Do you slow down, when you are being overtaken?

B&Č Transport ASIR [CZE]

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I'm late to reply but yeah I slow down also I tend to flash with high beams at night time to alert the truck who has overtaken that he can fit in the gap in front and his trailer is clear.

team_team-veteran2.png.7addb7035d220bbdb3381dc051b65869.png.8ececf112fadf55c4a71f39a3a4eee78.png Since May 2015Discord: Shaun#4513

Community Member since May 17th, 2015. 

GLASGOW, SCOTLAND.

Cloofter/Shaun.

After watching the video I can just say I never drive like this. I always follow the european traffic rules. So overtaking is no problem for most people. And in general it works like this: The one that wants to overtake must find the moment when its safe enough, then pass and merge without cutting the other one off or causing a crash.

So my answer to the question: No I normally don't slow down because either their faster and they overtake anyway or they aren't faster then they can drive behind me and they will arrive at the same time.

I don't often slow down. It's his/her choice they decided to ovetake me, why should I need to slow down and lose momentum for example. However, I don't accelerate either, as well it's not allowed to do so if other driver is making an overtake maneuver.
Of course, if I see that there's an oncoming driver, then I slow down and often even go to the right if I see he's going to either crash into this driver or me.

If he does hit me, well I'm allowed to report him, he decided to overtake me here and created an accident.

banner

Yeah well, many people follow EU Road regulations yet I follow UK road regulations considering I'm from Scotland. https://www.gov.uk/browse/driving/highway-code-road-safety

team_team-veteran2.png.7addb7035d220bbdb3381dc051b65869.png.8ececf112fadf55c4a71f39a3a4eee78.png Since May 2015Discord: Shaun#4513

Community Member since May 17th, 2015. 

GLASGOW, SCOTLAND.

Cloofter/Shaun.

I don't drive all that fast anyhow, between 50mph-60mph. If someone is in a hurry with a load I will slow down more, move over a little and let them pass. I would rather do all that than have someone following to close and not be able to stop if I do. That way no accidents and everyone is happy.

I slow down so they can get pass and not cause an issue or collision with oncoming vehicles. If it is that much of a risk, i normally just get as close as i can to the right hand side of the road with my right indicator on, Horn at them, so they know they can go! Just makes everyone journey a little bit safer!

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly with the new speed limit, I never am being overtaken. But before, yes if I knew being overtaken was inevitable then I would smoothly slow down and pull as far right (or left, if in England) as I could... even using the shoulder, when safe. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

lt depends on the simuation but we both have to be aware so much that we are being overtaken as who is going over we all have to be aware of what we do

Kind Regards,
Folatti

339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d 904932591_role_CommunityModerator(2).png

Languages: English 🇺🇸 | Portuguese 🇧🇷

Report System | Ban Appeal | Feedback System | Rules | Knowledge Base | Server Status

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived