Servers Speed limit 97

Gameplay Chronicle

euro Truck simulator, Formula 1, Rally, Fifa. All of this games have a specific purpose: simulation, racing, football.

I suggest a 97 kmph speed limit, for all servers.

There is no reason to have a higher speed limit than this, because we are talking about trucking, and in gaming simulation you have no idea who can drive and who can not.

A convoy must have a 75kmph top, to consider it professional convoy. With 97kmph, you will close the 10 game km gap, within 35 seconds

Most of the verbal abuse on chat, is because of high speed.

Most of accidents have a speed reason.

It is obvious that if a player wishes a high speed, he wishes for a racing game not a truck simulation.

I think the basic idea is education, and you can do it by limiting the speed to 97kmph, specially for the youngest, which eventually, will want to drive in real life.

I think most of the community issues will be solved with this.

• Project Manager

I mean if you prefer a place where the speed limit is enabled then you can play on EU1. They have made a simulation server that is different from EU2 so that people who want to play serious can. It allows everyone to be happy. :) 

Have a good day :D 

Kind Regards,

Whitelodge

spacer.png | spacer.png

Event Request | Event Calendar | Feedback | Events

5 minutes ago, Whitelodge said:

I mean if you prefer a place where the speed limit is enabled then you can play on EU1. They have made a simulation server that is different from EU2 so that people who want to play serious can. It allows everyone to be happy. :) 

Have a good day :D 

An you think I didn't knew that. As a musician, don't let the majority educate you. It's kind of ... your job to do that. Just leave 1 server pay-to-play with no restrictions and 200 slots. :D

I dont think this is a good idea. How realistic is your speed limit when driving a truck without trailer or skoda? It is not. Speeding is a back problem but that is why you need to be creative. Slamming with speed limits is not going to solve world problems. Have a lower speed limit on one server.. okay but good luck bringing that to other servers and explaining it to the entire community.

The way you start this topic mentioning this is a race game.. I have more question on how objective this is. People messing around with the speed can be reported and will face action. So i do not really see the problem.

Just because im driving fast, doesn't mean im racing. I drive about 120-130 km/h maximum on most roads. There are some places (germany rework) where I will drive 150 km/h, but only because it is fairly safe to, or I know the area very well.

One day the crazy drivers are going to learn that maximising speed isn't the way to drive, and they'll either learn it from maturing or they'll learn it the hard way.

From my experience, most of the verbal abuse is from people who drive like its a race track, not specifically people that don't stick to 90 km/h. The majority of the yelling is from people that aren't giving their driving any thought and just flying through the traffic, wrong way, on the grass, etc.

Then of course theres people who act like they own the road and yell "reported" or "i'm recording you" and repeat their ID 15 times.

Keeping someone from doing something isn't education, its just keeping them from doing something. You don't really learn by not learning.

Im from the US and im simply used to the higher speeds the trucks are allowed to drive, so I just drive faster. Is there something terribly wrong with that?

I would be more open to driving 90 km/h ironically, if TMP were using map mods to expand the map. Or tandem/rigid/BDF trucks.  Or any combination of nice mods. But I doubt TMP is almost ever going to use mods they have not either created or are collaborating with others to make work in MP.

I want to see where HGVMP goes if it ends up becoming a reality because of what it seems they want to do, but I also want to see where TruckersMP is going.

If, for example, a mod wasn't yet updated to the latest version of the game, I'd much prefer to be on a not up to date version of the games until the mods are updated, if it means we get to have mods on MP.

Well to be honest its not the first time topics about the Speed Limit has been discussed and my observation from all Speed Limit topic discussion ill say this one is not a easy one to get butter when you have a community of all different stereotype Eg: some that takes simulation serious , some that just want to just drive don't care , some that just want to relax and have fun right after a hard day of work etc the list goes on. but realistically there is a Speed limit world wide in every country and we the people are in charge whether you wanna follow that law or pay the consequences to me its the method in a way in TMP they give you option more like choices EU1 90km/h  or any other server to let you choose either to follow the speed limit its up to you. or you can speed drive reckless and pay the consequences. me and the other hand i don't have a problem with speeding if you know what your doing i myself takes driving serious i know how to both IRL and in game but i do  punch tha 150km/h from time to time  because sometimes you just want to let loose and have a lil fun.... But simple this is a simple way ill say this not everyone would have the common sense in knowing how to safely speed and when to speed and that's the problem right there.Otherwise  personally i have no problem if all server is cap 90km/h however that would take away player choices again for a Community of all different stereotype and that's all i have to say bud :mlg_doge:

TMP HISTORYᴘʀᴏғɪʟᴇ                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

ᴠᴇᴛᴇʀᴀɴ VI                                  

Driver Since 10 Apr 2015    

I undestand your point with saying that a speed-limt of 97 km/h would be very effective for reducing traffic accidents, reckless overtaking and so on but I think that the community wouldn't accept it, at least not on very popular servers like EU2. From my point of view it is more useful to make such actions server-wise like it is handled with EU1. However, I think that ervery person must form his own opinion on this topic. :) 

The problem with the "just play on eu1" argument is that eu1 is dead so it's not fun to drive there. When you can drive 10 minutes without seeing anyone there is no reason at all to play mp over sp.

120 kmh is optimal i think but its not the point that speeding causes crash, i think there are some players who thinks the game is need for speed :) we should remind to others that this is a simulation game

King Regards           

TruckersMP Translation Team

123.PNG

Ryotaink

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Gameplay Chronicle

Thank you so much for interacting with the community with this great post. You are awesome! I must inform you that after an inactive period of 14 days a topic will be moved to our archive.

That is the reason for why the topic will be locked and moved towards there. Do not hesitate to start a new dicussion or join one ^^

If you have any questions, please message me in private

//Locked and moved

• Guest locked this topic

Archived