Server speed limit survey

Interstate Nomad

Server speed limit survey  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Which kind of server would you prefer? Please vote and discuss your choice in the comments.

• A server without a speed limit and without collision
    • A server with speed limits shown on the GPS map and with collision

Obviously, the one with speed limits and collision, it's how I play TMP currently so to me, the only difference would be that I would not have to be avoiding all those stupid NFS fans who think that they are in control but can't keep their vehicles within one lane.

I'm assuming that by "A server with speed limits shown on the GPS" you mean that there would be server-based speed limits corresponding to the road the player is driving on, like if a road has a 70 Km/h speed limit, players wouldn't be allowed to accelerate further than 70?

40 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

if a road has a 70 Km/h speed limit, players wouldn't be allowed to accelerate further than 70?

thinking of this too is not actually a bad idea more realistic B)

TMP HISTORYᴘʀᴏғɪʟᴇ                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

ᴠᴇᴛᴇʀᴀɴ VI                                  

Driver Since 10 Apr 2015    

49 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I'm assuming that by "A server with speed limits shown on the GPS" you mean that there would be server-based speed limits corresponding to the road the player is driving on, like if a road has a 70 Km/h speed limit, players wouldn't be allowed to accelerate further than 70?

Yes, you assumed correct. Sorry for making this not clear enough.

The speed limit would be dictated by the speed shown on the GPS map.

Well, realistically I would want no speed limit and collisions. If someone tips over or crashes into someone that's their fault and they can just get banned. I don't know why there's such a large debate about it.

How about this: We leave all of the current servers in their current state, but create a server with no speed limiter and collisions, however it only can have 1500 players (or lower). I feel like that would be a valid solution. The majority of players that want to go over 150 km/h will go there and drive together, and the rest of the people who don't want to go that fast still have the option for EU1, EU2, or EU3. Lets be honest, EU4 really isn't all that useful for most of the players. (I know some people do play on EU4, but I usually never see EU4 have over 100 players unless there's a convoy or some sort of non official event)

definitely  with speed limits and collisions  we are not playing  racing game here ofc trucking game should be realistic with speed limits road signs and etc because most of the players wants to feel that realistic while playing and if anyone thinks this is racing game then EU4 is best option

I prefer a server with a speed limit and a collision, just because we're talking about a simulation game.

A server where everyone would obey the rules and simulate would be really good.

I, for example, like to play in EU2, but I always avoid very congested areas and I look for highways with less traffic, especially in DLCs.

9 hours ago, S p a r k i e said:

Well, realistically I would want no speed limit and collisions. If someone tips over or crashes into someone that's their fault and they can just get banned. I don't know why there's such a large debate about it.

That would be realistic only in "a perfect world" where most players use a simulator for simulation purposes. IRL, trucks or cars can go as fast as their drivers want, but you rarely see trucks going faster than 100 Km/h or cars going faster than 150 Km/h. In TMP's world, a server like this would have more than 90% of the players going full speed both in trucks (170 Km/h approx.) and cars (up to 250 Km/h). I don't see how that would be any realistic.

Collision >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 150km/h Speed Limit >>> 90km/h Speed Limit.

Trucks with empty cargo are already struggling to reach 150km/h but able to, so keeping 150km/h is basically same as no speed limit.

That's why most of us choose EU2 instead of EU1.

Of course, we would like to get rid of trolls, but limiting to 90km/h to force everyone drive like AI and 0 overtaking is definitely not the best solution.

If you are a serious guy, then EU1 is the best way to go. You can force yourself not to do reckless things and you can force the other do the same.

The server is already there. Just don't blame the others choose EU2 instead of EU1, since the reason is already given.

I chose the following option : ,,A server with speed limits shown on the GPS map and with collision "

Following points were the reason for my desicion:

1. What is a simulator without any danger of collisons?

2. Speed limiters add realism, however 150 km/h is also not that realistic for a truck

3. If there were no collisions one wouldn't have to drive properly anymore --> lower fun-factor

Thank you @Miyu* for starting this very interesting discussion :) 

Best regards,

Niklas200215

A server with speed limits shown on the GPS map and with collision sounds better but i like the EU2 ''rules''. For example I cant really meet with other drivers in ''Going East'' and it would be very borning with 90kph and no one is around you for 20-30 minutes... but this is only my opinion...

I voted ''A server with speed limits shown on the GPS map and with collision'' . Why?

- Limitations are present to bring us more organization, responsibility and awareness. Without it, the game will become '' a mess '' that can bring various problems to the players and team behind everything.

- ''Every action generates a reaction'' if it is imposed, it is because it has already gone out of control some day or had a forecast of it.

• Web Developer

I prefer a server with speed limit and with collision enabled.

We can't forget, we're still playing Euro Truck Simulator 2, even if some players doesn't enjoy the game in a simulate way. But as long as it's called Simulator, we should do everything to keep it in that direction.

Plus, we have many young players, they probably want to have a driving license in the future. We should teach and show them how a driver should behave himself. He must know what the speed limites are made for, and why you shouldn't ramm the other trucks.

In that case, there is no logical reason to add the server without collisions etc.

I hope BOTH choices where available, but any other kind of servers (except a Eu1 with AI).... So Improved Eu1 will be "A server with speed limits shown on the GPS map and with collision" and the Improved Eu2/Eu4 will be "A server without a speed limit and without collision" and no more servers. these 2 servers with 2000 slots on "Improved Eu1" and almost 4000 slots on "Improved Eu2/Eu4". 

We need both because I usually play in a simulated way, sometimes is funny and relaxing go at high speeds and test your driving skills (that's why i joined on ATS Racing event last weekend...), or to get all garages faster...

But if you ask me to choose one, obviously I prefer, nowadays, "A server without a speed limit and without collision"  to make all real simulator players go at the Actual Eu1 server again, as we have done at the beginning of this great mod.

well of course i would pfefer A server with speed limits shown on the GPS map and with collision for just one and a easy reason:

• The Game is a Simulator yes a S I M U L A T O R some people are scared of this word some don't even know the meaning of it and some are just born in the 19th century so they don't even know the existence of this word and some are just too young to understand it but then they search it on wikipedia and then they suddenly realize how hilarious they were.

Archived