Reporting - Does it happen too quick?

Most people whine over nothing unless someone is seriously trolling I won't report.
If someone happens to break down and cause me to stop, I won't scream in the mic, roar the horn flash my lights and
spam rec blocking in the chat.

Its a game for us to enjoy, sometimes our trucks get damaged but
it doesnt give us any physical or emotional pain. If someone 
Intentionally trolls then thats differnt, theyre usually banned before.
Someone who has had a clear record for years doesnt suddenly decide to troll 

On 3/11/2019 at 8:13 AM, Averazon said:

Hello everyone!

You can easily report people for breaking rules and with no effort get them banned.

Some people record to record and want people to get banned.

I feel like there could be more rules in place or atleast a more mature approach to trying to solve a problem.

I have seen people with very different opinions.

My opinion on this subject is :

1) TruckersMP rules and definition arent clear enough ( it make few years that has been said and nothing has changed ) (exemple : Ramming.. the definition and reason ( the reported person action .. the reporter acton ..) and it need to be more clear than only "Causing a collision with another player intentionally or due to negligence. Attempting to cause a collision by steering towards their vehicle." ....  in my opinion it is lacking seriously of word and definition and context and with some exemple ( video / pictures / guides etc.. )  AND it goes in problem with this §1.9 - Ambiguity ( all the rules section has to change because of the rule 1.9 ... because they all  have ambiguity in them ... ) same goes with §2.3 - Blocking* , §2.5 - Reckless Driving* , §2.6 - Useless Traffic / Inappropriate parking* .... 

2) why more rules... when the actual one arent fully respected and apply.

3) " Some people record to record and want people to get banned." ... hummm hummm hummm you did put in place a system that encourage players/users to make more reports ( forum reports system when you do one positive (when the result is a ban you earn .5 points and i can do 38 reports and create mores reports and get mores person banned... to make even more reports.. and after have to deal with report queue time. ) but you truckersMP rejected the idea to be able to make (2) feedback because it could be abused...but report system is clearly not abuused........

4) " You can easily report people for breaking rules and with no effort get them banned." mayby the rules has to change, mayby the reporting methods and evidences, mayby the Game Mod , Game Mod Trainee and Leader have to do something or change something...(or the person X that can change something.. ) 

5) we can make hundred topic about a problems / issues. but if you have done nothing in the past years for it and only talk about it... this situation will alway continue.

I feel the rules are quite tight, and rather unbalanced, 

For example, i've made loads of errors in game and no doubt caused loads of accidents over the years, but my first report was over a very minor mistake by what I consider a troll reporter (he had a report compilation with loads of minor incidents).

After dealing with bans, even though using a recorder creates more lag, and I seem to be in less control than without it, I always use it because there are idiots who maliciously attack you, and because I need it to justify incidents that have been caused by lag, as well as give my point of view, as clips sent in can be rather on the fence about how bad the incident really was.

I will pretty much forgive most people who apologies, though some just say''sorry man, pls no report, pls'' than act like idiots after and just keep going which is frankly stupid, and i do report them.

As an example here is an old clip of someone I reported as their driving was continually pretty shocking, but I wouldn't report someone just for pulling out on me, or bumping in to me in say a petrol station, if they show at least a little remorse. 

PS

I drive much more safely now, and have stopped using the car in areas with high traffic as it just gets you bullied by others

I only report people that don't acknowledge their mistake, have intent or are insincere in their apologies. Some of the accidents happen due to inexperience.

I only report the obvious, if I ever have a 50-50 feeling then I don't bother as I am forcing the admins to make a decision that even in not sure of. 

What makes my life a lot easier is if they apologise, it frustrates me when someone loses control and crashes into you, but when they drive off it's worse. If they apologise my initial thought is, "it happens" and I forget all about it.

I was reason to a high speed crash going way too fast around a bend and lost control straight into an oncoming truck, first thing I did was say sorry and explain what I did, then made sure I didn't make the same mistake for the rest of the day. Thankfully the driver was sympathetic.

On 3/11/2019 at 6:13 AM, Averazon said:

But you forget about something. I always feel the need to reach out to people. Some people say sorry and others will ignore you and drive away. In the case that someone drives away and doesn't care.. report them. But I often see small incidents which had no bad intention. Those people apologize and get reported anyway? Some people record to record and want people to get banned.

The two deciding factors for if I'll report someone are "did it cause me serious issue" and "was it preventable".  If the answer is yes to both of those, it doesn't matter if you want to apologize until you pass out, I'll still report you. 

Some of us have been playing this mod since it was first released to the public and have driven safely without any incidents.  Hell, I like to routinely drink & drive in this game yet I haven't gotten a single ban. As long as you drive intelligently you won't have an issue, drive like a child and no sorry will save you.

You're very right.

In fact, reporting a person is too difficult for Chinese players, and 80% of them can't even enter Youtube.

So in general, I or we are not willing to report other players who violate the rules.

But some people are deliberate, reckless driving, and malicious collisions.

We must not tolerate such players. Some people did not intentionally do this or caused a small loss, saying sorry I will forgive them quickly.

If I am sure he is a troll, I will not forgive him.

Sange[CHN]

Chenxi-Convoy

China Chenxi VTC COO --- 中国晨曦俱乐部首席运营官

Chinese  --- English     

*Asia's first TruckersMP official verified VTC*

Our goal is the stars and the sea  

寻求帮助 I 规则 I 中文板块 I 封禁申诉 I 反馈 I 招聘

12 hours ago, Sange-Chenxi[CHN] said:

But some people are deliberate, reckless driving, and malicious collisions.

We must not tolerate such players. Some people did not intentionally do this or caused a small loss, saying sorry I will forgive them quickly.

If I am sure he is a troll, I will not forgive him.

Sange[CHN]

Chenxi-Convoy

Completely agree with you. When people hit me with intentions i report istantly. If people hit me for a mistake it's not a problem (often ask me sorry and it was clear that there was no intention). Simply be nice and no one report you.

In my case, I report a lot. But my steps to report are these: 

1. The accidents occurs. For example:
  2. I stare for a moment and see if the player stops, leaves, or for at least says something.
  3. If he stops and explains me the situation ("Oh man I'm sorry / Damage? or something like that) it's possible that I'd forgive him. Accidents happens isn't? ||| But if he leaves, uses F7, or just disconnects (like in the video), there's no way that I wouldn't report him.
  4. In the case of the video, I've reported the player and now has a ban for about 3 months. If he would stopped or at least said something, I would have thought about it...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2019 at 3:18 PM, BL4CK$K1LL said:

I understand what are you trying to say, there're lots of players who write sorry after an accident but the worst thing is that you don't know if the person is doing that lots of times, I mean this could happen with everyone once, but what about players who ram lots of drivers and then just type "sorry" after every accident, they should not be reported? Or how can you understand that's his first time or he's doing that every time? I personally never forgive people for creating big accidents or driving dangerous, even if they write sorry in the chat as this sorry doesn't mean anything, they just write it to don't get a ban as people think that if you write sorry then you're a good boy and you don't deserve a ban.

I had several times some accidents which were caused just because of me and someone else going in front of me but that's still my bad and when I crashed I added that person on the steam and talked to him, described the situation and we both just had a nice talk then, so that's what I think the person should do when he is ramming someone, not like "oh sorry please, don't report, sorry" and then drive and repeat same after another crash.

Greetings  I completely agree with what you wrote.  Personally, I very often see such drivers.  Regarding the calls to those whom I prevented, I do not mind, but on the contrary, thinking about it.  But the problem is that some do not know other languages or simply do not have the opportunity for such communication.  Regarding the fact that everyone is being punished, in a measure, I agree with this, but there are situations that I did not deliberately crash into and thus made a dangerous situation.  But the best thing is that for such cases there are such programs as Fraps, Bandicam and others;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello There;

As your topic has been inactive for over 14 days, we are archiving your topic. Due to the fact our forums are a busy place, we archive topics that are inactive for 2 weeks to help keep just those topics that are truly active for our community.

If you have any further questions or comments, or wish for your topic to be unarchived don't be afraid to contact me.  :wub:

//Moved to Archive

Archived