Disable console commands g_suspension_stiffnes

Suggestion Name: Disable console command g_suspension_stiffness

Suggestion Description: Please disable that command like warp etc. It's dangerous thing

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?: Becouse it's command, that can cause you a PERMANENT ban for cheating.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 2

2032295431_role_GameModeratorLeader(1).p

I can't agree with this. I have only ever seen 2 or 3 people ever using a non allowed value, and i've seen one of them banned in front of me when their truck slammed into another truck. Im pretty sure SCS wants to limit this to normal values in 1.35 anyways. If you get banned for putting in an incorrect value, its your own fault. You should learn the correct values in singleplayer or in a safe place rather than in collisions around other people. I don't want my truck driving like its on rails, which is why I have the g_suspension_stiffness at 0.5 (im pretty sure 1 is currently the default value, and the max)

Its not something you can use to cheat, so its not even against the rules to change its values. You just shouldn't change it out of the default values.

§2.1 - Hacking/Bug/Feature abusing - PERMANENT BAN

Using any kind of tool to change gameplay, including but not limited to using the in-game console, trainers or cheat engine in order to bypass the speeding limiter, to jump hack, no collision hack or anything similar. Misusing features such as the ghost mode to cause damage to others or similar.

The suggestion, in my opinion, should be more along the lines of making only normally allowed values something you can use, or making the rules say specifically you can only use normal values.

3 minutes ago, S p a r k i e said:

I can't agree with this. I have only ever seen 2 or 3 people ever using a non allowed value. Im pretty sure SCS wants to limit this to normal values in 1.35 anyways. If you get banned for putting in an incorrect value, its your own fault. You should learn the correct values in singleplayer or in a safe place rather than in collisions around other people. I don't want my truck driving like its on rails, which is why I have the g_suspension_stiffness at 0.5

Couldn't said any better its at 0.5 for a reason anyone that messes with it and get Banned its on there shoulders :mlg_doge:

TMP HISTORYᴘʀᴏғɪʟᴇ                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

ᴠᴇᴛᴇʀᴀɴ VI                                  

Driver Since 10 Apr 2015    

Like @S p a r k i e, I also changed my stability and suspension stiffness using the console, to set them at 50% of the default values, because the truck feels more real. There's a range of values allowed by the game for these settings, 0-0.5, 0-1.0. For trailer stability there's even a slider in the game settings, so anyone can set it higher or lower without using the console. In the end, it's up to each player, they want to mess with settings, they do it at their own risk and should face the consequences if they screw up and get themselves a permanent ban.

On 3/14/2019 at 2:43 PM, S p a r k i e said:

I can't agree with this. I have only ever seen 2 or 3 people ever using a non allowed value, and i've seen one of them banned in front of me when their truck slammed into another truck. Im pretty sure SCS wants to limit this to normal values in 1.35 anyways. If you get banned for putting in an incorrect value, its your own fault. You should learn the correct values in singleplayer or in a safe place rather than in collisions around other people. I don't want my truck driving like its on rails, which is why I have the g_suspension_stiffness at 0.5 (im pretty sure 1 is currently the default value, and the max)

Its not something you can use to cheat, so its not even against the rules to change its values. You just shouldn't change it out of the default values.

§2.1 - Hacking/Bug/Feature abusing - PERMANENT BAN

Using any kind of tool to change gameplay, including but not limited to using the in-game console, trainers or cheat engine in order to bypass the speeding limiter, to jump hack, no collision hack or anything similar. Misusing features such as the ghost mode to cause damage to others or similar.

The suggestion, in my opinion, should be more along the lines of making only normally allowed values something you can use, or making the rules say specifically you can only use normal values.

I completely agree with you. -1 on suggestion.

Petrova

DC: Petrova#6591  |  VTC: Wolves™  |  My YT Channel  |  Languages what I speak: Hungarian, English, Russian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

-1 if someone enters a value that causes instability and causes them to crash or glitch out and cause accidents, then there are plenty of rules currently in place to deal with it included save editing rules and reckless driving. 

Like most people, I have my settings at 0.5 for truck and trailer to a custom slider setting which feels safe yet realistic at the same time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...