Using a wheel (G920)

BlathaBlather

I use the G920 myself. It was a major upgrade for me as well. I went from using a controller to looking into a steering wheel. I have been using the wheel for nearly 3 years and I love it. My only real complaint was with the rubber piece inside the spring in the brake.

My only tip would be, if you haven’t, remove the rubber piece in the brake. It definitely feels better and helps with braking. There’s a decent amount of tutorials on how to remove it.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

2 minutes ago, Chev said:

I use the G920 myself. It was a major upgrade for me as well. I went from using a controller to looking into a steering wheel. I have been using the wheel for nearly 3 years and I love it. My only real complaint was with the rubber piece inside the spring in the brake.

My only tip would be, if you haven’t, remove the rubber piece in the brake. It definitely feels better and helps with braking. There’s a decent amount of tutorials on how to remove it.

Thank you, I will look into this.

Over time your pedals will become less stiff and easier to use

The brake pedal on my G27 is pretty much the same as my gas pedal now, after 4 years.

I have a G29 with the same pedals. Personally I like the rubber piece that's inside it, but it took some getting used to. With the proper brake intensity setting in the game (which I think @Doç.Dr. Ali Çelik referred to) it works just fine. The rubber only interferes when you have to press the pedal down all the way. During normal driving this rarely happens, but for an emergency stop, it does feel slightly more realistic to have some extra resistance. Pedals with force feedback would be better for realism, though.

I suggest you first try a higher braking intensity setting in the game, before removing the rubber piece.

11 hours ago, Haulvoc said:

I have a G29 with the same pedals. Personally I like the rubber piece that's inside it, but it took some getting used to. With the proper brake intensity setting in the game (which I think @Doç.Dr. Ali Çelik referred to) it works just fine. The rubber only interferes when you have to press the pedal down all the way. During normal driving this rarely happens, but for an emergency stop, it does feel slightly more realistic to have some extra resistance. Pedals with force feedback would be better for realism, though.

I suggest you first try a higher braking intensity setting in the game, before removing the rubber piece.

Ok, thank you this is useful. As soon as I get home I will try this. 

46 minutes ago, KaizeNG said:

I took the G27 before taking the G29, and then I noticed that there was a calibration problem at the steering wheel. I recommend you to buy G29

i love the G27 dont have intrest yet to change to the g29, because this problem i only find on ETS2, on assetocorsa, the crew 1 and 2, F1 its all normal the brakes

pc.jpg.3eece1531c089933fc279a99fddb5fde.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @BlathaBlather

Thank you so much for interacting with the community with this great post. You are awesome! I must inform you that after an inactive period of 14 days a topic will be moved to our archive.

That is the reason for why the topic will be locked and moved towards there. Do not hesitate to start a new dicussion or join one ^^

If you have any questions, please message me in private

//Locked and moved

• Guest locked this topic

Archived