Good old times without speed limiter

B&Č Transport ASIR [CZE]

I remember hitting 198 km/h in my Scania! It was fun.

Makes sense to have the speed limiter now though, the new physics would mean going 170+ would be virtually impossible without hitting someone or crashing.

I never remember trucks going faster than 167km/h and to be honest I'm happy that there's speed limit 150km/h, maybe most of the players think that nothing changed but there's a little change which is really important and I hope in the future the speed limit will be changed again for example to 130km/h as 150km/h is pretty much for the players who drive on EU2, especially on Calais - Duisburg route and most of the accidents happen just because of the high speed.

I was here for those days although the fastest I can ever remember driving up to this point in a lorry is ~130 km/h.

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

I'm quite desperate to experience this, but sadly I wasn't on the olden times, but this sounds fun. All I'm thinking now is, if there are speed limits in a particular areas, why set the speed limit affecting the whole area? Like highways 150 km/h (93 mph) ,  CD roads 150 km/h (93 mph) ,  especially the narrow ones. If they could specifically set the speed limit on a particular area like 180 km/h (111 mph) in highway, 130 km/h (80 mph) in CD roads or less, it'd be much way better. It's like when you're in a city, you're limited to 80 km/h. So I'm wondering if they could do the same aspect to other areas as well?

Ok, I get the simulation perspective, but some people gets bored easily at a given speeds right? Let's say you're in a rush, then you'd be given the chance to speed up and catch up the time. This is just my thoughts , some people think different :rolleyes:

@Marifelx,

from a simulation perspective, TruckersMP would need to enforce the speed limits displayed on the GPS map, because these comply in most cases with the speed limits shown on the road traffic signs which consider the course of the road. Or even better enforce European real world speed limits.

At present, country roads like the road between Duisburg and Calais lack an appropriate speed limit.
The GPS suggests a maximum speed of either 80kph or 60kph depending on which direction you travel and which country you are located.
IMO, the present 150kph however is completely unsafe considering the course of the road.

1 hour ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

@Marifelx,

from a simulation perspective, TruckersMP would need to enforce the speed limits displayed on the GPS map, because these comply in most cases with the speed limits shown on the road traffic signs which consider the course of the road. Or even better enforce European real world speed limits.

At present, country roads like the road between Duisburg and Calais lack an appropriate speed limit.
The GPS suggests a maximum speed of either 80kph or 60kph depending on which direction you travel and which country you are located.
IMO, the present 150kph however is completely unsafe considering the course of the road.

You don't understand my point.. My point is that why not limit it automatically in a specific speed in a particular area? If you're approaching city let's say cruising about 100 km/h, once you've got the message "you have entered the city" then automatically drops your speed at the limit of 80? Why not apply the same idea at highways and some narrow roads? This is my point, ok high speeds are applied on a highway, the limit would be let's say 100 ok, then after the highway itll automatically drop your speed into the limit set by the server. 

9 hours ago, Le Cat said:

yes i do i hated these times except a skoda going 250 

Precisley like in real life, phew now we have a real reason to check our mirrors and simulate beacuse people can actually overtake you.

Yes i think the speed limiter should be removed, because it's a simulation game, and if i want to try out the strenght off my engine on a straight and safe road where i am safe to, i should be allowed so.

If i make harm towards my surroundings i should be punished for it accordingly. Just because others can't controll themselves dosent mean i should be limited.

If anyone breaks the rules, they should get punished for it, and for those who not, and stay in their lane, no i don't think so.

Theres nothing more unrealistic and un-simulating than when the engine stalls and dies on Rpm and sound becauae off a invisible magical force that dosen't let you accelerate nor handle the truck as you wish, because you are limited because of others actions.

And if others can't respect others trafficants by not obeying to the rules then that will have consequences, just as in real life. 

A suggjection could be that TruckersMP makes it clear in the rules that if you speed above 150 and cause a accident because of your VERY RECKLESS/DRIVING you get two ban points. So that the perma ban adds upp quicker for trolls and morons who want to ruin others gameplay.

In real life people also slow down almost to a halt to check both sides maybe even twice before crossing the road. Here it's more like "meh i know noones coming anyways since the speed is limited" so yeah nice simulation...

And for those who wanna tunnelvision 90km/h and drive like a grandmother because they cant drive properly and keep themselves in the lane in speeds above 90 , there should be a Europe sever nr 9. So they dont get scared and traumatised when someone passes then on a highway.

And for us who wants to be free souls and not slaves to rules restricting us by others can go on with our day, thats whats so great about ets2, the freedom and simulation, and to mixture that with multiplayer is pure heaven and bliss , but now its a wishy washy in between mix because off rule breakers and traumatised people. 

59 minutes ago, {SWE}-THOR'S HAMMER said:

And for those who wanna tunnelvision 90km/h and drive like a grandmother because they cant drive properly and keep themselves in the lane in speeds above 90 , there should be a Europe sever nr 9. So they dont get scared and traumatised when someone passes then on a highway.

And for us who wants to be free souls and not slaves to rules restricting us by others can go on with our day, thats whats so great about ets2, the freedom and simulation, and to mixture that with multiplayer is pure heaven and bliss , but now its a wishy washy in between mix because off rule breakers and traumatised people. 

these two last sentences is the dumbest thing i ever heard 

I don't know if you know that in real life trucks are pretty much limited to 90km/h but fast everyone in TruckersMP has got patience skill level 0 and they go 120 with a truck which is pretty dumb thing to do and most of them end up with a crash later on 
so not everyone that drives 90km/h is a traumatised human it's just a guy that knows and wants to make the simulator a simulator and not a racing game 

and if we would really have that freedom in real life the world would pretty much turn into chaos 

I remember the times when I could drive with my Scania about 175 km/h but I don't mind driving with 150 km/h now. Especially becaue of the fact that I am doing External Contracts most I am driving 90 km/h most of the time, what I personally prefer. I like the speed limiter becaue I am sure that it already helped to prevent a lot of traffic incidents. However, everyone has his own opinion on that topic. :) 

2 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

@{SWE}-THOR'S HAMMER,

is there a particular reason why you copy and paste the same post here that you have already created in another thread before?

No there's no particular reason they are not the same posts..

The topic is pritty much the same and my point of view has not changed neither has yours i see now, so i thought id leave a comment about the subject just like you did in your manner. But you clearly seems to have issues with others not thinking or liking the same things as you.

So if im not allowed to think the same feel the same for a subject within a span off two weeks, do you think in your mind that ONLY you are allowed so? Sounds very hypocritical to me and egocentric.

I made the comment on what I think ,accept that.

I don't care about your interpitation off it, and please don't try to convince me with you're quotes, I won't change my mind.

Everyone is allowed to have a opinion, (you too).

*is there a particular reason why you has the same viewpoint as before in that thread you already posted in  before? That you post in now aswell? 

*is there a particular reason why you cannot accept others that don't share your point of view? And you start quoting and trying to convict them or convert them to your own beliefs? 

*is there a particular reason why you follow and try to demonisize others with a different oppinion than you?.

Usually i wouldn't go so off topic but you clearly just can't let others be, so sadly we have to defend ourself against the aggressor, and make it clear in the open to everyone. 

Happy trucking, hopefilly we can truck one day side by side in peace, without having others belifs and actions forced down our throats because off others. 

And noone is taking you away from you,  so you can keep dreaming and driving, visualise and simulate all you want.

Yes on occations there is people that can't controll themselves and therefor they should be punished accordingly and hard.

Just as i said with with a example 1,2, or ever 3 ban strikes if speed over 150+ for an example. That would put people off to trolling.

But now insted we who drive alot on highways and love the way of driving especially in long straight roads like in Scandiavia can't go faster because we get perm banned if we do. And also we can't properly overtake anymore, and thus the game is modified and flawed because off others peoples doings. 

Clearly you have fallen victim for such a crime or seen a loved one fall victim off it, and you have my deepest condolences to you and your friends.

But the system dosen't have to become totalitarian for every individual because it and restrict others that never harmed anyone else nor will. 

Nowhere do i or we state that we are going to "Race" or whatever terms you use. I boguht the game and have a legit key just like you, and as long as i follow the rules, and keep to my lane and do not bring you harm in any way i should be allowed to play the game, but for now we are beeing restricted. 

Thus our individualistic soverinity is under attack and we are no longer free in simulation. Have a continued good day trucking, and if you don't understand what i write, don't quote it, use google translate.

Also why it upsets me so much is because we dont even get to have 1 server with the default speed limit, but you guys get to have your way forced on us on all servers.. Just because some people can't handle themselves. Do you see the full picture?

@{SWE}-THOR'S HAMMER,

thank you for your detailed answer.

You have made some statements regarding me that are false, untrue and/ or are purely speculative, which is why you kindly will allow me to correct them.

I am confident that you and me can agree on that we have different opinions regarding the speed limit.

From my side that is totally okay, and I have no interest in changing nor suppressing your or anybody elses opinion. This forum is meant to exchange ideas, thoughts and opinions, and lively discussions are born especially from differences.

You however seem to be at some kind of war, as you feel the need to defend yourself against an aggressor.

I have a certain point of view regarding the speed limits (just as you do) and, to answer your question, have not changed it yet because nobody could give me a reasonable explanation that would convince me from the opposite.

Reckless driving is at present already a violation of the rules, and I do not see a reason why a certain velocity should be added to that rule. To my understanding, driving at excessive speed is already reckless because the player intentionally takes into account the higher possibility of eventually losing control of his/ her vehicle and cause an incident that might ruin another players gameplay.

I understand that you as a reasonable and responsible driver did not ask to be restricted because of a few players that failed to follow a straight road at high speed without crashing, but guess what - the innocent player involved in such a crash did not asked for a ruined gameplay neither.

And if you "can not properly overtake anymore" at a maximum speed limit of 150 kph it only means that the vehicle you intend to overtake is already driving at maximum possible speed.

And yes, two players driving as fast as possible trying to overtake each other is exactly what I call a race.

Your "individualistic soverinity" is not under attack as it does not stand above the rules of TruckersMP, which you agreed to follow when you registered.

All of us are restricted in one or another way to make multiplayer possible with that high number of players. It is not only you.

You are however welcome to make suggestions in the corresponding area of the forum.

And if it is so important to you to drive fast, why do you not support the suggestion made to remove the speed limit of the non-collision server EU#4?

Furthermore, "we" did not force "our" way on you.

The speed limit was simply the consequence of numerous accidents caused by driving at excessive speed. It was introduced by the TruckersMP team.

With that being said, I hope you understand that multiplayer can not consider every individual preference.

I would however like to thank you for your invitation to drive together with you one day. Because together and not against each other is the true intention of multiplayer and its community.

On 3/11/2019 at 3:06 PM, andy Suter said:

I remember those time too. Especially in my first week where I pulled out into the outside lane to overtake without seeing a skoda approaching at light speed, resulting in me smashing him into the barrier and me getting a ban. Great fun… not

Long live the speed restriction on our TRUCK sim!

XD Yeah that was the funniest thing. :D

2032295431_role_GameModeratorLeader(1).p

Archived