do that, it's much more of a relaxing experience and enjoyable overall.

yo

It depends for me on a few things, mainly distance and load weight.

The trucks in ETS are crazy top heavy, and the roads are pretty bad with minimal banking. Typically I set cruise at about 110kmh if im not pulling oversize loads, which is about 68mph and typical for US highway speeds. 90kmh (55mph) is way too slow when going on 1000km+ jaunts. Thats city speeds for me.

I prefer driving 120km/h on highways and 70-80km/h on countryroads. It is the perfect speed for truckers to cruise around the map, some people wanna be fast at their destination but it's sad because they can not see the beautiful seesights of ETS2 MP. My opinion is, it is everyone's choice how he wanna drive, just it is not realistic anymore :|

I am one of those drivers that keepsto all traffic rules , i stop at red lights do speed limits etc. i would play on EU1 but sadly enough that server is barely populated so i tend to stick in EU3 (More realistic drivers then EU1 but way less idiots then on EU2) , i bought a truck simulator to simulate being a trucker (eventho i'm a trucker IRL :p ) , not to race if i wanted that i'd get forza or something . As for people going over 100 , i do feel bothered about them but won't rly say much unless they are bothering others or myself 

Simple for me. To get from point a to point b as fast as possible, but also without breaking rules or being a headache to others. Max trailer stability, 90% braking intensity, and 85% steering sensitivity. Been playing on a keyboard for years with that settings. It does have a learning curve but once you get used to it, it's great.

76561198136394601.png

// Isaiah Wijesekara | Philippines | Former [ETRVTC] Driver | TMP ID 10832 \\

// [TPH] Truckers Philippines | Member Since November 15, 2014 | TrucksBook \\

image.png.3a469fc6c20225a7608e8705bb8150c5.png|image.png.9dd78c47b8aceb13f4907f4d2d669585.png|image.png.744ced8a4ea99071cd7af3b1892ef168.png|image.png.7e3bb40469f591d1f01db0bb788244ff.png|image.png.2575f58f66623c27724459bd2538fcf1.png|image.png.b185e69ecf1956dd8d073810c550ade5.png|image.png.d2d3099e2a60bcb9e4916e09413dfa8a.png

image.png

Sometimes I drive 150 Km/h, but only if the roads are clear and I'm not endangering anyone with it.

Or I am on an empty road with my Boyfriend, just us:D 
Otherwise I drive 90-100 km/h, that's enough for me. I also want to see some of the landscape and drive comfortably.
ETS2 is not Need for Speed :D 

Archived