Fuel range issue after buying a new truck/car

LikeWildFire

Hey guys,

Has anyone ever noticed that, when you buy a new truck or scout car, the fuel range is pretty bad?

Like, the range of the car upon buying has a 1km per litre ratio so I end up having to refuel quite often, but for some reason when I restart the game or whatever, it drastically increases to about 1k 2k or 3k depending on whether it's a truck or car you're driving.

I'm not sure if this happens in Single Player too, but it always does on Multiplayer.

Let me know your thoughts on this

First of all, this is a feature that the SCS team has intentionally made because if you noticed in real life, vehicles that have just come out of the factory will burn a little more fuel than the same model vehicle because as time goes by, the engine recognizes its components and So that it can efficiently use the fuel. This is definitely not any bug or similar feature, just wanted to add realism to the game. ;)

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Chassis does matter - 4x2 has the largest fuel tank and the others would vary but often comparably halved the capacity.  You can see the fuel tank size in between the wheels when you are doing a customisation. 

If you are doing a realistic fuel consumption, you will burn fuel fast if you keep accelerating (for keyboard) or full throttle (for gaming pedals), especially for those trucks with high HP engine.

I think you can make a test with a consistent driving style in one particular road to see what makes you noticing the fuel consumption issues.

@Neba

your statement about the 4x2 is accurate, however the trucks that have an 8x4 chassis have the fuel take directly behind the cab and hold as much fuel as the 4x2 if not a bit more. in ATS the 6x4 long chassis has the highest fuel amount with 300 gallons of fuel. and a note, when I play ETS I use the Scania r 730 which has a fuel take that holds 200 gallons of fuel and I use the 6x4 chassis. same with the Volvo fh 750. I do not use save editing, and I get on average 1k to 1.5k total miles on a full load of fuel.

@ShadowWolf2k7 Sorry, but no... 8x4 models in ETS2 are the MB new Actross, Scania, Volvo and MAN euro 6. A table with their tank capacities would be as follows. You can see that in every case, the tanks are bigger when the chassis is 4x2. Scania new models have an option to install 6x4 long chassis, which gives more fuel capacity than the standard 6x4, but it's still a 1000 l./264.2 gal. tank, less than the 4x2 one. For all other models, the 6x4 chassis tanks are significantly smaller than the 4x2 ones.

03.08.2019-09.24.13

@FernandoCR [ESP]

its good to know that, however, to me it seems, that even using the 6x4 chassis in ETS I have to fuel up just as often when using the 4x2 as I do using the 6x4. this is with out using real fuel consumption. also not when I did use the 6x4 chassis in my previous post I used 6x4 long chassis referring to ATS, and  I have looked at the fuel tank on the 6x4 on the new Scania r, which with the 4x2 it has 2 tanks, one on each side, on the 6x4, the chassis is extended to add the second set of drive wheels, and yes the fuel tanks maybe be a bit smaller however after loading into ETS to verify my Scania with the 6x4 chassis is listed as having 254 gallons of fuel. this may be a bug, may not, but it is the Scania r 730 with the 6x4 chassis

20190308092457_1.thumb.jpg.ca01c62d9e35efb79e90b3cd8ef2b3c3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @LikeWildFire

Thank you so much for interacting with the community with this great post. You are awesome! I must inform you that after an inactive period of 14 days a topic will be moved to our archive.

That is the reason for why the topic will be locked and moved towards there. Do not hesitate to start a new dicussion or join one ^^

If you have any questions, please message me in private :)

//Locked and moved

• Guest locked this topic

Archived