Do you slow down, when you are being overtaken?

B&Č Transport ASIR [CZE]

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it depends like most of the time its someone lagging and i see where i can prevent an accident from happening so i tap the break and spare a player the trouble :mlg_doge:

TMP HISTORYᴘʀᴏғɪʟᴇ                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

ᴠᴇᴛᴇʀᴀɴ VI                                  

Driver Since 10 Apr 2015    

• Web Developer

I enjoy the game in a realistic style. Additionally I always take World Of Truck's delivery, so my max speed is 90 km/h.

In 95% cases of being overtaken I don't even have to slow down, cause the overtaker just fly next to me, so sometimes I can't even notice his truck. 

But generally Yes, if someone is just 10-20 km/h faster than me, I slow down, especially on 2 lanes roads.

Hello!
If someone is overtaking you, you need to help him. And I always do that. Help people!

Don't try to be different. just be good. To be good is different enough.

Saygılarımla              - Best regards       

-Silent Death_53        - Silent Death_53             

TruckersMP

It really depends on the situation.

If I deem it safe for the overtake to continue at a slow overtaking speed I would stay at my current speed. (on most motorways)

If I deem it unsafe for the overtake to continue I would probably honk my horn, and flash my lights to alert oncoming traffic since I need to look behind me so that I don't break check someone accidentally before slowing down.

AB Baitans Transport | [Driver] [Leader]

If I am being passed, I have right of way up until we are neck and neck. I may pull over to allow more breathing room for the pass, but it isnt my responsibility to coddle people who cant judge a proper pass. You can see oncoming traffic on the minimap, and chances are if you are driving too fast to see oncoming traffic to render, you probably shouldnt be passing.

Theres a word for people like that on the real roads. Dead.

Depends on the situation, i've had multiple times where I have been gradually gaining speed after a corner but someone has ended up on the wrong side of the road because they've gone to fast then decided to try and overtake. I've then been blamed for speeding up when i'm actually just trying to get back to 70 again. In that instance, the person who cut the corner at 80 and then tries overtaking unsafely is in the wrong.

If, however, it's a regular straight and someone is overtaking safely then sure, i'll make sure they can pass.

In a nutshell, if you're unsafely overtaking and causing issues for other drivers, it's no longer my responsibilty, if they're doing it safely then I have no problem with it.

76561198104168782_v1.png

Archived