Racing Championship - Spring 2019

Digital

Greetings Truckers!

We know what you're thinking... Another event is here already?! That's right! And this time, we have a special brand new series on the way very soon.

If you were around for our Summer Weekend event from July last year, you may remember our little Grand Prix events. We received a lot of great reactions from this, and have since then have been trying to keep our excitement behind closed doors, as we knew exactly what to do next!

POSTER

Taking place this Sunday 17th March 2019, our very first Racing Championship series will begin. Are you able to handle the pressure of high speeds, challenging roads, and hundreds of spectators judging your every move? Can you keep up?

If you answered YES! to all of those questions, we want to see you prove it. We want to crown our first Champion.

Not only will you feel amazing being our first Champion, but you'll also receive community recognition (more information on this to come), as well as a hefty Steam gift card!

GIFT-CARD

Requirements & Submission

To take part in the first championship, please ensure you meet the following requirements:

• Own American Truck Simulator (No DLC required)
  • Purchased your own truck
  • No punishments in the last 12 months
  • Fluent in English
  • Available on Sunday 17 March from 16:30 - 21:30 UTC
  • Nerves of steel!

If you are 100% sure you meet the above requirements, please complete the submission form here: https://goo.gl/forms/BHT2Xku9Gsvxi2563

Submissions close on Friday 15 March at 18:00 UTC!

Thank you for all submissions, good luck!

-TruckersMP Team

View post on homepage

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • HaulieLove 4
  • Woah! 1

2 hours ago, Zakxaev68 said:

Truck-sim multiplayer platform advertises racing activity /"event"/. Lord, have mercy on them (and give the programming skills to someone to develop a proper multiplayer mod so we can move on). You're turning into troll-magnet more and more. Racing is done in ToCA Race Driver/DiRT Rally, where you have the core racing experience thrown at you. I can't help myself but laugh out loud. :D

I don't thing it's funny. I think it's pretty sad. Like MP team has no better ideas of trucking events.

I agree there are many racing games, good and bad. ETS IS DEFINITELY NOT one of them. And it shouldn't be racing game! It should be trucking simulator, just as it always was. 

And MPteam should support ETS to being a trucking sim. Also in events. 

Raffi

----

Za każdym razem, gdy do firanki podpinasz 8x4 i włączasz koguty gdzieś na świecie umiera w cierpieniu mały szczeniaczek.
Every time You attach curtain trailer to 8x4 and turn your beacons on - somewhere dies cute little puppy.

^ @roweroraffi

Theres events almost everyday by the community of TruckersMP.

Also, this is for ATS not ETS2.

Its not a racing game (we all know its not), and thats what makes it a challenging and fun event.

Just because its not a racing game doesn't mean we can't race in it.

Similarly to saying "just because its not a truck you can't pull a trailer with it." or "Just because its not a pencil you can't write with it."

25 minutes ago, S p a r k i e said:

Its not a racing game (we all know its not), and thats what makes it a challenging and fun event.

now im gonna give you some examples what you just said right here

Here is a speed limit to 120km/h but it doesn't mean we can't go over 120
here is a sidewalk but it doesn't mean we can't drive on it with our cars 
it's red light doesn't mean i need to stop 
maybe you will get it now 
what we have here is making the totally opposite of what it supposed to be 

and your examples are pretty bad so get some better ones 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S p a r k i e said:

^ @roweroraffi

Theres events almost everyday by the community of TruckersMP.

Also, this is for ATS not ETS2.

Yes i saw it many many times. Speeding player who thinks he is a F1 champion rams in other players destroying their cargo and fun.

1 hour ago, S p a r k i e said:

^ @roweroraffi

Just because its not a racing game doesn't mean we can't race in it.

Similarly to saying "just because its not a truck you can't pull a trailer with it." or "Just because its not a pencil you can't write with it."

Look. It is a hammer. It should be used to hit nails, but HEY i have  great idea, let's hit someone on head really hard. What can go wrong?

Hey, it is a car, it is used to drive from A to B, but we can race in it on the public road and maybe we will not kill someone.

Hey it is a toner but let's try to eat it, maybe it will be fun drug and not a poison. 

Hey, it is a gun, most people using it pointing in other dirrection when push a trigger, but let's try what will hapen when we aim at your head a then press a trigger :P 

NO, NOT EVERYONE POSSIBLE THINK TO DO WITH SOMETHING IS A GOOD IDEA. 

It is exactly opposite. You should not do may things. Even when they are totally possible to do. And fun for someone. And easy. And You thinks nothing will go wrong.

Same is for ETS/ATS. Racing in it is a very bad idea. Not because it is not possible, or hard because its not hard and can be done easly. But You just should not feed the trolls with ideas how to drive faster and ram You more effectively.

And definitively You should not give loaded gun to the monkeys :)  Accident is more than one of possibilities :P And You don't have to be Einstein to understand this simple thing: It will NOT end on this event - it will expand to other servers and days. They have to train somewhere. Have You saw EU4 server lately? I have not. It's one place less to race somewhere without ramming into innocent players.

Raffi

----

Za każdym razem, gdy do firanki podpinasz 8x4 i włączasz koguty gdzieś na świecie umiera w cierpieniu mały szczeniaczek.
Every time You attach curtain trailer to 8x4 and turn your beacons on - somewhere dies cute little puppy.

1 hour ago, Le Cat said:

now im gonna give you some examples what you just said right here

Here is a speed limit to 120km/h but it doesn't mean we can't go over 120
here is a sidewalk but it doesn't mean we can't drive on it with our cars 
it's red light doesn't mean i need to stop 
maybe you will get it now 
what we have here is making the totally opposite of what it supposed to be 

and your examples are pretty bad so get some better ones 

Speed limits have different uses in different countries. In the USA theyre generally accepted as more of a reccomended speed. (some states enforce them heavily, but most don't). On the autobahn's of Germany there are reccomended speeds and speed limits.

If you live in a town with limited space you would understand there are places where the road and sidewalk are shared.

For red lights it depends on the situation. In most of North America you can turn right on red.

Im not saying there isn't wrong or right uses for things. But things are not, and should never be limited to one purpose.

Maybe you took it the wrong way, but you should go back and read my post, and tell me where I said there isn't a right and wrong way to use things.

@roweroraffi What does having an event have to do with people acting badly on other servers? There will be 200 people. You can't take part if you've had a ban in the past 12 months. Anyone that creates accidents or rams people on the other servers will be banned, as they always have been. Don't get triggered over a post on a forum. If you don't want to take part, then don't. If you don't want to be around people who will drive like its a race track, or people who troll on games, then you should avoid a large majority of people that play games.