ASIR [CZE]

Do you slow down, when you are being overtaken?

no i dont. nor do i in real life either. you are the one attempting to overtake it is your responsibility to do so quickly and safely. if you cannot then you should back out of it and stay behind me.

• True Story 1

If they're clearly in a hurry I will slow down, the trucks (being overtaken) can be way closer than they seem (for me at least) and it looks like you have more than enough room so you go back into the lane and cut the truck off completely. So I believe it is 100% necessary and beneficial for both parties if the driver being overtaken slows down.

Here is me 100% professionally overtaking some people xdd

https://plays.tv/s/MGbVJKLTrrby

Usually when somebody tries to overtake me they crash into incoming truck or cut me off :D But sometimes if I see that there is experienced driver trying to overtake me, yes why not, I let him pass and slow down.

Since I always drive by Speed Limit. No. I don't slow down. It's not my responsibility to slow my truck when I'm already down at the speed limit. But I will also never speed up, that seems really unfair for the other driver.
On the other hand, if I see a crash upcoming, I will slow down to prevent the crash from happening.

It depends on a driver's behavior and driving style. If he drives safely and uses a signal for indicate intention, i'd  slow down and approach to right side of the road (exact opposite in UK). But if the driver is doing some silly behaviours, as @JeffSFC said, i don't have to cover someone else's mistake. 

• Upvote 1

I mean i always think this game like real life, in real life i would let people pass me so i always slow down a bit and let people pass. This is some kind of a rule in European Roads. You need to let others overtake you. You don't have to make things hard.

On 6/12/2019 at 1:51 AM, rockking said:

no i dont. nor do i in real life either. you are the one attempting to overtake it is your responsibility to do so quickly and safely. if you cannot then you should back out of it and stay behind me. 

This ^^ , however i dont speed more , i keep my speed , unless i see theres incoming traffic and he cant pass me safely then i slow down to avoid accident , but who is overtaking shall know how to do properly without putting in danger everyone in road

Slowing down during overtaking isn't ideal when doing so in traffic, also concur with @Louie G @megadethsteve666 @FernandoCR [ESP] statement's on page 4 .

Clearly when being overtaken, it's common sense not to speed up because maneuver could become a race and leads to unforeseen consequences which the overtaking driver takes responsibility and needs to assure in safety as possible and at same time, the overtaken driver also has obligation to move as close as possible to the right side of the corsail or the lane strip on which it moves, providing free way distance to the overtaking driver . The problem is different cases and one of the most particular is trolling .

Hey.

In the past when I was not a Community Manager, I did slow down when I was overtaken. But I never slowed down on C-D road. People who drive there risk a lot.

Overtaking someone on CD is even more dangerous now with the speed limiter at 110 km/h. The CD road was not made for that amount of traffic and overtaking vehicles.

Nowadays, I just keep driving and hope nothing happens. If someone crashes into me I ban or report them. :check:

I can understand that people want to drive fast. But especially on the CD road, all people should follow the speed limit to avoid collisions. There is a reason why it is called *limit*.

Happy trucking :D

• Like 1
  • True Story 1