Roadworks

TruckerJ

Question

11 answers to this question

There are places where traffic lights can be synchronized with other players. But there are always certain places that will not be synchronized. This can occur in areas with works. For those who leave random events active this can also make a difference when a work or signage appears that you are required to change lanes on the highway lane and that it can normally happen that another player is not with the random events enabled. Then it will go through the works.

>  Raaphael   <   

Veteran Driver VII

?   ?  ? ? ?   ?

Dear jsmith18762002

I am going to move your topic to the respective section since you're looking for Help. Next time, if you have any questions related to TMP, please consider creating a topic in the Help section as this section is not the correct place for questions or help related stuff.

You can find the help section over here - https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/55-help/

The "Euro Truck Simulator 2 Discussion" section is for discussions related to the community and to Euro Truck Simulator 2, as well as topic related to ets2 and not for help related stuff.

If you have any further questions or inquiries, don't hesitate to send me a Private Message! My inbox is always open should you have any questions or anything else!

//Topic moved to the Help section.

• Upvote 1

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Hi @jsmith18762002,

There are two services in-game. The server and client (player).

The server communicates with all clients but the client can communicate with only the server. The basic game has only client side, the server was added by the Mod makers.

In the case of the construction traffic lights on the client side (what I personally don't believe), it won't communicate with the server - only you will be able to see (like at the gates near Paris). That means every player will see different.

I think it was maybe only troller or a reckless user who didn't pay enough attention to the traffic lights.

Test this with your friends, if it's only on the client side (as I said in the first part) you should report this bug. :))

Regular traffic lights, inside cities, at road crossings, etc. are synchronized, so if you see green, players behind will see green and players on the crossing road will be seeing red. But at road works, the lights are not synchronized, meaning that you can see it red and the player behind your truck may be seeing it green. Or you see red and a truck coming on the other side sees his light also red. When going through road works, the best thing to do is be extremely cautious, use TAB players list to make sure that threre are no other vehicles nearby, check the GPS dots and in case of doubt, stop. When you see it clear, go through it fast, so you can clear the "obstacle" ASAP.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@jsmith18762002 You can always explain in your appeal (if the report ends up in a ban) that you were seeing a red light, TMP staff knows that those lights are not synchronized and that one player can see it red and the next one can see the same light green, a report about blocking at one of them would most probably be declined for this reason.

• Like 1

Hello There!

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.
Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.
If you still have any questions about this, feel free to DM me or our support team members, we will open this again.
Thanks to all for participation!

//Locked and Moved to Inactive