What is the fun of multiplayer without the good and evil that comes with it?

q8venom

People with "REC" "BAN" or whatever in their names are the SCOURGE of ETS2MP. They are servants of big brother, preying upon human error and emotion. If you do not want to see any errors committed, why are you playing multiplayer??? We are humans, not AI. What is fun about driving with 100% robotic drivers? If you enjoy that, there's offline mode just for you with extra vehicles and realism!! I play multiplayer BECAUSE I enjoy playing with GOOD AND EVIL people. I enjoy driving and coming up on a fresh accident in front of me and having to put on blinkers and warning lights and slow down. I enjoy making a mistake myself, and almost crashing into people when I accidentally drive on the right side of the road upon entering England. It is fun when you honk in a friendly (or unfriendly) way when passing people. It is fun when you get a little bit of road rage and swerve and play with other trucks in some cases. These are called human interactions. Many have good or bad intentions but they create a DYNAMIC environment which is more challenging and rewarding to navigate. If you are just there to report every accident to the mod team, you are a complete troll and are ruining my gaming experience, my immersion, and my faith in the community to solve its own problems rather than be crybabies that "tell on" each other in pure SPITE. Please let me know if you agree or disagree.

There's a difference between human error and sheer ignorance. Human error would be not noticing someone is driving down the road, even though you checked before turning at the crossroads. If I was the one driving down the road and managed to brake in time, I would let it slide. Sheer ignorance is something like knowing that you need to give way to the truck driving on the left lane alongside you when the right lane you're driving on ends, but instead of doing what you know you need to do, you try to squeeze into the left lane and cause a collision. That's something no one should let slide.

Ready to go!

4 minutes ago, DerAmpelmann said:

Human error would be not noticing someone is driving down the road, even though you checked before turning at the crossroads.

How is that possible? You can check your map, you can check the TAB screen to see nearby trucks. There is no such thing as human error if you really want to be strict. 

^^ Maybe that's why some people have no fear or worries about those report hunters you speak of. I have been hit by ignorant drivers, by reckless drivers, by trolls, by speeders who believe that they own the roads and others need to get out of their way. And the only times I've hit other players was when I rear-ended the truck ahead after it was rammed heads-on by a third vehicle and bounced back into mine. I can't tell if I have been reported many times or not, I can tell that I have been banned only once, without valid reason, and the ban was removed after review by feedback managers.

I know that this is all about your recent ban, you have been posting about how evil the players who report others are. Well, my advice: Don't do anything that can be reported and you won't need to worry anymore. And don't think that this is impossible. There are players with more than 4 years in TMP and not a single ban in their records.

2 hours ago, q8venom said:

I enjoy making a mistake myself, and almost crashing into people when I accidentally drive on the right side of the road upon entering England

It is fun when you get a little bit of road rage and swerve and play with other trucks in some cases.

Multiplayer. Massive. Meaning that in the server, you'll find all kinds of players, from lots of different countries, cultures, lots of different ages, from children to elders and most importantly: with different ideas about how an MP trucking game must be played. To many people, TMP is just a racing game with trucks, to many others, it's just a destruction derby game, to many others, it's a truck simulation experience. You need to keep in mind that you can find it fun to get a little road rage, but the player nearby can see this as an aggression. And the only deffense against aggression in TMP is the report system.

If you are just there to report every accident to the mod team, you are a complete troll and are ruining my gaming experience, my immersion, and my faith in the community to solve its own problems

Since you are so concerned about your "gaming experience" and your "immersion", start thinking about others' gaming experience and immersion, which can be based, like I said, in a completely different playing style. I like to drive in a simulation style, following the speed limits, stopping at traffic lights, giving way when I don't have the priority, etc. Also, I do WoT jobs, that are "unrecoverable" by loading previous autosaves, which means that if a "funny" player damages my cargo, a 2000 Km journey at 90 Km/h max. speed can instantly turn into a complete waste of 2 gaming hours. That's my gaming experience, my immersion, and same as you, I don't like that to be ruined by others. The difference is that according to what I read, your "gaming experience and immersion" tends to get you reported, mine tends to make me report others. You don't like it, go single player, no one will report you there. Or use EU#4 server.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not a "report-hunter" who goes sending reports about any minor incidents on the roads, I only report those players who hit my vehicle or are clearly trolling.

The answer or more like solution to the situation you mentioned is that this game is rated 3+ PEGI, half of the multiplayer is filled with people who think that ramming into others will make their day, and sure it does later on with a ban by the game mod.

On another note, In my eyes the biggest fools are those who just travel Duisburg-Calais road to record others and then compile them and frame them as "Idiots on the road - TruckersMP" or whatever title they fancy. Making a fool of themselves by doing nothing better than watching others in their time. On a bigger note, people actually support this idea, so gg.

I guess the bad shouldnt be there. What I class as bad is breaking rules on purpose and ruining the experience for others.
You can perfectly have a multiplayer run on good. An accident isnt bad, everyone of us can have it . Even the people that claim to be the best driver ever.

3 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Well, my advice: Don't do anything that can be reported and you won't need to worry anymore.

I appreciate your detailed response to my concerns. However, this one point is really the heart of the matter. The overarching rule about collisions has caused a lot of people to have "REC/BAN" in their names because anyone is actually capable of making a reportable mistake. Just today, I passed by a trucker reversing on the highway to make his turn. Does the community WANT me to report him? I only said to him "Be careful, you could get banned for that" and carried on. Id rather have a bad trucker that I have to pass by cautiously then NO trucker at all (if he is banned). Do you understand what I mean?

PS: I didn't know World of Truck contracts are un-saveable by the way, so now I can understand better the purists who are completely in it for the simulation. However, as you know, there are way too many bad sports who are recording as you mentioned who do ruin our experience, even if none of us are angels or robots.

there are way too many bad sports who are recording as you mentioned who do ruin our experience

putting REC BAN in your title isn't something you do when you start playing. Its something you do when you've become so fed up with idiots ruining your game play. Its a visible warning to others to play nice around you. Whether they are recording or not doesn't matter, its the sentiment

To get to that point, the 'fun' has certainly been drained from the game by the actions of others. 

@q8venom Most of the people who have REC/BAN in their names or tags are only looking to scare others so they won't be rammed. I've seen lots of people with REC, REC/BAN or similars drive like complete lunatics. I don't pay any attention to them, other than to have my LOL moments when I see them crash or tip because of their bad driving. And those who have it with more "legit" reasons, like @andy Suter mentioned, I don't care if they are recording me, because I know that they'll have nothing to report.

A trucker reversing on a highway, I wouldn't report either as long as he/she is doing it in a careful manner, using only the emergency lane. But this same action, IRL, is completely forbidden. A driver misses an exit, the way to go is keep driving towards the next one, not stop and drive backwards or make a U-Turn and drive wrong way. This "little" mistakes are just a consequence of driving recklessly. A driver who is paying attention to the road, as everyone is supposed to do, would never miss an exit.

And even when I agree that there are toxic players who are in the servers just to play "police" and report everything they see, I don't feel threatened, scared or even worried about them. I may be the most boring player ever, but I know that the way I drive, those idiots will never have a reason to get me banned.

On 3/14/2019 at 5:15 PM, MrHarv98 said:

The answer or more like solution to the situation you mentioned is that this game is rated 3+ PEGI, half of the multiplayer is filled with people who think that ramming into others will make their day, and sure it does later on with a ban by the game mod.

On another note, In my eyes the biggest fools are those who just travel Duisburg-Calais road to record others and then compile them and frame them as "Idiots on the road - TruckersMP" or whatever title they fancy. Making a fool of themselves by doing nothing better than watching others in their time. On a bigger note, people actually support this idea, so gg.

Not to mention the video creator himself also a bad driver as a seven four seven.....

Back to the topic I’d agree multiplayer is a kind of human interaction which the single player mode cannot offer.  I think I can understand one point that mistakes/errors form part of such interaction that added the excitement factor to TruckersMP.  Not sure if you play the survival in Calais-Duisburg road often and I’d say trolling isn’t a kind of interaction that we could be happy to experience.

Nevertheless, some of the negative characteristics already become the trademark of TruckersMP which is not possible to extinguish.  Unless you have an effective extermination plan..... 

The thing that annoys me more that someone having REC BAN isn’t the fact they have it, but the resulting aftermath that happens if a player gets hit. Ive noticed the REC BAN players are a little more toxic (probably through months/years of suffering idiots). I often have my 8yr old sat next to me when Im playing as she likes watching the game. When an incident happens, and it doesn’t even need to be in view, just in mic range, its almost a given that you hear someone shout ‘f**k you, you moron’ etc etc etc over the mic, which then results in the other party firing insults back…. Its not exactly family friendly. I tend to experience this much more than just seeing an crash or incident

So I don’t care if you have REC BAN or have been rammed for the 10th time today….please just watch what you say over mic… you never know whose listening. If I hear it…im 100% going to report it.

On 3/14/2019 at 6:55 AM, q8venom said:

How is that possible? You can check your map, you can check the TAB screen to see nearby trucks. There is no such thing as human error if you really want to be strict. 

In the light of realistic simulation, you should consider that some players disable both, the player TAB list and the visibility of nearby trucks on the GPS map.

In addition to what @DerAmpelmann has already stated, traffic offences are mostly devided into reckless and careless.

Reckless is the willful disregard of one owns and/ or anothers safety.
Careless is basically the lack of caution.
Human error however would be the primary cause for both definitions.

Hello There q8venom

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived